Training Training Thread 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

OP?
Wtf please don’t tell me we got another one with osteitis pubis

Kevin White didn't sound too worried in the video. Said he in the off season they stripped his program back and rebuild him. Pre Xmas he was on strict training loads to build strength. The last 3 weeks he has had a good block and they think he will progress in 2 weeks as I previously said. Let's hope it isn't an Aidan Corr 2 weeks :p

"Griff's going well, he ended his season with a little bit of OP (osteitis pubis) in his groin so in the off-season it was very much about trying to strip his program back and rebuild him," White said.

"Pre-Christmas he was on stringent training loads at that point - controlled running loads and controlled gym work to build up that strength - but he's had a really good Christmas block (over) the last three weeks that should see him join the main group in two weeks' time.

Two weeks!
For a minute I thought this was something to do with our programme, at least we’ve picked it up, fingers crossed hes all ready for round one.

Last edited:

Kevin White didn't sound too worried in the video. Said he in the off season they stripped his program back and rebuild him. Pre Xmas he was on strict training loads to build strength. The last 3 weeks he has had a good block and they think he will progress in 2 weeks as I previously said. Let's hope it isn't an Aidan Corr 2 weeks :p
We can rebuild him…
Six Million Dollar Man - NBC.com

Can anyone who went confirm that Curtis and Bull both attended some centre bounces? And that both look in sublime touch. I also believe that Jy spent a little time up forward? Drury in defence? Oh and Howe now regrets not riding off into the sunset and playing ammos after attempting to tackle LDU and ending on his arse.

Personally I don't like it but I understand why Thomas might be moved to hb

Still, I'd rather him develop through midfield/hf where he dominated half a season and looked like one of tge best young players in the league in that role
Certainly worth a shot in my opinion if we get the ball in his hands more it would be nothing but good for us.

Wing perhaps?

I do want to stress… everyone looks good playing in a NMFC intraclub game. Remember when David King anointed Jack Mahoney as the new Robbie Gray on the back of one a couple of years ago? TBF, that probably said more about King than Jack.
Mark Powell looked pretty crap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really enjoyable day at training, had my two little ones with me so was hard for me to really concentrate on the drills. Hard to make out a lot of the players in the training/fluoro gear. Ansanholt seemed to be all over it, kudos mate. The chat was up and intensity seemed on point. Lmac the loudest.
Match sim was nice and contested, Archer is legit flying, genuinely shocked at how much he's come on! TT interesting move to put him down back but he could easily make one of the flanks his own, I like it. Looks like Drury will play down back and I get Bowey vibes about him not just the hair colour. Calm, composed and very clean in everything he does. So good to see Chom fit, goes without saying but he'll straighten us up big time. Sorry for the lack of actual substance.

I do want to stress… everyone looks good playing in a NMFC intraclub game. Remember when David King anointed Jack Mahoney as the new Robbie Gray on the back of one a couple of years ago? TBF, that probably said more about King than Jack.

Speaking of David King and intraclubs, Clayton Lasscock took him apart in one in 2001.

Beware the siren's call of the fringe tearing up an intraclub.

Impressed with the general feel around the club this morning.

Very upbeat, smiles amd everyone looks like they are loving it.

Boys loved it.

This bloke their highlight.View attachment 1584784
Nice one, you were right next to me Hellsbells. Your kids got a tonne of pics. Agree that there was a great vibe around the place. My boy was collecting the balls that slipped through the net during the goal kicking drills and was handing them back to the players, they were all so lovely to him he won't shut up about it haha Screenshot_20230111_141115_Gallery.jpg

Nice one, you were right next to me Hellsbells. Your kids got a tonne of pics. Agree that there was a great vibe around the place. My boy was collecting the balls that slipped through the net during the goal kicking drills and was handing them back to the players, they were all so lovely to him he won't shut up about it haha View attachment 1584793

They are very happy with their photo haul that’s for sure.

After standing in the sun this morning and wishing I had one myself I’ll say No lol
I want a north Terry Towling hat or a NMFC floppy hat

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Training Thread 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back