Traded Troy Menzel [traded to Adelaide for #28 and Sam Kerridge]

Remove this Banner Ad

179505-Jacksonville-Jaguars-wtf-guy-g-d9yu.gif

I like Kerridge but if Carlton give away Menzel for Kerridge and 28 then that is a disgraceful loss for Carlton.
Out: Menzel, 21 + 40
In: 13, Kerridge and 28

Anything less than that and later picks need to be swapped or another club has to get involved.
can't happen - blues pick 41 has already gone to brisbane as part of bell trade.

I think people have to remember that Menzel (in his third full season) got dropped by the worst team in the AFL. He's talented yes, but not amazing

There are huge concerns about his tank and defensive pressure
You could be the list manager or a Richmond supporter wanting Yarran for free. Henderson and Yarran were dropped. One was worth a first round pick.

Redden - pick 17.
Melksham - pick 25.
Bell - pick 21 after an upgrade.

Even Vince was worth pick 20 in a better draft. He's older than Daisy.

Don't see why we would blink with a 21 year old Menzel who is contracted like Yarran. We knocked back 19 for Yarran. The GWS players have less exposed form than Menzel. Plus Sumner has had injury troubles. Quantity doesn't equal quality.

We already look set to lose one, why not two??
yarran fair enough. he's had enough time to get his shit together and he has the heart of a snail. he's 25 now so it's not like he's super young. i can live with that. but not menzel, certainly not for a second round pick and a bag of steak knives.

can't happen - blues pick 41 has already gone to brisbane as part of bell trade.

Yeah point taken. I was using old info re draft order.
You can see my point though about later draft picks/steak knives/other clubs.
Unless Carlton receive pick 13 as part of the deal then it is pointless for the rebuild.
It would be a different story if they were banking picks in the 20's for Rice but that won't happen so they need to make packages that will bring top 20 picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Carlton do this trade they are seriously going down the wrong path. Keep Menzel he is just about the most talented player on the list. Why trade out another goal kicker.
Trade out 21 for the players from GWS if the club wants them so badly. However not sure why chasing 4 players who can't get a game at another club. Not sure SOS going about the rebuild properly here.

See, I quite rate Kedge as a good player, not a star, but a GOOD workhorse. Runs, hard at it, knows where the goals are and has ok skills. He's not a bad player and I'd have had him in our side most of the year instead of NVB, except he had a couple of collision injuries.

Menzel has the higher ceiling, but has knee issues.

I'll be happy if the trade goes through, but I'll also be happy if the trade doesnt go through.

Surely no need to involve a contracted Menzel in a deal for Kerridge...I'm hoping to get an uncontracted Kerridge we can offer 21 and maybe one of our later picks around 60 if we have to for 28 and Kerridge...then on trade 28 for GWS 4....keeping Menzel I think is integral for our list rebuild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has a lot of Josh Walker and 28 type of action that everyone said was "done" and we got a future first round pick.

Carlton have had no leaks so far this trade period.

Henderson for Walker + 28 (Wrong) - First Round Pick
Bell for 3rd round pick (Wrong) - Pick 21
Yarran for Pick 19 (Wrong) - (Still see a future first round pick coming our way)

With so many people thinking this deal is stupid and outrageous, and with our track record so far - I just DO NOT see this happening...

We have picks 20 + 21 already - I don't see how pick 28 will get us the 4 GWS kids but not one of these picks... If GWS is willing to take 28 then they will accept 21.

I just don't see it.

Menzel's knees scare me, without them, he's a first rounder, but with them, it's iffy.

Kerridge under rated here, he'll play 100 games, easily, he's good.

If Carlton can make that GWS deal happen, then I think they come out this little threesome looking pretty good.

Not as scary as Selena Gomez' knees

selena-gomez-knees-GIF.gif

Hopefully there's more to Carlton's decision to trade Menzel that isn't public knowledge. Probably our 2nd best young player behind Cripps based on exposed form.

Pick 13 + Kerridge wouldn't interest me if I were SOS, let alone 28. Kerridge is steak knives at best and we have drawers full of them. Hopefully this one doesn't happen.
Don't worry, you'll be getting a few GWS rejects as well ;)

This seems a bit last minute for a genuine connection. And I don't think the discount given us is close to that gained by Geelong. Unless they genuinely rated Gore as worth about 20.
You seriously think a trade like this comes about last minute? The details take a while to get sorted, but there is no doubt the Crows would have been targeting Menzel ever since he was drafted.

Menzel's knees scare me, without them, he's a first rounder, but with them, it's iffy.

Kerridge under rated here, he'll play 100 games, easily, he's good.

If Carlton can make that GWS deal happen, then I think they come out this little threesome looking pretty good.
You constantly bag the club for never taking any risks, yet bag them when they do take a risk? Not surprising, but was hoping you may have been better than that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Troy Menzel [traded to Adelaide for #28 and Sam Kerridge]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back