Tribunal finds Kerr guilty

Remove this Banner Ad

Typical of Kerr - unprovoked attack on an unsuspecting player. Has a track record of being reckless and undisciplined.

The club is doing it tough and needs it senior players to stand-up and provide disciplined leadership on the field. Kerr has continually let the club and supporters down and should have traded him.

Jacovich must be out of his mind to rate Kerr in the top 5 footballers in the AFL. Absolute rubbish when you look at others such as Ablett, Bartell, Corey, Selwood, Judd, Murphy, Gibbs, Cooney, Griffin etc etc to name a few midfielders who are better by country mile better. Lucky to be in the top 50 and with his reckless undisciplined football, he is a wasted space.

There are players that win premierships and there are players that don't.....

We can recognise both... you on the other hand have no idea unless you are about 70.....

Of the ones you listed, only Ablett, Judd and Bartell are even in the argument for mids as good as Kerr .... he has been very good over a prolonged period, a couple of those listed might get there but not at this stage....

If you inserted Kerr into the Cats, Bulldogs or Blues midfields (i.e. with a couple of other midfielders with ability), he would be the player he always was and would be comfortbaly better than Corey, Selwood, Murphy, Gibbs, Cooney & Griffin.

How are those 1954 videos by the way?

If you inserted Kerr into the Cats, Bulldogs or Blues midfields (i.e. with a couple of other midfielders with ability), he would be the player he always was and would be comfortbaly better than Corey, Selwood, Murphy, Gibbs, Cooney & Griffin.

How are those 1954 videos by the way?

you forget one vital thing...he can only be that good again so long as he learns to keep his ****ing hands to himself, he'd still be worthless if he's rubbed out playing for the Cats, Blues or Dogs...and the chances of him being rubbed out at either of those clubs is fairly high.

I mean this is the same Daniel Kerr that got rubbed out for headbutting last year and tried having another crack at it 10 days ago.

you forget one vital thing...he can only be that good again so long as he learns to keep his ****ing hands to himself, he'd still be worthless if he's rubbed out playing for the Cats, Blues or Dogs...and the chances of him being rubbed out at either of those clubs is fairly high.

I mean this is the same Daniel Kerr that got rubbed out for headbutting last year and tried having another crack at it 10 days ago.

....and?

Everyone with a brain agrees that Kerr shouldnt have been rubbed out for his effort on the weekend and if you want to get excited about the "headbutt" a couple of weeks back then you really need a good lie down... really...

Kerr has always played with an edge, from day one, it makes him fearless, brave and generally harder than his opponents. It would be great if he could reign himself in more than he does but I would happily accept his occasional indiscretions in exchange for a few more players who never back down like him....

You have an issue with Kerr and seem to prefer choirboys who cant play football, in that regard we come at this from opposite sides .... I will take actual players over choirboys any day.

Perhaps if some of your preferred choir boy types actually ever protected Kerr, blocked for him (and the one case of A Selwood was so rare that it got show n about 10 times in the coverage) and took out his taggers, he would be less pissed off? I mean how did Joseph get through the entire game last week without a single hard hit from an Eagles player?

I will give you a list of players with ordinary tribunal records, which would have been worse under the current system, please point out which ones you wouldnt want:

Williams, Hall, Brown, Brereton, Lewis, Rhys-Jones, Lockett.... I could go on....

Perhaps you prefer Callum Chambers? Dont think he was ever reported...

By the way, I note that you didnt challenge my ranking of Kerr but rather went down the path of "oh, but he'd get suspended". Again, I would take 3 more Kerrs' warts and all over the pleasant blokes currently running around with him on our team.

....and?

Everyone with a brain agrees that Kerr shouldnt have been rubbed out for his effort on the weekend and if you want to get excited about the "headbutt" a couple of weeks back then you really need a good lie down... really...

Kerr has always played with an edge, from day one, it makes him fearless, brave and generally harder than his opponents. It would be great if he could reign himself in more than he does but I would happily accept his occasional indiscretions in exchange for a few more players who never back down like him....

