Moved Thread Trent Cotchin, Overrated?

Remove this Banner Ad

First id like to say this isnt the opinion of every collingwood supporter. However for you hurt richmond fans before you retaliate with the"PENDLES IS OVER RATED DERP DERP". id like to remind you that he isnt and he is better than cotchin. Thread may start again now.

And if anyone says that he polled more votes. Ill just respond with wowoedin is better than them both then

First id like to say this isnt the opinion of every collingwood supporter. However for you hurt richmond fans before you retaliate with the"PENDLES IS OVER RATED DERP DERP". id like to remind you that he isnt and he is better than cotchin. Thread may start again now.
Where are the Richmond supporters that said he is better than Pendals? If their were one or two it would only be in jest, we love Cotch, but we are also realists.

What about Trent Cotchin, indifferent form?

Or Trent Cotchin, slow start?

Or Trent Cotchin, kicking yips?

Year after year, why does BigFooty struggle so much with the concept of form? If a player has a poor month whack, they are straight away overrated or just plain shit.

Like I said in a recent (closed down) thread... if I'm to believe everything I read on BF there are no elite players in the game, and all of the best players are over-rated. For every poster who thinks that Gaz Jr is the best there is a corresponding poster who will state that he is a cheap stat-builder who spends all of his time giving and receiving dinky handballs. I don't subscribe to this thinking, btw...

Definition of "Elite" for me - I would pay money out of my own pocket to watch this guy play the game. Players fitting this description include (and in no particular order) Ablett, Cotchin, Deledio, Pendlebury, Swan, Watson, Kennedy, Judd, Franklin, Rioli, Selwood, Kerr, etc.

I don't care for trying to make distinctions about who is the better footballer. When they're on they're all great to watch.

Started the year strongly, was quite for a couple of weeks, but after nursing a bit of injury/sickness looks like he's getting back to better form.
He's yet to hit his 2012 form, but I would back him to come home strongly in the remaining games. We're only about 1/3 of the way through the season, plenty of time.

Absolute gun with his decision making and contested work. Works really well in stoppages and clearances too.

Only question mark is his disposal, but I hope he improves that. Love watching him play.

Overrated players don't come 2nd in the Brownlow voting. Who cares if he hasn't kicked goals this year, how many has he set up? Fail thread IMO.

Averaged 31 possessions in the first 4 games before hyper extending his leg against Freo, and that coincided with the Flu (not a cold, but full on Flu) and he did manage coaches votes last game.

Remember last year he didnt poll a Brownlow vote until round 7 and went on to be runner up, as well as winning AFLCA (Polled in 20 games, next best Beams in 15) won the AGE, 3rd in the HUN and AFLPA, and also won the B&F. Yes very overrated.

Not saying he is overrated, but pointing out his voting successes would be more inclined to prove that hes overrated than otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not saying he is overrated, but pointing out his voting successes would be more inclined to prove that hes overrated than otherwise.

Well, not really. The judges judged his 2012 form to be that good, not his 2013 form. The judges didn't say that he would be the best player for the next ten years, only that his 2012 form merited such respect. If they said his 2013 form was the best in the league, maybe you'd have a point, but I don't think Cotchin was overrated to receive the age's player of the year award.

Lots of defensive Tiger fans here, no need to get your knickers in a twist guys, no goals after 8 games means we're allowed to ask the question.

Lots of defensive Tiger fans here, no need to get your knickers in a twist guys, no goals after 8 games means we're allowed to ask the question.
You can ask whatever question you like, even if it is one that has already been asked a number of times recently. I'm not convinced that "no goals" is the measure of any midfielder's output or worth, but each to their own.

Robert Harvey wasn't a prolific goal scorer, he still dominated the game though. A tad silly to pick one stat and use it against a players performance.

On form he's no where near as good as last year, only time will tell if he can find form again.

His first 3 rounds were better than anything a bulldogs player will produce this year, and it looked like he was coasting, only to ramp it up if he felt the need to do so.
Big time player, is probably just pacing himself for a long season. Still been very good though imo.

So you're asking a question but you don't want answers? Why have you started this thread? You wanted feedback and you're getting it from the people who watch him every weekend. If you don't like what you hear then don't ask the question.

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread Trent Cotchin, Overrated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back