Travis Cloke

Remove this Banner Ad

If Trav's current form is any indication of his intention to stitch up a multi-million dollar contract - god help him when he's sitting back watching the dollars pour in.

The media's willingness to excuse his form this year on contract negotiations also confuses me a little. Is it like he's leading up the ground thinking "oh hang on, better drop this one - Dad and I have got to talk about my contract tomorrow".

Far too many assumptions being made for my liking. I'd prefer we steered well clear of this catastrophic sideshow. Much in the way the Pies seem to be positioning themselves...

if he dose get bought it won't be by a Victorian club as he wouldnt be able to show his face around town

aka like Scully

If Trav's current form is any indication of his intention to stitch up a multi-million dollar contract - god help him when he's sitting back watching the dollars pour in.

The media's willingness to excuse his form this year on contract negotiations also confuses me a little. Is it like he's leading up the ground thinking "oh hang on, better drop this one - Dad and I have got to talk about my contract tomorrow".

Far too many assumptions being made for my liking. I'd prefer we steered well clear of this catastrophic sideshow. Much in the way the Pies seem to be positioning themselves...
Obviously don't play sport. Its a subconscious thing, not a conscious one. It lingers in the back of your mind and distracts you from your game. Your lead up to the game is thrown off, your concentration during the game is thrown off. You're not concentrating solely on the footy, you're concentrating on your negotiations with the club and the decision to stay or leave. And if you go into an AFL game with your mind elsewhere, you will not play well.

Whilst very handy overhead, his recent performances seem to indicate that he's mentally fragile if you believe that these ongoing contract negotiations are directly related to his performance. And we've had years and years of watching guys blow their chances in front of goal. For big $, I couldn't handle watching another sprayer.

Whilst very handy overhead, his recent performances seem to indicate that he's mentally fragile if you believe that these ongoing contract negotiations are directly related to his performance. And we've had years and years of watching guys blow their chances in front of goal. For big $, I couldn't handle watching another sprayer.
Imagine if you went to work every day with your contract running out and not having negotiated a new one and the organisation offering you less than what you think your are worth? How well would you be doing your job?

if we get him vickery and jack might also go backwards as cloke becomes the main target.....

i think we can develop our own option....

Depends if they get in each others way. Cloke would need to play high up the field with the other leading from the square and then Vickery/Maric as the big bailout option deep in the square.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cameron was said to be doing due diligence with him, said it was his duty to look at all prospects.
That's right. We are not in the race. He will be considered should negotiations between Collingwood and Cloke fall over. And we don't need any more downhill skiers in our forward line.

Obviously don't play sport. Its a subconscious thing, not a conscious one. It lingers in the back of your mind and distracts you from your game. Your lead up to the game is thrown off, your concentration during the game is thrown off. You're not concentrating solely on the footy, you're concentrating on your negotiations with the club and the decision to stay or leave. And if you go into an AFL game with your mind elsewhere, you will not play well.

I was maybe trying to express my point a little too obscurely. As Harvey alluded to, now WE ASSUME it's contract negotiations. Next could next it be girlfriend troubles? New baby on the way? Jack made fun of him in the showers?

The fact is, he is not playing at the level expected of him. Fact. He wants one of the largest contracts in the league. Fact.

Imagine if you went to work every day with your contract running out and not having negotiated a new one and the organisation offering you less than what you think your are worth? How well would you be doing your job?

What sort of argument is that? It's not like he's facing redundancy, quite the opposite in fact, and the the $ on offer I'd be making sure I'd be proving my worth. Proving that he's fragile? Pass.

Either way, Cloke is not doing anything to justify that amount of coins anyway.

He has never done anything ever to justify that coin, but is he worth it for a club like Richmond in a time like now?

As a player? No.

As a finance generating resource? Absolutely.

He would return the million plus interest by taking the Tiges the next step and activating (fickle) elements of the Tiger Army.

You would get the million back, you just couldn't spend it on player payments.

As a player? No.

As a finance generating resource? Absolutely.

He would return the million plus interest by taking the Tiges the next step and activating (fickle) elements of the Tiger Army.

You would get the million back, you just couldn't spend it on player payments.
Like Judd did to Carlton......... Pass.

Like Judd did to Carlton......... Pass.

The difference with Judd and Carlton is that Carlton had nowhere near the level of Richmond's talent when Judd got there.

any update on the Magpie Horde marching on Westpac to protest against Cloke?

hope this happens because it will make our chicken poo incident look intelligent

Remove this Banner Ad

Travis Cloke

Remove this Banner Ad

Back