You have an issue with Kerr and seem to prefer choirboys who cant play football, in that regard we come at this from opposite sides .... I will take actual players over choirboys any day.

Perhaps if some of your preferred choir boy types actually ever protected Kerr, blocked for him (and the one case of A Selwood was so rare that it got show n about 10 times in the coverage) and took out his taggers, he would be less pissed off? I mean how did Joseph get through the entire game last week without a single hard hit from an Eagles player?

I will give you a list of players with ordinary tribunal records, which would have been worse under the current system, please point out which ones you wouldnt want:

Williams, Hall, Brown, Brereton, Lewis, Rhys-Jones, Lockett.... I could go on....

Perhaps you prefer Callum Chambers? Dont think he was ever reported...

By the way, I note that you didnt challenge my ranking of Kerr but rather went down the path of "oh, but he'd get suspended". Again, I would take 3 more Kerrs' warts and all over the pleasant blokes currently running around with him on our team.

you obviously miss my point, its not about the impact but the fact that he still reacts in the same fashion even after being rubbed out for 10 weeks for striking over his career. The game has changed and so have the rules, unfortunately Kerr has yet to adapt to the rule part and still lands himself a stint on the sidelines each year..comparing the players you mentioned from different eras is beyond ridiculous.

you have an issue with accepting the fact that Kerr will always cop scrutiny because he is likely to have a brain fade...so, why does he continually resort to the same stupidity which has seen him rubbed out so often before.

your ranking of Kerr is bullshit..its one persons opinion and is worthless. Kerr in a team of champions is still likely to act in the same manner.

you obviously miss my point, its not about the impact but the fact that he still reacts in the same fashion even after being rubbed out for 10 weeks for striking over his career.

you have an issue with accepting the fact that Kerr will always cop scrutiny because he is likely to have a brain fade...so, why does he continually resort to the same stupidity which has seen him rubbed out so often before.

your ranking of Kerr is bullshit..its one persons opinion and is worthless. Kerr in a team of champions is still likely to act in the same manner.

Huh?

Your struggling. I ACCEPT Kerr fine, I dont see the big problem here. He had one major brain fade last year and got, what 5 weeks? Apart from that he has averaged maybe a game or a 1.5 games a year out? Compare that against his "pro's" and it a "con" but hardly one worth getting as worked up as you are.

Why Kerr occasionally oversteps the line with his aggression is no doubt inextricably linked to why Kerr is harder than almost anyone, more agressive at the contest than almost anyone and tougher than almost anyone his size ... its part of his charachter and its a flaw but its flip side is what makes him, well, Kerr.

You seem to have trouble accepting that its sometimes difficult to turn on and off that aggression ... have you actually ever played sport? At a high level? With Kerrs aggression?

Thanks for failing to answer any of my questions, I presume that means you would happily take those players I named.

On my ranking of Kerr, feel free to offer a counterview, which os those players that the Bulldogs flog posted would you rate higher?

Or are you just going to continue with your anti-kerr, pro the good guys dribble that just sounds sanctimonious and silly. As usual.

Hmmmm i recall Kerr playing with a reasonable midfield in the 05/06 teams, polled a few brownlow votes too. Played 19 and 18 games respectively in 05/06 plus nearly all the finals games for 1 premiership from two finals appearances. Not to shabby.

Would any team refuse to take Daniel Kerr on board? Stupid question really. Take your dribble elsewhere mate.

Of the ones you listed, only Ablett, Judd and Bartell are even in the argument for mids as good as Kerr .... he has been very good over a prolonged period, a couple of those listed might get there but not at this stage....

Ablett, Judd, Bartell as good as Kerr. In your dreams - Kerr is not even in the ball park with these or likes of Corey, Selwood, Murphy, Gibbs, Cooney & Griffin etc etc and others that I have not mentioned. Some of these guys have Brownlow medals and are the elite of the competion with what they bring to their club and to the football field. Some of the young guys mentioned will win Brownlow's down the track.

