Training Training Reports and Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Popped down to watch the boys that didn't play last night, train this morning.

Bianco
Noble
Wilson
Kreuger
Allan
Frampton
Draper
Ruscoe
Ryan
Reef
Murley
Richards
Harrison
Begg
Dean
Steene
Carmichael

Were all present.

I missed the earlier part, but believe they did some warm up drills, then did some conditioning, which was some sprints. Then followed by match play.

Next Training Sessions:

Monday 25 September: 2:30 - 3:15pm
Tuesday 26 September: 9:00am - 11:30am (Open Training)
Thursday 28 September: 9:00am - 11:30am (Open Training)
Friday 29 September: 9:00am - 9:30am

Next Training Sessions:

Monday 25 September: 2:30 - 3:15pm
Tuesday 26 September: 9:00am - 11:30am (Open Training)
Thursday 28 September: 9:00am - 11:30am (Open Training)
Friday 29 September: 9:00am - 9:30am
So Thursday the big one then. Any idea how early people should arrive?

So Thursday the big one then. Any idea how early people should arrive?
The boys will be out at 9:30, but maybe come around 9 or before. It'll be a big crowd. People are usually there when I arrive at 9, so up to you.

Daicos brothers would be getting ready for tonight! Moore and Howe probably rested, and Adams is a bit of a head scratcher...
Either done or not... elementary my dear Torpedo
Adams is frozen in carbonite and will be revived on Saturday morning.

Daicos brothers would be getting ready for tonight! Moore and Howe probably rested, and Adams is a bit of a head scratcher...
Adams did a session yesterday morning, he should be there tomorrow

Adams did a session yesterday morning, he should be there tomorrow
Update just came through. He’s running at 85% capacity, needs to get to 100% by game day.

Go Tay Tay, you can do it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah,he’s running at 85% capacity five days out from the grand final.I reckon he’s going to make it.
He’ll certainly give everything he has trying.

It seemed to be slated as a light session compared with the 2 tomorrow and Thursday. Adams will be hoping to complete the main sessions. Moore is going to the Brownlow as well because he is skipper and his ankle was swollen after an incident in the 3rd quarter.

What about Frampton, Krueger, Reef and Noble? Anything noteworthy about any of them?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
They were all there.
Its hard to judge anything from today, they were out for 45 mins, a bit of running, some light drills.

Re: tay

“He’s going well … I had a good chat to him (on Monday) about the boxes he needs to tick and what are the things that he needs to do to be available,” McRae told this masthead on Monday.

“He’s going to probably train lightly (on Tuesday) but then on Thursday, have a real crack at it.

“I am definitely a risk-taker … but also, this time of year, you’ve got to weigh up the risk and the reward. I won’t shy away from taking risks.

“If you come and watch training (on Thursday), he’ll either get through training well, or he won’t quite get there, and then obviously we’ll have a decision to make with that.

“I had a good chat to him today. He’s either going to be right or not. And if he’s right, then we’ve got a decision to make.”

Geelong made the difficult call to leave Max Holmes – who was also battling a hamstring – out of last year’s grand final, in which it prevailed over Sydney, while Swan Sam Reid and Giant Phil Davis have been risked in recent years and battled to play.

Adams’ former captain and current teammate Scott Pendlebury backed the Magpie to know within himself what was the right call.

“It’ll come down to the medicos and Tay and how he goes, but he’s got a lot of time left to get himself right and recover. Three or four days is a long time, so see how he goes.

“He’ll know. That’s why I think it’s a bit of an easier call. Because you trust him. He’ll make the right decision, and he’ll make the best decision for the group.”

Former Magpies coach Mick Malthouse said on Sunday that Billy Frampton was the ideal candidate to replace injured forward Dan McStay to maintain team balance.

Pendlebury said the team had “great depth” and that the club had been “really smart in going out and recruiting guys like that to build the depth”.

“Tay will make the right call for the group and I feel like we’ve got options to cover either way it goes,” he said.

Tay did a session yesterday. Probably worked in the gyn today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Training Reports and Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back