Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I will go watch the boys train tomorrow. I feel for the boys they couldn't have pick a worst week to train up here. Even for us locals it's too hot and humid this week.
Keen for any training reports tomorrow

Give us every little detail please (rehab group, whose training where, types of drills etc)

Bonus points for photos posted

I can see the vision with Larkey and medium marking types but what if Larkey is injured seems the big question with only Maley and CCJ as back-up.

most cop the punishment even if they can afford it and not be a downer

Think Ben brown is the only to have paid and from memory the fine was much more back in the day but they reduced it recently
Heath O'Loughlan said in a podcast that he caught wind of Browny being about to be Kangalottoed, and stepped in to stop it.

Confirmed... Charlie moving to the backline. Pink, Chom & Corr probably our 3 talls down back come round 1.
All of a sudden we have 7 tall defenders on the list. Question is, what's the plan up forward?
Chom down back is not necessary. We have Pink, Corr, Biggie, Kal, and Log when he returns.
I think it's stupid that we're not playing him up forward where he can be of more value.

Chom down back is not necessary. We have Pink, Corr, Biggie, Kal, and Log when he returns.
I think it's stupid that we're not playing him up forward where he can be of more value.
I believe it's injury related. Trying to protect him from his own play style and shit luck, and get some continuity. I'd expect him to go back to the forward line if he lasts till Logue comes back. Frankly I don't think he will last that long and is a very good chance of being off the list at the end of 2025, but that's neither here nor there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe it's injury related. Trying to protect him from his own play style and s**t luck, and get some continuity. I'd expect him to go back to the forward line if he lasts till Logue comes back. Frankly I don't think he will last that long and is a very good chance of being off the list at the end of 2025, but that's neither here nor there
yeah I've heard that. But to me, him being in defence with forwards crashing into him and risking injury, is worse than him playing forward and risking injury, because he's not kicking goals for us, which we badly need.

yeah I've heard that. But to me, him being in defence with forwards crashing into him and risking injury, is worse than him playing forward and risking injury, because he's not kicking goals for us, which we badly need.
Not sure if you’ve ever played footy but it’s usually the defenders that crash into the forwards more so then the other way.

I know natural improvement to that the physiques is expected by such a young group but it's hard to not be impressed by the size that players like Sheez, Wardlaw and Arch have put on and I've also been equally impressed with Cam Z and Luke Mc noticeably slimming down.

easy to add others such as LDU, Tucker, Powell and Phillips who have all come back in ripping condition.

I know I'm usually on the positive side of the ledger but if we can get these lads through Xmas injury free we are going to be set up for a pretty fun 2024.

Worked out for Robbie Tarrant. Hope it works out well for Chom.

Still not sure how this makes sense considering we've now got like 5 guys that are key backs and only 1 that's a legitimate key forward. Yet we're going to throw this guy back? Isn't that why we went after Pink and Biggie?

To be fair, of those seven, only four of them are immediately usable.

As for the forward line, who needs a key forward when you have multiple medium types who can be stacked on each other's shoulders?
The multiple medium types can work, but only if we can prevent their intercepting defenders feasting on us, if our forwards consistently get separation and our midfielders kick to our advantage. It might be the trauma speaking, but I'm not an optimist

Worked out for Robbie Tarrant. Hope it works out well for Chom.
Almost identical scenarios. Tarrant struggled with form and injuries up forward. Chom, although there were promising signs, he struggled with holding his marks and wasn't kicking goals.

I think moving back is the best thing for his career, even if he eventually moves forward again.

We can't keep doing the same thing over and over again and hope for a different result. Swapping Chom down back can only be a good thing, there are be 2 scenarios;
1. His body lets him down again (in which case it's likely the end of his career).
2. He manages to get some continuity, string some games together, shows some promise and earns another contract.

Both of those scenarios are also applicable were he to play forward however we know for a fact that to date only scenario 1 has played out so why not try something different and see if we can give him the best opportunity for scenario 2.

Not sure if you’ve ever played footy but it’s usually the defenders that crash into the forwards more so then the other way.
Agree.

I personally prefer him forward but I'm more than comfortable that a player under 22 doesn't have to be set for their entire career based on their first handful - or even seasons - of games. I just want him playing 15-16+ games a year at this stage. We can worry about forward back later on and indeed others often stake a claim or injury can force adaption later on.

conceptually I have no issue with moving a player anywhere really.

However:

Established
Corr - KPD
Logue - KPD (injured)

New
Pink - KPD
Biggie - KPD
Dawson - KPD

Existing not established
Dawson - KPD (extended)
Chom - KPD (Moved)

that is a hell of a focus on bridging a gap on losing a single player while leaving us thin for KPFs.

While I get the whole small ball, 1 tall surrounded by mediums and smalls, We are asking a lot of Larkey and of a midfield that has spent decades dump kicking the ball forward.

Not saying it won't work but, seems like a lot of eggs in one basket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back