Trengove - 2 Week Suspension

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd prefer that he got 3 weeks or none, not taking the soft option an just accepting 2.

Could you go to the tribunal and argue the offence down to a lower level? Like, you dont escape without penalty, but they could change it to 1 week instead of 3?

Un-****ing-believable.

We should 100% be contesting this, as mentioned, I'd rather we contested it and he get 3 than accept that utter bullshit.

Campbell Brown's intentional full elbow to the face behind play got the same am I right???

If so, that is criminal.

Un-****ing-believable.

We should 100% be contesting this, as mentioned, I'd rather we contested it and he get 3 than accept that utter bullshit.

Campbell Brown's intentional full elbow to the face behind play got the same am I right???

If so, that is criminal.

yep so a good tackle is the same as an elbow behind the play...what a joke

but you know what im happy for half our blokes to cop suspensions if it means they tackle with that much aggression for the rest of the year

yep so a good tackle is the same as an elbow behind the play...what a joke

but you know what im happy for half our blokes to cop suspensions if it means they tackle with that much aggression for the rest of the year

and even worse than a backheel to the nether regions!

What a ****ing joke!!!!!

There wasn't even a free kick payed.

Two serial offenders with tribunal history: Daniel Jackson, he can go around wacking people with elbows in the face and cop a week. Jared Waite, he can kick people in the nuts and get nothing.

If you lay a tackle, have three weeks son, but you can reduce to two because you dont have a history. :thumbsu::thumbsu::eek::eek:

**** this, we better take these ***** on, soft ****ing *****, what a ****ing putrid soft **** system we have.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I cannot for the life of me understand why this has even been looked at. I saw the tackle on TV and didn't think anything of it. If anything i was livid we didn't get a free kick for holding the ball!

And to think that Junior is on the MRP. WTF is he/they thinking!

When we contest it and IF he gets 3 weeks i will mail a **** to AFL headquarters because that decision is utter bullsh*t!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm fairly mad.

Jack Trengove can cop 2 weeks for a legitimate tackle, while Barry "post career in jail" Hall, got nothing for getting a bloke in a headlock, simple cos he's barry hall.

I reckon you should all check out the Laws of Football videos the AFL sends to the clubs each year.

http://www.afl.com.au/coaching%20video/tabid/11733/default.aspx

Check out the one for Rough Conduct, the first section Prohibited Tackles to see why this was reported. Pretty clear cut.

Well played, btw, absolute football lesson.

I have just watched the video and it has confirmed that it is far from clear cut.

Motlop's tackle was obviously a free kick and suspendable but that was a different type of tackle.

Hunt's, which was more similar to Trengoves, was worthy of a free kick and suspension but was different to Trengove's in two key aspects. Firstly, Waite was slung from a much greater height. Waite had already disposed of the ball and was subsequently tackled. Dangerfield still had possession of the ball and was attempting to kick it as Trengove tackled him. He should be fair game and given the tackle was not at all high, there should be no issue.

But then again the MRP panel is full of idiots so who knows what we will get. There is no way that is worth 325 points, especially given the umpire standing right there didn't think it even warranted a free kick.

Just read that it was Dangerfields SIXTH concussion in his AFL career! What an absolute joke! The guy might be a good player, but obviously has a knack of getting concussed VERY easily (6 times in 2 n a bit seasons isn't good..).

When does it get to the point where you say "son, you may have the problem - not all those tackling and bumping you in a legal fashion"...?

Soon you won't be able to touch an opposition without fear of them collapsing, being subbed off, and getting weeks on the sidelines!

AFNETBALL 2013 here we come!

FFS!

Disgraceful decision, and those '***** on the panel better soon see the error in the decision!

If you watch the video again, it's clear the perfect tackle that Trengove lays doesn't allow Dangerfield to kick the ball, so his only option is to now handball it.

Trengove then grabs his hand to stop it from occuring (hence the 'perfect tackle' as coached for generations in the past and still is currently)

Then he puts all his force into tackling him AROUND THE WAIST to the ground. Where exactly has he earnt the three weeks??

PIC 1: Tackling a guy who is in possession of the ball, pinning ONE arm to stop him being able to handball (perfect way to tackle, taught by ALL coaches at ALL levels.)

70076846.jpg

PIC 2: Dangerfield drops the ball, Trengove moves low to tackle his hips. One arm clearly around the waist, the other still not allowing the handball (this is 1/10th of a second after the last shot)

85875900.jpg

PIC 3: Hand released, or at very least relaxed, other arm clearly around waste, Dangerfields knee clearly buckles/bends - he is now off balance - not the tacklers fault in any way if a player loses his balance

53457287.jpg

PIC 4: Trengove complete's a perfect tackle, arm around waste, rolls him on his side, so they land side-on to avoid a likely in the back when tackling from that position. Dangerfields other hand is STILL clearly free (for the enitre tackle) and attempts to brace for impact. AGAIN, he has a chance to brace and protect himself. At no stage did he lose this ability.

Also notice his head NOT ON THE GROUND. He did not get 'driven' into the ground, but rather tackled horizontally and suffered whiplash - something that happens 20-30 times in a game.

25326021.jpg

The AFL should be handing out posters of this sequence to teach juniors how to lay the perfect tackle to give your opponent ZERO chance of disposing of the ball correctly - THE AIM OF A TACKLE. This isn't touch football or Auskick where everyone get's a go - it's Elite professional football. THe aim is to not allow your opponent to dispose of the ball, fairly. And This is a perfect example of how to do it!

Surely we challenge this and just show those 4 pictures.

Yes it was a slinging action.

But
1. Dangerfield had at least one arm free for most of the tackle and at the end of the tackle both arms free. He could have protected himself.
2. Trengove did not pick him up high and/or tilt him over perpendicular and drive his head into the ground
3. I'd have to watch it again but I doubt his head even hit the ground first. More likely he got a whip lash effect. That's going to happen in a heap of tackles.

Also:
How was this classified as high contact? Surely that means making contact with the head and neck, not a tackle that slings a guy.
How was this classified as high impact? Sure Dangerfield got knocked out (not his first occasion) but he was up and walking. He'll most likely play next week and without the new concussion rule might well have even made it back on the field.

on a seperate note, someone email those four pictures to the club!!

i don't care if they already have viewed it and have come to the same conclusion! just do it!

they brilliantly capture the tackle and show the one, not only were both his hands free ... but also he had actually PLACED one of his hands on the ground in an attempt to reduce the impact!!

while i don't like to see a player get hurt and certainly not a game changer like dangerfield, i would hate to see our boy rubbed out for no good reason

Agree with all of the posters on here - an absolutely ridiculous decision by the MRP.

Judd can elbow Pavlich in the head and get NOTHING (except a Brownlow...), yet a kid lays a perfectly good tackle (a perfect tackle as a matter of fact) and get two or three weeks.

You can't tell me the AFL doesn't have it's favourites.

Absolutley mystifying. The guy got concussed, that's a shame - but footy is a hard game, and sometimes you get slung into the ground and hit your head.

Decisions like these are ruining the game of footy and should not be tolerated.

Trengove did exactly what he should have done in thaty situation, and now he'll think twice before doin it again becaus ehe doesn't want to get weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trengove - 2 Week Suspension

Remove this Banner Ad

Back