Transfer Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know why we're adding another expensive signing up forward.

Unless someone else if off.

He's into horse racing so he'll get along with Tony Bloom.
I thought same thing ..you have ample decent forwards ..oh well good luck to him if he goes ..hopefully has some good tips for Tony!

That's the thing, for that price I think it's actually a decent deal for you, but does he get replaced ultimately.
Yeh agree. He hasn’t been the same since his injury last year but with Summerville & Gray already gone was pretty vital for us. I hope he does well in the premier league, such a fun player to watch.

Chelsea’s strategy boggles my mind. They already have the millstone of a dozen long contracts from gaming the amortisation rules. This guy is locked up for another seven years, what possible benefit comes from making that nine? Sure, he is their best player, give him a payrise, but why make the contract even longer?

Best case he maintains his form and there are no issues. But he could get injured, turn out to be a one season wonder, no longer fit with the manager of the weeks plans. I don’t understand taking on that downside at this point.
9 year deals are mental

9 years ago Jordan Ibe, Patrick Bamford, Rolando Aarons and Dele were the top picks for breakout stars of the league.

Phillips off to Ipswich on loan rather than Everton by all accounts.
Sister Act Reaction GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting to see where they play him. Was really good at centre half in the preseason. Pep pretty much saying he's not capable of playing in the midfield for us.
That makes sense as he can't deal with much of a press anymore.

I think Ipswich are pretty light in center mid though so I suspect that's where he'll play.

Ipswich vs West Ham will be interesting this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Transfer Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back