You do not have to be a thug to be an elite footballer - there is a lot more to it. Apart from playing good consistent footy it is about leadership and setting an example for the young blokes in the club. You lead from the front.

Just look at the difference with Judd and Kerr. Juddy is respected by everyone in the game for his leadership, work ethic and football ability. Kerr is just considered an undisciplined idiot and hot head, who lets the game and eagles down time and again. Lot of eagles supporters I know feel the same about him.

Have you forgotten the low blow to Mitchell? That has to be one of the most cowardly acts in football of all time. It just goes on and on.

Pity Kerr is out, as Ablett would have given him a football lesson this weekend.

Ablett, Judd, Bartell as good as Kerr. In your dreams - Kerr is not even in the ball park with these or likes of Corey, Selwood, Murphy, Gibbs, Cooney & Griffin etc etc and others that I have not mentioned. Some of these guys have Brownlow medals and are the elite of the competion with what they bring to their club and to the football field. Some of the young guys mentioned will win Brownlow's down the track.

You do not have to be a thug to be an elite footballer - there is a lot more to it. Apart from playing good consistent footy it is about leadership and setting an example for the young blokes in the club. You lead from the front.

Just look at the difference with Judd and Kerr. Juddy is respected by everyone in the game for his leadership, work ethic and football ability. Kerr is just considered an undisciplined idiot and hot head, who lets the game and eagles down time and again. Lot of eagles supporters I know feel the same about him.

Have you forgotten the low blow to Mitchell? That has to be one of the most cowardly acts in football of all time. It just goes on and on.

Pity Kerr is out, as Ablett would have given him a football lesson this weekend.

Difference is Carlton, Dogs and Cats have a team around judd, cooney and ablett and all teams have to do worry about vs eagles is tagging Kerr.

Im certain coaches tell the players to put alot of contact on Kerr to get him to retaliate.. we've all seen Kerr go down behind the ball.

Daniel Kerr:

Brownlow Medal 2005: Second
Brownlow Medal 2006: Third
Brownlow Medal 2007: Second

Career Brownlow Votes - 93 (at 0.6 votes per game)

Comparisons from your list....

Ablett 56 (at 0.4)
Bartell 66 (0.5)
Judd 110 (0.7)
Cooney 52 (0.5)
Corey 72 (0.4)

I wont embarrass you by listing the other ones but they are worse. So over his career Kerr is better than all bar Judd for consistency in the FAIREST & BEST award AND he has finished second twice and third once....

He now suffers by being the only good mid in a bad side but that only diminishes his standing in the eyes of the ludicrously stupid - i.e. You!

The low blow on Mitchell? Seriously mate you need to move on - certainly Juddy is fair and never ever eye gouged anyone :rolleyes:

You sir are a complete and utter tool... now move along back to your own board and reminisce about 1954.

Also Judd was a "druggie" in the Eagles but when he moved over to east he's an angel, Cousins gets mad respect now.

I bet if Kerr went over he would be a legend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ablett, Judd, Bartell as good as Kerr!! ....

MODS: By the way, who is this guy "jarman" really?

Has posted 9 times in the last 19 months and his 2 posts on this thread today were his first posts of any kind since December last year.

That makes this jarman name likely an alternate name for one of the other tossers who troll around our board - given that he only posts about every 2 months, I am sure he wouldnt mind some sort of ban... :p

Kerr on 7 just said he wanted to belt the nearest Carlton player, not out of rage or anger or anything, but to protect the kids. Kerr plays for the team!

Kerr on 7 just said he wanted to belt the nearest Carlton player, not out of rage or anger or anything, but to protect the kids. Kerr plays for the team!

we need more of this.

I think some attitude is getting back into the team

Nobogy took a backward step against Sydney (except Cox who didnt contest with Goodes - I gave him te benifit of the doubt on the night but am getting worried)

We must put pressure n the oposition, I have no doubt Kerr is in there for the team

Daniel Kerr:

Brownlow Medal 2005: Second
Brownlow Medal 2006: Third
Brownlow Medal 2007: Second

Career Brownlow Votes - 93 (at 0.6 votes per game)

Comparisons from your list....

