Transfer Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought you guys weren't interested in Felix after his last loan stint. Surprised about the lack of noise on a Sterling exit as surely with all the wingers you will have in the squad he would be struggling for regular game time.
Poch didn't want Felix, think the SDs were keen to keep him.

Juve have enquired about Sterling on loan but sounds like he's keen to stay in London. Nice backup to Neto on the LW.

Will be a pretty frantic and busy end to the window for us.

Poch didn't want Felix, think the SDs were keen to keep him.

Juve have enquired about Sterling on loan but sounds like he's keen to stay in London. Nice backup to Neto on the LW.

Will be a pretty frantic and busy end to the window for us.

Yeah you guys do have quite a fair bit of depth that needs moving on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess when they included 20 plus guys have or about to be loaned/sold it does seem large. Bit of a shit clickbait tweet, not really what you expect for the Athletic.

Does that figure include players who have already been loaned out? More relevant perhaps would be the current number of players in the squad at this point in time, it does seem like a lot of exits to coordinate in the remaining fortnight of the window.

Does that figure include players who have already been loaned out? More relevant perhaps would be the current number of players in the squad at this point in time, it does seem like a lot of exits to coordinate in the remaining fortnight of the window.
It includes loan outs and sales already made.

No doubt we are going to be busy moving a lot of footballers before the window shuts(maybe a few bargains for a few clubs). Was always the plan with Maresca getting a look over preseason first.

Clearlake must have an entire department of staff devoted to managing all of their loans. Might send them an email with my resume to see if there's any jobs going.

It includes loan outs and sales already made.

No doubt we are going to be busy moving a lot of footballers before the window shuts(maybe a few bargains for a few clubs). Was always the plan with Maresca getting a look over preseason first.

Yes had a feeling it was a bit misleading. The current tally of players at the club at this point in time I think is more useful. 30ish?

Clearlake must have an entire department of staff devoted to managing all of their loans. Might send them an email with my resume to see if there's any jobs going.

They may sign you as a winger instead. It’s been a while.

Yes had a feeling it was a bit misleading. The current tally of players at the club at this point in time I think is more useful. 30ish?

They may sign you as a winger instead. It’s been a while.

Giving a 8 year contract to a 40+ bloke might be taking the FFP PSR piss just a little too far.

On that graphic imo there is only 20 guys over 21(that's what's counted, you can have 25) that'll still be in the squad come the end of the window. There'll be probably another 10 under that age that'll float between the first squad and the development squad. I'm guessing most clubs will role like this.

Weird with you guys having a new Technical and Sporting Directors. Would have thought they'd want to be active.

I'm not sure what's going on tbh. Seems they stick to a small list of identified targets, go hard on negotiations and generally don't have a second option if a deal can't be closed.

On that graphic imo there is only 20 guys over 21(that's what's counted, you can have 25) that'll still be in the squad come the end of the window. There'll be probably another 10 under that age that'll float between the first squad and the development squad. I'm guessing most clubs will role like this.

Yes I get what you’re saying. The question was moreso how many are currently listed, noting that that is likely to significantly reduce in the remaining fortnight. Just curious I guess. It certainly seems like a lot of business to try and finalise in a relatively shortish period of time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Transfer Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back