Tribunal finds Kerr guilty

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/78109/default.aspx

WEST Coast midfielder Daniel Kerr will miss this week’s match against Geelong after the AFL tribunal found him guilty of striking Carlton’s Marc Murphy.

The Eagles argued that Kerr action did not constitute a strike and that he was only attempting to replicate what he had seen Carlton’s Bret Thornton do to Matt Rosa seconds earlier.

The jury found Kerr guilty, meaning he will miss one match and have 97.88 demerit points remaining against his name.
disappointing result

also the 97.88 points worries me, if he does anything else wrong (and he probably will), its 2 weeks minimum

And Robinson gets off in 2 mins. Please. Borderline racism once again from the AFL tribunal IMO

How did they determine that Thorntons hit on Rosa was less impact than Kerrs? Is it cause Murphy acted like a girl and stayed down longer?

Bloody sucks.

To be honest, losing Kerr this week against Geelong, is not going to make a massive difference to the outcome of the game.

No Kerr and No Priddis. First time this season against the fastest scoring side, with the best midfield in the competition. This is going to be seriously nasty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why on earth does nobody ask the question, why does Kerr continually act like a ****wit and land himself at the tribunal? :confused:

I don't know what is more embarrassing for the game. Murphy staying down for 5 minutes or Kerr being suspended.

I guess this is what this :eek: is for.

why on earth does nobody ask the question, why does Kerr continually act like a ****wit and land himself at the tribunal? :confused:

You cannot say there is no bias at the MRP when Thornton has no case to answer and Kerr gets a week.

I see Kerr get hits like that behind play every week at Subi. He rarely even gets a free kick for it, let alone the infringer getting a suspension.:thumbsdown:

Perhaps he shouldnt have touched Murphy and focussed on the task at hand? Too much to ask for Daniel I guess.

He will never learn.

Yes he was retaliating, but shit, ever heard of mental disintegration? With his record he should've known better. Probably thought I got away with a stupid act v Colllingwood, I'll try my luck this week.

Idiot.

Biggie, I would have absolutely no problem with Kerr getting a week if Thorton also got a week.

The fact that they were carbon copy incidents, within seconds of each other in the same game, means they should warrant the same punishment IMO.

Apart from the fact everyone would be saying how weak WCE were for not flying the flag if no-one retaliated (or are other players allowed to, just not Kerr?). When they retaliate they are idiots who should know better. When they dont they are weak with no team spirit. Its a no win situation for them really isn't it?

Does Thornton have Kerrs' tribunal history?

Thats my point.

He should know better, but clearly he doesnt, thats whats makes it an idiotic move.

To blame the MRP is a copout and the real blame lies with Daniel.

Thats my 0.02c

It doesn't matter if he has history or not, he wasn't even cited so it didn't come into it!

If Thornton was cited and got off because of his good record, and Kerr got the week because of his bad record, that is completely different. However Thornton was not cited so good or bad records didnt even come into play!

One incident was reportable, one wasn't. Yet to everyone (bar Carlton supporters) who viewed the incidents, they were identical. This includes the commentators like Buckley on the night, who commented along the lines of "If Kerr goes, Thornton has to go".

Remove this Banner Ad

Tribunal finds Kerr guilty

Remove this Banner Ad

Back