Tribunal finds Kerr guilty

Remove this Banner Ad

:eek: Incredible isn't it. Maxwell can break McGinnity's jaw with head-high contact and get off, while Kerr gets suspended because Murphy's a good actor. This kind of lack of consistency just makes me not want to follow AFL. When do the Ashes start?

The VFL is alive and well.Those one eyed Victorians should get over themselves and employ a cross section of the football community from across Australia for Umpiring, MRP and for the Tribunal.

:eek: Incredible isn't it. Maxwell can break McGinnity's jaw with head-high contact and get off, while Kerr gets suspended because Murphy's a good actor. This kind of lack of consistency just makes me not want to follow AFL. When do the Ashes start?

This is an excellent point, if you had a room full of people who knew nothing of the AFL, showed them both incidents and the consequent injurys to the players( broken jaw, winded played on after 1 minute) they would call you crazy, and how could you explain these decisions?

No one can really, Daniel was unlucky he winded Murphy, otherwise he would have got straight up ala Rosa, and no case to answer, unfortunatly not the case and he gets a week cause ...well its Kerr(and a ordinary record). Still looking at those two incidents...well the system is broke but its been like that for a while:(

I would hazard a guess and say that the umpires reported Kerr because it was a retalitory act against a player not involved with the Thornton/Rosa incident and because he managed to wind Murphy, he distracted the umpires.

Failing that, it could be because he has a crap record and it was an unprovoked attack on an unsuspecting player.

If you lot cant handle that and think that players slamming into someone who has a broken collarbone (Riewoldt) is fair play, then you seriously need to stop following football and start watching wrestling...

Because I think that the football might be a bit too highbrow for you guys.

I would hazard a guess and say that the umpires reported Kerr because it was a retalitory act against a player not involved with the Thornton/Rosa incident and because he managed to wind Murphy, he distracted the umpires..

the umpires didnt report kerr, the mrp did

Far out, as much as i love AFL as a sport, these kind of decisions are just shit.

I would hazard a guess and say that the umpires reported Kerr because it was a retalitory act against a player not involved with the Thornton/Rosa incident and because he managed to wind Murphy, he distracted the umpires.
The umpires didn't report Kerr. The incident caught the match review panel's eye because of Murphy's over the top performance that held up play.

Failing that, it could be because he has a crap record and it was an unprovoked attack on an unsuspecting player.
You obviously have not seen any of the unprovoked pounding that Kerr gets week in week out, yet his opponents rarely get suspended.

If you lot cant handle that and think that players slamming into someone who has a broken collarbone (Riewoldt) is fair play, then you seriously need to stop following football and start watching wrestling...
You've got the Eagles mixed up with the Lions.

Because I think that the football might be a bit too highbrow for you guys.
Highbrow? Is that what Fevola calls it when he's out drunk and wearing a dildo?

Take a look at the main board I started a nice thread there about Mark Murphy.

Hopefully that gets rid of all these Carlton posters on our board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To all those whingeing about double standards, could you please provide me with a link to Robinson's incident?

Cheers.

Jason, as far as I know there was no footage, hasnt been shown on any sports news I've watched.

But to view the comparison between Kerr and Thornton, see below:

Footage:

http://bigpondvideo.com/AFL/155181/2/?Quarters=1&

Kerr hit at 12 second mark, both incidents replayed at 1:41. You be the judge?? The above article says Kerr knows how to bump, and that his elbow wasn’t tucked in. I must be blind, because I swear Thornton had his elbow out as well. Dont get me wrong, I dont believe either case warranted a report - both were identical bumps and were not elbows, fists or otherwise strikes.

Marc Murphy seemed embarrassed on Before the Game regarding the incident as he was winded and couldn't get back up. Given Murphy wrote off other incidents he was involved in I think he was being sincere, I don't think he was taking a dive or anything of that nature.

Are we surprised Kerr got suspended, i'm not, we've copped a raw deal from the tribunal since we've come into the AFL. The easiest way to avoid this is give them nothing to suspend us for.

I read people talking about what Kerr cops every week, i'm sorry but every superstar cops the same each week. Watch Judd, Ablett and co and see if what Kerr cops is anything different to what they recieve, how often do we see them reacting the same way Daniel does, hardly ever do they react like he does and hence they never get rubbed out. Daniel needs to find a way to deal with the attention or his tribunal record will keep growing.

Are we surprised Kerr got suspended, i'm not, we've copped a raw deal from the tribunal since we've come into the AFL. The easiest way to avoid this is give them nothing to suspend us for.

I read people talking about what Kerr cops every week, i'm sorry but every superstar cops the same each week. Watch Judd, Ablett and co and see if what Kerr cops is anything different to what they recieve, how often do we see them reacting the same way Daniel does, hardly ever do they react like he does and hence they never get rubbed out. Daniel needs to find a way to deal with the attention or his tribunal record will keep growing.

Who are you? Ghandi?

If an opposition has the right to use a physical tactic deemed legal to get an advantage over us then surely we should be allowed the same right to retaliate with such an action.

I don't expect my side to lie down and cop it up the clacker.

I'm wrapped Kerr gave it back. The little dynamo has ticker.

Just a clear case of double-standards in this situation.

Who are you? Ghandi?