Ablett 56 (at 0.4)
Bartell 66 (0.5)
Judd 110 (0.7)
Cooney 52 (0.5)
Corey 72 (0.4)

I wont embarrass you by listing the other ones but they are worse. So over his career Kerr is better than all bar Judd for consistency in the FAIREST & BEST award AND he has finished second twice and third once....

He now suffers by being the only good mid in a bad side but that only diminishes his standing in the eyes of the ludicrously stupid - i.e. You!

The low blow on Mitchell? Seriously mate you need to move on - certainly Juddy is fair and never ever eye gouged anyone :rolleyes:

You sir are a complete and utter tool... now move along back to your own board and reminisce about 1954.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

jarman, where are you? hello? are you back in your board?:p

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

jarman, where are you? hello? are you back in your board?:p

I am here and yeah, yeah, yeah.......

Ablett - injured or else he would have a Medal by now
Bartell - Medal
Judd - Medal
Cooney - Medal
Corey – quality midfielder (way above Kerr)
Kerr - nothing except suspended nearly every season.

The "given" is that Kerr will never win the Medal and will not be up there with the best of them as he does not deserve it. Will only be remembered as a thug and hot-head.

Worse for you guys, is that with that cattle you have it is going to be a long, long time before the Eagles are a top four side again. Looking very ordinary.

Bartell - Medal
Judd - Medal
Cooney - Medal

The "given" is that Kerr will never win the Medal and will not be up there with the best of them as he does not deserve it. Will only be remembered as a thug and hot-head.

Worse for you guys, is that with that cattle you have it is going to be a long, long time before the Eagles are a top four side again. Looking very ordinary.

55 years is a very long time and one can understand that Top 4 excites you but lets be honest the Puppies are a fair way off a flag side and thats with several of your best players been older than God.

We, on the other hand, build premiership sides, we just do.... might take a couple of years but hey we can wait, only a couple of years since our last one - as opposed to a couple of generations.....

Perhaps I can add another name to your list:

Shane Woewodin - medal

Of course this simply proves that any half talented arseclown can win the medal given the right circumstances.... so one off form should be discounted and consistent performance should be the measure. second, third, second and a better per game average than ANY of the players you mention bar Judd.

Kerr by any measure is better than the other players bar Judd.

But keep up the good work :thumbsu:

By the way Bob Menzies was the PM, Queen Elizabeth made her first Australian visit as Queen, Kim Hughes was born, as was Steve Bracks. Rising Fast won the Caulfield, Melbourne Cups and the Cox Plate.

The Bullies won a flag.

Bartell - Medal
Judd - Medal
Cooney - Medal

Jesus you're a dill.

By your standards Scott West would have just been an average player.

Tribunal Decision: shite and inconsistent. Enuf said.

Kerr's Aggression/Brain Fades/Overstepping the line/Whatever you want to call it: Thumbs Up! FFS! About time we started playing with some heart and spirit. Getting the boys fired up and getting the opposition thinking about where you are and whats coming at them.

I was thinking to myself watching him play the last couple of weeks that he's looking a lot more aggressive/maniacal/kamakaze and its no surprise to me he is starting to play better. All players have different things that get them 'up' for the contest and in Kerr's case its definitely when he is in that no-holds-barred-take-no-prisoners type mood. I loved how he launched himself at Judd and just about took his head off. Clumsy execution (maybe deserved a free kick) but loved the intention.

I just don't believe we have the aggression and mongrel across the team than we so desperately need. Sadly, many of our senior players are pitiful in this regard. I'm not advocating ill-discipline but you have surely got to go in to the game with a more aggressive mentality than we are at the moment. I see small signs of it though. Scott Selwood. Kennedy. Adam Selwood. Perhaps even Glass is showing some signs of mongrel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tribunal finds Kerr guilty

Remove this Banner Ad

Back