Premiership Player
May 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts, Liverpool, Bulls
Now I have got you in here :D

Tribunal has just upheld their position and found him guilty of rough conduct and served him with a 3 match ban.

What does the bay think of this?

Personally I think the incident didn't even warrent a second look..... and I'm a crows fan.

Oh how Vlad and his crew are tarnishing our game :(

^^^^^^ I can't argue with either of these. Totally agree. Can't believe he got 3 weeks for it.

Disgraceful

It's a ****ing joke. So is Montagna being reported.

it's like they seriously expect a contact sport to happen without incidental concussions and injuries. Or wait, is it still a contact sport?

The great game is fast becoming a shadow of its former self.

Dangerfield didn't even get awarded a free kick for it, yet Trengove gets 3 weeks. FFS sakes this game is getting soft and going the way of soccer.

Vlad is a cancer of AFL. He is killing it slowly.

It's a ****ing joke. So is Montagna being reported.

it's like they seriously expect a contact sport to happen without incidental concussions and injuries. Or wait, is it still a contact sport?

Spot on.
Both incidents wouldn't have even raised an eyebrow ten years ago.
The funniest thing was MRP assessing Trengove's tackle as "high contact" :eek:

Spot on.

What did Campbell Brown get for the hit on Ward? 4 weeks?

So yep Trengove getting 3 seems about right:confused:

Whats worse is brown got 2 weeks!! (he got 2 weeks for high contact on Hall as well... with a bad record and points already)

2 weeks to a proven spiner for a elbow back into the face 40 metres off the ball
3 weeks to a 1st offender.. for a tackle :confused::confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love hard Footy, and miss the biffo... but I disagree with most posts here.

I watched Rocca rip Murphy's leg apart in a similar tackle. It's reckless, and leaves a player near defenseless

What a stupid decision. Unfortunately we might see the day when a player smothering a kick gets the ball in the face and the kicker will get suspended for head high contact :D

What a stupid decision. Unfortunately we might see the day when a player smothering a kick gets the ball in the face and the kicker will get suspended for head high contact :D

FFS, it's been illegal to tackle like that for 3 years. Professional footballers and coaches are paid lots of money to know the rules, it's not like it's new. If the MFC tackling coach is instructing players to tackle like that (according to the transcript) then he deserves everything he got.

To say "blah blah blah, smothering a ball, kick in the face, etc" is stupid, because smothering in any way is not illegal. Sling tackles are! If you pin an arm, sling tackle and the player gets injured, get ready for a holiday. It's not rocket surgery.

Now, I love hard, fair footy as much as the next guy, and yes 10 years ago this would have been textbook, but to pretend it was a legal tackle in 2011 is ridiculous. If you are disputing the report or the guilty finding, you obviously haven't read the rules in the past few years.

Do some ****ing research and stop your whining.

I love hard Footy, and miss the biffo... but I disagree with most posts here.

I watched Rocca rip Murphy's leg apart in a similar tackle. It's reckless, and leaves a player near defenseless

You have clearly never played football before, if you think Trengroves tackle is out of the ordinary.

It's a stupid rule. Every player currently playing in the AFL was taught to tackle by pinning the players arms so that the player can't dispose the ball. It's next to impossible to change instict. The only reason this was even looked at was coz dangerfields head hit the turf. *** the mrp. Also the quarter time 'scrap' between Carlton and Saints last night resulted in something like $16,500 worth of fines handed down. It's just bullshit.

FFS, it's been illegal to tackle like that for 3 years. Professional footballers and coaches are paid lots of money to know the rules, it's not like it's new. If the MFC tackling coach is instructing players to tackle like that (according to the transcript) then he deserves everything he got.

To say "blah blah blah, smothering a ball, kick in the face, etc" is stupid, because smothering in any way is not illegal. Sling tackles are! If you pin an arm, sling tackle and the player gets injured, get ready for a holiday. It's not rocket surgery.

Now, I love hard, fair footy as much as the next guy, and yes 10 years ago this would have been textbook, but to pretend it was a legal tackle in 2011 is ridiculous. If you are disputing the report or the guilty finding, you obviously haven't read the rules in the past few years.

Do some ****ing research and stop your whining.

God people like you make me want to pick up a gun....

"But that's the rule", "It's been a rule for x amount of years", "Everybody should know the rule", blah blah blah

IT'S THE FACT THAT THE RULE EXISTS IN THE FIRST PLACE THAT PEOPLE ARE ANGRY ABOUT!! WHY DOES THIS NEED EXPLAINING FFS?!

Put on a skirt sweetheart. :thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

Trengove & his dog act!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back