Trent Cotchin is the best player in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How hard is it for Richmond supporters to understand? I think Cotchin is very, very good. He is definitely not the best player in the league. In my opinion finals count the most (after all, they play to win flags) and so any "best" tags should be reserved until after he turns it on in an important game.

How hard is it for you to get it into your head Richmond supporters are not saying that.

I bet Jake has been enjoying this thread.

Hi Jake:thumbsu:

Most North supporters likely think of his breathtaking turnover in the defensive 50 handing Matt Campbell a goal and effectively ending your season.

I'm sure he'll iron those issues out over time.
Yeah, that was a shocker. My main criticism of Cotchin over the last two years has been that he occasionally pulls out a horror kick when under no pressure. It was very noticeable last year, when he'd kick miracle goals from heavy traffic, but miss easy set shots in front of goal.

He's definitely improved on that count this year, but it's not completely gone yet.

I bet Jake has been enjoying this thread.

Hi Jake:thumbsu:
Best sports writer in town, for mine.

This is just a massive Richmond supporter circle jerk...
Belongs in the Richmond Board...:thumbsdown:

So about the same as Dangerfield being in the best player in 5 years as well. I am sure you are all over it ;)

Yeah, that was a shocker. My main criticism of Cotchin over the last two years has been that he occasionally pulls out a horror kick when under no pressure. It was very noticeable last year, when he'd kick miracle goals from heavy traffic, but miss easy set shots in front of goal.

He's definitely improved on that count this year, but it's not completely gone yet.

It was just a bit of a windup, I rate Cotchin extremely highly and would certainly like having him at North.

Immpossible to tell if the thread is true or not isnt it...
I'd dare so it will be though...:thumbsu:

I am sure you adelaide fans can only dream of Dangerfield day and night haha. Very confident every club have them sorts of players. Time you get your hand off it :thumbsu:

I am sure you adelaide fans can only dream of Dangerfield day and night haha. Very confident every club have them sorts of players. Time you get your hand off it :thumbsu:
I havent talked up Dangerfield at all. Yet you Richmond fans have started a 'best player in the comp' thread on Cotchin.
Get your hand off it...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah he's good, no doubt about it, but is he the best?
If you were standing in the school play ground, you're one of two captains about to pick players for your team. The kids in the line are ablett, beams, harvey, morris (cos I said so, so get over it lol), cotchin and all the rest. Nobody is wearing a team colour, who do you pick?

Well you would have to pick experience of everyday play, finals experience and genetics well that leaves pretty much 1 Ablett.

If you could pick from the two, how could you not pick Ablett, he may rack up possessions, does good which each possie about 80% of the time. Harvey can turn a game in the flash of an eye.

Shoulda had this thread next year or maybe the year after or even when we win the flag in 3 years and he's best a field.

You still have not answered the question, apart from a misguided OP title, where are the Tiger supporters who have said he is the best in the competition.
A few people seem bent out of shape about the thread title, but OP clearly didn't mean that Cotchin is a proven champion like Ablett or Judd or even Swan or Pendlebury.

He said, "On form Trent Cotchin is the best player in the AFL this year," which just means he agrees with rankings like the Coaches Association votes that have Cotch ahead at the moment.

A few people seem bent out of shape about the thread title, but OP clearly didn't mean that Cotchin is a proven champion like Ablett or Judd or even Swan or Pendlebury.

He said, "On form Trent Cotchin is the best player in the AFL this year," which just means he agrees with rankings like the Coaches Association votes that have Cotch ahead at the moment.

Exactly. It was only the thread title that provoked, but the rest went like...

On form Trent Cotchin is the best player in the AFL this year. He should win or place for the brownlow. He has consistently all year been in the best players and is extremely damaging with the ball. Will probably win the Coaches Votes Award this year too.

So why have all the trolls come out to play?

If the OP went "On form, is Trent Cotchin in the best 5 on ballers at the moment, "
Hard to argue with that.

Former AFL great Wayne Carey has surprisingly anointed Richmond's brilliant youngster Trent Cotchin as the best onballer in the AFL.

''Carey said. ''After seeing him in the flesh at the weekend, and he's one of these guys you need to see live to appreciate how good he is, I think he might be there.

''He's his own player but he's got Ablett attributes and he's got Judd attributes and that's a big wrap.

Is he as good a player as them overall? Well not yet, because he's got to do it for a number of years.

But right now, in the form he's in, he's the best onballer going around.''

I would put Beams, Dangerfield, GAJ, Pendles, Mitchell, Lewis, Hayes, Jack, S.Thompson, M.Murphy, Buddy, Watson, Bartel, J.Selwood... ahead of him. But other than them, yes he is the best player in the competition.

I would put Beams, Dangerfield, GAJ, Pendles, Mitchell, Lewis, Hayes, Jack, S.Thompson, M.Murphy, Buddy, Watson, Bartel, J.Selwood... ahead of him. But other than them, yes he is the best player in the competition.

Just on this year, I'd have Cotchin ahead of Mitchell, Lewis, Jack by a small margin.

I'd have him well ahead of Bartel.

Its hard to judge Selwood, because his effect on the game goes beyond statistics.
Similar to Cotchin though in that he lifts his side, he will physically will his side over the line.

The hype on Cotchin atm is just massive, it gets like this from time to time on certain players,
especially the classy types like Cyril and Cotchin.

But, Cotchin hasn't had a better year than Ablett, hasn't had a better year than Watson or Thompson.
He might well be on his way to being a better player than the latter two, but hasn't had a better year than them, especially Watson, who will absolutely romp the brownlow in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back