Training Training thread - news and live reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

People forget he's only 20. Not everyone matures at the same time and a male brain doesn't fully mature until 25. He'll come good, with the guidance from Scamper you suggest.
Yeah. I figure he's a year behind Jy. Same position, similar level of talent. A few genuine breakout games like Jy had this year would be fine for him. His games against Brisbane and Richmond this year were getting there but ultimately felt like a bit of a tease. Just on a really rough look at some numbers, along with the eye test, he needs to get his K/HB ratio up and do more damage with his kicking. He already shows a willingness to take the game on in traffic when he gets the chance. He's not too dissimilar to Dangerfield and Cotchin at the same age based on Footywire, and a better ball user than either of them.

Are Will Walker and Perez still doing rehab? Always curious as to how Bonar's fitting in too.

Nothing really to do with training, but just before I left, Perez was on the boundary about 40 out, flicking the ball around with his feet and then volleyed the footy at goal, bounced between the big sticks but then the ball bounced the wrong way. Still, it was a ridiculously skill full thing.

Do you know if he played soccer?

Last edited:
Nothing really to do with trading, but just before I left, Perez was on the boundary about 40 out, flicking the ball around with his feet and then volleyed the footy at goal, bounced between the big sticks but then the ball bounced the wrong way. Still, it was a ridiculously skill full thing.

Do you know if he played soccer?
Captained Vic at the U12 nationals

Yeah. I figure he's a year behind Jy. Same position, similar level of talent. A few genuine breakout games like Jy had this year would be fine for him. His games against Brisbane and Richmond this year were getting there but ultimately felt like a bit of a tease. Just on a really rough look at some numbers, along with the eye test, he needs to get his K/HB ratio up and do more damage with his kicking. He already shows a willingness to take the game on in traffic when he gets the chance. He's not too dissimilar to Dangerfield and Cotchin at the same age based on Footywire, and a better ball user than either of them.
Scott's awful handball heavy gameplan hardly created fertile ground for an emerging mid to flourish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott's awful handball heavy gameplan hardly created fertile ground for an emerging mid to flourish.
51K/58HB in 7 scott-coached games, 51K/48HB in 7 for scamper. So the ratio improved a bit but not big enough numbers to really tell, while overall disposals wend down. And had the shoulder trouble in the back half of the season.

Boner is in everything. Big size for a kid
Yep. Going in hard too

L8RvPrjdOQfV.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back