Trav Cloke to Carlton..? say it isn't so..

Remove this Banner Ad

I will ask this though.

As much as i dont want to lose trav, if we lost him and were able to use the cap space that was freed up to sign pendles thomas harry O and swanny would that be considered a win for the pies to not lose any of these blokes to GWS

What do you guys think ?

I have had just about enough from Cloke and the way he is treating us. We have 55 minutes to trade him, he can piss off. Who does he think he is threatining to nominate for the draft. We can get someone who actually wants to be there and has a proper manager. If we lose him for nothing Il be a very angry man.

agreed, however i guess it comes down to how much will it effect your clubs' forward line?

chris dawes is not an elite power forward (yes i know he plays the lead up role really well) and you seemed to win a flag with him...

travis is not the sharpest needle so this does reek of his father getting into his head...

Trav is feet up somewhere on a beach. I would not be surprised if he has no idea of his mooted actions.:D
Dad was obviously bored and heard there was some trade thingy going on and thought it would be good to text a mate at the HUN for some lolz.

Funny, for a key forward that so many opposition supporters don't rate the possibility of him leaving sure has generated a lot of discussion on their boards...

I hope somebody from the club has sent Trav some of this interview. $5 Trav doesn't even know about it since he's on holidays. Pies should strongly suggest he gets a professional manager for next time as well.

Trav is feet up somewhere on a beach. I would not be surprised if he has no idea of his mooted actions.:D
Dad was obviously bored and heard there was some trade thingy going on and thought it would be good to text a mate at the HUN for some lolz.

Nope, it's much more likely that David is a deadly serious buffoon who is in way over his head.

Funny, for a key forward that so many opposition supporters don't rate the possibility of him leaving sure has generated a lot of discussion on their boards...

Worth it just for that. Start recording some Zahk for posterity / auto-signatures.

mate, if you think that, let him walk for nothing. and then watch another team prosper.

He took the most contested marks for the year in the forward 50.
and kicked 38 goals

last time i checked JA kicked 12 more goals last year in less games and less marks

lol who cares about cloke trade him to freo and get taz and someone else

Can we just be clear about something before we kick travis Cloke's arse on the way out the door:

Travis Cloke is the best CHF we have had since Alan Edwards and he did SFA due to knee injuries. Pre Edwards you'd have to go back to Carmen who wasn't really a CHF and possibly back to Murray Weiderman. I know he can't kick for goal but we should have some perspective. Cloke is a very good young CHF. They are as rare as hens teeth. He will be more value over the next 3 years than J. Brown who's body has given way and probably any other current CHF candidate besdie Franklin who is a freak.

Cloke is worth around $400k and that's about what he'll get at Collingwood. If he moves club he'll get $600k.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sold! (but i would also say that if we keep trav i would be more then happy

A chf that struggles over head and a full forward that just plain struggles, oh goodie I can hardly contain my excitement

Dawes to CHF, Anthony to the goalsquare. Seeya Trav.
Don't be ridiculous. Travis Cloke is overseas. He has been a Collingwood supporter all his life and just played in a premiership, and I'm sure he wants to stay. It's his old man that is doing all the talking, and I'm not so sure if Travis would be pleased with what he is saying.

I wonder if Trav knows what's going on. He'd probably hate to leave the Pies.

This and as Pie Eyed said in another thread this has been a big snowball spawned from nothing in the interest of getting attention. It started from Sticks being at the Carlton trade table and the assumption that something big maybe on the table the got onto David Cloke for comment who took full advantage of the air time to mention this.

If David and Trav had any thoughts of leaving Collingwood (especially for more coin.) The GC and then trade week would have been the perfect time to do so. As it stands they haven't so clearly Cloke wants to stay. I highly doubt they are going to risk ending up at Brisbane, Richmond or WCE to get a couple extra dollars.

On Dawes to CHF and JA to CHF, the contested marking that Travis Cloke brings to the side, and the ability that it gives us to lock the ball into our fowardline is invaluable. We will lose plenty if he goes. He would have been close to the best performed foward in the finals series.

This and as Pie Eyed said in another thread this has been a big snowball spawned from nothing in the interest of getting attention. It started from Sticks being at the Carlton trade table and the assumption that something big maybe on the table the got onto David Cloke for comment who took full advantage of the air time to mention this.

If David and Trav had any thoughts of leaving Collingwood (especially for more coin.) The GC and then trade week would have been the perfect time to do so. As it stands they haven't so clearly Cloke wants to stay. I highly doubt they are going to risk ending up at Brisbane, Richmond or WCE to get a couple extra dollars.

On Dawes to CHF and JA to CHF, the contested marking that Travis Cloke brings to the side, and the ability that it gives us to lock the ball into our fowardline is invaluable. We will lose plenty if he goes. He would have been close to the best performed foward in the finals series.

this man speaketh the truth.

Oh big whoop, he's looking for a bit more coin. He's doing to us what we're doing to Fremantle lol.

I think he'll stay, he wants to stay, it's just his old man who is being a prick. And I guess, to some extent, good on him.

Well I know the first thing I'm going to do in my sports management career; go out and get Travis Cloke as a client! :D

Seriously though, what a crock. This is really unprofessional from David and I'm sure the Pies won't stand for it. I'd imagine they'll be pushing hard for Travis to go to Pickering or Nixon in the next 12 months or so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trav Cloke to Carlton..? say it isn't so..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back