Travis Cloke

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, don't judge me for listening to SEN, but I just heard a caller ring up and say that a group of Collingwood supporters are marching down to the Westpac centre this afternoon demanding that they get rid of Cloke o_O

Id like us to seriously look at it. We cant hold onto the "we are young" line after this year. Next year we have to step up, so why not get a big forward that will help us out. Jack is better than Dawes and a three pronged attack actually helps a lot in our ruck stocks as well. Move Vickery into playing more ruck time and we dont have to rely on the spuds of old in McGuane and Graham.

The last time we played the trade game with Collingwood it almost destroyed us, so that might be where the jinx came from and the only way to break it is to play the game with them again.

In any case ive waited 30 years...but Richmond has always been entertaining. Making Eddie crack the sads and target us would be good for football and kick start us being hated again...how it should be.

Id like us to seriously look at it. We cant hold onto the "we are young" line after this year. Next year we have to step up, so why not get a big forward that will help us out. Jack is better than Dawes and a three pronged attack actually helps a lot in our ruck stocks as well. Move Vickery into playing more ruck time and we dont have to rely on the spuds of old in McGuane and Graham.

The last time we played the trade game with Collingwood it almost destroyed us, so that might be where the jinx came from and the only way to break it is to play the game with them again.

In any case ive waited 30 years...but Richmond has always been entertaining. Making Eddie crack the sads and target us would be good for football and kick start us being hated again...how it should be.

I don't think I could handle losing one of our big names to those Mongrels though :mad:

Yep only way i see us doing it is if we can heavily frontload the contract whislt we arent paying much to allow us to fit him in on a cheaper salary in years 4 and 5

If anyone's looking for a good laugh, go to the collingwood board have a read about what they are saying about Cloke.

Oh how lovely it is to see Collingwood in a bit of disarray...

Riewoldt and Cloke would both demand the best key defender of the opposition club, one of them should get free every game. There are very few clubs with two quality key backs, I would play your half forwards towards the centre square and start Cloke and Riewoldt together in space off the goal line. They can both take a mark, Cloke can wrestle his defender while Jack leaps over the top to mark. Cloke could probably run like Richardson up the ground too.

I've thought you guys always had one really good forward, with two you get better. He'd only cost what you pay Deledio, wouldn't he?

Say we where to go out and get Cloke. It's things like this that can break clubs up. Alright so Cloke was at Richmond on a heap of Money. Surely Cotchin, Deledio and Jack would be better to pay as the top player when they have done all the hard work with the club over the years. Before we know it Cloke comes in and day1 is on more money then them. I am not interested in cloke face it even though David played with Richmond that family do have serious issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's now time we threw our hat in the ring. Even if we don't get him, make the Pies sweat and pay overs. That'll affect their salary cap management at least hurt their hip pocket.

The Pies ain't sweating. They're cool enough to put Clokes contract talk on hold. I think they're calling Damir Cloke's bluff.

Saying no to cloke is just stupid. Mentioned in the other thread but I will say again, cloke is probably not worth the money he is asking for on his ability alone. But if you factor in where he plays and the team structure he would bring, as well as a flow on effect to our whole forwardline ie. cloke taking the best defender and drawing more players to him, leaving jack with 1 on 1 contests for the first time since 2010, i would say these factors make him well worth the money.
As other posters have said if we could heavily front end the contract as much as we could which surely would be a fair bit as we are paying no were near the salary cap, then have him on say 500k in years 4-5 so there is enough money for the cotchins and martins of this world, im sure all players would be ecstatic to get someone like cloke in our team who would rocket us up the ladder.
We should definitely look long and hard at this situation imo as an opportunity like this may not come round again.

What a load of cr@p I have read when posters are saying that a 5 year contract is over the top!
Just look at Pavlich who will be turning 31 in December and single handedly keeping Freo in the hunt for an unlikely final position as a KPF.
In fact, Pavlich has kept them from total embarrasment for several seasons now....so a 5 year contract offered to Cloke is not so unrealistic, particularly if his best football is in front of him!

There is a massive risk with taking this bloke he'll come in and carry on like a diva, and basically just piss off our core players and break the whole dynamic of the team. Seems like a selfish bloke, not sure he's got a team first mentality.
Another ruckmen, more midfield depth and a KPD first please.

To be fair before this whole mess I don't think Cloke has once carried on like a Diva at the Pies.

No chance Cloke will be earning this sort of coin post footy. He knows this and wants security. 2mil over 5 years. Maybe upto 3mil if he hits certain performance goals.

Whoever gets cloke's services including collingwood will be looking in the 4-5.5mil over 5 years so upwards of 800k a year. If we want to offer under this we may as well forget it. To anyone thinking if the price is fine then take him, we are not going to get the perfect price if we want him. We will be paying overs so at the end of the day that's what they'll be weighing up, if that money is worth the possible reward. I think it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Travis Cloke

Remove this Banner Ad

Back