Trent Cotchin is the best player in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody hell, 1 bad game and that defines a season?
That game, Hawks played crap and the Tigers played great.
Don't you remember Buddy played crap, so does that mean Buddy is a crap player?
No offence young lad but everyone in Australia other then some delusional Hawks supporters would take Cotchin before 2 or 3 Lewis's....

Just on this year, I'd have Cotchin ahead of Mitchell, Lewis, Jack by a small margin.

I'd have him well ahead of Bartel.

Its hard to judge Selwood, because his effect on the game goes beyond statistics.
Similar to Cotchin though in that he lifts his side, he will physically will his side over the line.

The hype on Cotchin atm is just massive, it gets like this from time to time on certain players,
especially the classy types like Cyril and Cotchin.

But, Cotchin hasn't had a better year than Ablett, hasn't had a better year than Watson or Thompson.
He might well be on his way to being a better player than the latter two, but hasn't had a better year than them, especially Watson, who will absolutely romp the brownlow in.
Yeah, I probably should of considered more this year that the past few years, so Cotchin is probably ahead of Bartel and Mitchell. Not so sure on Lewis and Jack, though maybe this is because i'm a Hawks supporter and seen Lewis take his new leadership role in his stride.

In regards to GAJ, is anyone better than him? And also Watson and Thompson again are having great seasons.

With Cyril and Cotchin and their hype, I know how annoying it is when other supporters say, either Cotchin or Cyril is overrated (I don't think Cotchin is overrated, just not the best yet) just because it is hard to live up to their massive hype.

So overall, Cotchin is probably in the best 5-8, and within 2 years will be the best in the AFL.

No offence young lad but everyone in Australia other then some delusional Hawks supporters would take Cotchin before 2 or 3 Lewis's....
Yes, Cotchin is defiantly catching up on Lewis but I would take Lewis everyday of the week due to Lewis' cool head, toughness at the footy, can play in all positions and silky skills.
But yes, within a couple of years, Cotchin will be the best midfielder in the AFL.

Yes, Cotchin is defiantly catching up on Lewis but I would take Lewis everyday of the week due to Lewis' cool head, toughness at the footy, can play in all positions and silky skills.
But yes, within a couple of years, Cotchin will be the best midfielder in the AFL.
He might! Its no definate though. Plenty of young talent around but he'll be right up there!

You are so biased it isn't funny, Jordan Lewis isn't close to Trent Cotchin, Cotchin isn't catching up he is well ahead and the gap is only increasing.
Good player is Lewis, but he has no place in a discussion about the best midfielders in the competition.

You are so biased it isn't funny, Jordan Lewis isn't close to Trent Cotchin, Cotchin isn't catching up he is well ahead and the gap is only increasing.
Good player is Lewis, but he has no place in a discussion about the best midfielders in the competition.
Again, I would always take Lewis just because he gets the ball in the middle of the packs, to players like Mitchell and Cyril who hit the targets in the forward line 90% of the time.

And Cothin doesn't get the ball in the middle of the packs does he?
I date say he does a lot more then Jordan Lewis does.
World doesn't revolve around Hawthorn...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Cothin doesn't get the ball in the middle of the packs does he?
I date say he does a lot more then Jordan Lewis does.
World doesn't revolve around Hawthorn...
Mate, I know that.
Just, in my opinion I rather Lewis over Cotchin.
Bias or not, it is what I think.

People really need to improve their comprehension skills.
I would put Beams, Dangerfield, GAJ, Pendles, Mitchell, Lewis, Hayes, Jack, S.Thompson, M.Murphy, Buddy, Watson, Bartel, J.Selwood... ahead of him. But other than them, yes he is the best player in the competition.
Laughable. GAJ, Watson and Thompson have had slightly better years, and are a deserving top 3 (in that order). I'd have Cotchin just after them but on current form, he certainly is amongst good company.
The only players apart from those 3 who are on par with Cotch is Beams and Dangerfield.
Mitchell/Lewis/Hayes/M. Murphy/Bartel haven't been as good. Selwood/Jack too although they're better than those mentioned.
I don't get how so many people can miss the words "current form" or "this year" or "2012".

I would put Beams, Dangerfield, GAJ, Pendles, Mitchell, Lewis, Hayes, Jack, S.Thompson, M.Murphy, Buddy, Watson, Bartel, J.Selwood... ahead of him. But other than them, yes he is the best player in the competition.

Lol Lewis

The only mid-fielders I would be content with swapping Cotchin for (if I had to) would be Ablett, Pendlebury and maybe Watson. He's not the best (yet) but give him time and he will be. He's a match-up nightmare when we throw him forward also because of his ability 1 on 1.

The only mid-fielders I would be content with swapping Cotchin for (if I had to) would be Ablett, Pendlebury and maybe Watson. He's not the best (yet) but give him time and he will be. He's a match-up nightmare when we throw him forward also because of his ability 1 on 1.

I wouldn't do Ablett or Watson based purely on age. The ones I'd consider would be Murphy, Danger and Pendles.

For those wondering why this is being discussed now, (despite it being against the Dogs) Cotch had the best game I've seen this year from any player last weekend (naturally there probably are plenty of better that I haven't seen). Over the last month he's gone to another level. Reminds me of watching WC games just to see Judd. That good.

Can't see why people don't think Murphy rates with Cotchin he would have been well and truly up there with Watson for the Brownlow early in the year before Danger smashed his shoulder.

Cotchin is just a class above everyone whenever I see him play. Best young player at the moment in my opinion. Watch most Richmond games just to see him play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back