If an opposition has the right to use a physical tactic deemed legal to get an advantage over us then surely we should be allowed the same right to retaliate with such an action.

I don't expect my side to lie down and cop it up the clacker.

I'm wrapped Kerr gave it back. The little dynamo has ticker.

Just a clear case of double-standards in this situation.

Where did i say it wasn't double standards?

So your alternative to dealing with the attention the supestars get ( which has been going on for years, it's not new), is to retaliate and constantly get suspended, or suck it up and keep going like the other greats do. I know what i'd prefer, and that's Kerr playing each week, sadly that won't happen, due to his inability to cope with the extra attention that comes with being a great midfielder.

Where did i say it wasn't double standards?

So your alternative to dealing with the attention the supestars get ( which has been going on for years, it's not new), is to retaliate and constantly get suspended, or suck it up and keep going like the other greats do. I know what i'd prefer, and that's Kerr playing each week, sadly that won't happen, due to his inability to cope with the extra attention that comes with being a great midfielder.

Mate, if you want a team of Robert Flowers (those who take the hits but never give them back) then we are in big trouble. Players like that may be great ball-players but they don't win you premierships.

Take a look at the premiership teams over the years, they all had a bit of mongrel in them.

I'm happy to take the pain of Kerr missing a week if it sets an example to the youngsters of the mongrel required to hold up a cup.

I'm not about having the best and fairest players, I'm about having the champion team.

Mate, if you want a team of Robert Flowers (those who take the hits but never give them back) then we are in big trouble. Players like that may be great ball-players but they don't win you premierships.

Take a look at the premiership teams over the years, they all had a bit of mongrel in them.

I'm happy to take the pain of Kerr missing a week if it sets an example to the youngsters of the mongrel required to hold up a cup.

I'm not about having the best and fairest players, I'm about having the champion team.

How does this have anything to do with what Kerr did?

It's not like he went up to remonstrate with Robinson for hitting Rosa; he singled out a random opposition player and wacked him in the guts.

I honestly don't think he should be suspended for that, but he's stupid for doing it and in no way is he 'showing the way' for the younger players.

Hell, I remember in the Bulldogs game against us this year when Kerr was knocked down off the ball- he DIDN'T retaliate and one of our runners came out and gave him a pat on the bum. We don't want him to lose control, and that's exactly what he does.

How does this have anything to do with what Kerr did?

It's not like he went up to remonstrate with Robinson for hitting Rosa; he singled out a random opposition player and wacked him in the guts.

I honestly don't think he should be suspended for that, but he's stupid for doing it and in no way is he 'showing the way' for the younger players.

Hell, I remember in the Bulldogs game against us this year when Kerr was knocked down off the ball- he DIDN'T retaliate and one of our runners came out and gave him a pat on the bum. We don't want him to lose control, and that's exactly what he does.

You obviously haven't seen the footage but choose to comment if you're saying Robinson instead of Thornton. Try looking at what happened first.

Then answer: if the powers above got it wrong, why is it a stupid thing to do?

I'm happy for Daniel to continue to walk the fine line until others step up to join him.

At present the sides running around like a band of ballerinas not a band of warriors.

You obviously haven't seen the footage but choose to comment if you're saying Robinson instead of Thornton. Try looking at what happened first.

Doesn't make a difference if I saw whoever it was whack Rosa, I wasn't commenting on that.

Then answer: if the powers above got it wrong, why is it a stupid thing to do?

Because the MRP are always stupid in their decisions, so it's expected that he'll get suspended if he keeps doing stupid stuff like this.

I'm happy for Daniel to continue to walk the fine line until others step up to join him.

At present the sides running around like a band of ballerinas not a band of warriors.

I'd prefer it to be like the Bulldogs/Port games, where Kerr stayed out of it and everyone else came in and just gave whoever is the problem a bump. Seemed to work then.

Its amazing this discussion... it was such a slight wack it just happened to get him in a sensitive spot so he got winded. Seriously every single game players nudge, push, jumper punch all the time, every game it happens at the start of the game its not a big deal. The only reason its made into a big deal and a suspension is because Murphy got hit in a sensitive area and stayed down and because its Kerr.

It was just a bit of push and shove before the game thats it, I doubt it was even a retaliation for Rosa. There was a mix of Muprhy being winded and Muprhy playing for a free kick from a fairly soft hit that goes on at the start of every game. If it had of been an inch lower and didnt get Murphy in a spot where it winded him we wouldnt even be talking about it and it wouldnt of gone to the tribunal.

And when Nathan Buckley says "If Kerr goes then Thornton goes" thats something you all should listen to because there isnt many more opinions I respect more highly than Bucks.

Typical of Kerr - unprovoked attack on an unsuspecting player. Has a track record of being reckless and undisciplined.

The club is doing it tough and needs it senior players to stand-up and provide disciplined leadership on the field. Kerr has continually let the club and supporters down and should have traded him.

Jacovich must be out of his mind to rate Kerr in the top 5 footballers in the AFL. Absolute rubbish when you look at others such as Ablett, Bartell, Corey, Selwood, Judd, Murphy, Gibbs, Cooney, Griffin etc etc to name a few midfielders who are better by country mile better. Lucky to be in the top 50 and with his reckless undisciplined football, he is a wasted space.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tribunal finds Kerr guilty

Remove this Banner Ad

Back