Traded Troy Menzel [traded to Adelaide for #28 and Sam Kerridge]

Remove this Banner Ad

Well if 28 is going to GWS technically it's Menzel for Kerridge, Sumner, Plowman, Phillips and Lamb
Which is kind of stupid still.

Let's not forget that we accepted unders to get this pick to have time to organise this deal. So Carlton are really getting Geelong's first next year plus Kedge for Menzel. Should look a little better now, sure puts our rogering at the hands of Geelong in perspective. Well, that's what a fair few Crows posters woukd have you believe.

Pal, you are in the minority.
I am happy to be, Menzel doesn't want to work hard enough and is a near on certainty to have his knee go in the next few years due to the lars breaking down.

If we could get a first rounder for him i'd take it, maybe not this year but next.

Let's not forget that we accepted unders to get this pick to have time to organise this deal. So Carlton are really getting Geelong's first next year plus Kedge for Menzel. Should look a little better now, sure puts our rogering at the hands of Geelong in perspective. Well, that's what a fair few Crows posters woukd have you believe.
You didn't get rogered by Geelong given the circumstances.

I think people have to remember that Menzel (in his third full season) got dropped by the worst team in the AFL. He's talented yes, but not amazing

There are huge concerns about his tank and defensive pressure
He's one of three players under 25 that has shown anything at AFL level. One of the others has already been traded.

I like Kerridge but if Carlton give away Menzel for Kerridge and 28 then that is a disgraceful loss for Carlton.
Out: Menzel, 21 + 40
In: 13, Kerridge and 28

Anything less than that and later picks need to be swapped or another club has to get involved.

Uncontracted league-wide franchise player for a mid 1st and 2nd. Geelong couldn't price us out, so there were no circumstances that you're not facing right now. Let's see what you pay for Treloar and we'll yack again.
We're going to pay close to, if not more than, what Geelong did. How does that support saying that the Crows got screwed?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Danger worth more than Treloar, we get less. It's basically the definition of getting screwed. Unless you're suggesting that you're paying overs.

But now you get the better of this latest deal , makes me wonder if there not all linked Danger Henderson Menzel

I like Kerridge but if Carlton give away Menzel for Kerridge and 28 then that is a disgraceful loss for Carlton.
Out: Menzel, 21 + 40
In: 13, Kerridge and 28

Anything less than that and later picks need to be swapped or another club has to get involved.
If we have to trade Menzel, this looks more equitable than the 'deal' that was is mooted at the moment.
Interesting to see if Silvagni thinks similarly.

If Carlton use pick 28 to get the GWS players thats a massive win for them.
Plowman alone is worth more than pick 28.
Yep. Now wouldn't it be interesting if that trade went through and GWS demanded pick 20 for the 4 players instead.
Or am I just using Carlton trading logic?

If Carlton use pick 28 to get the GWS players thats a massive win for them.
Plowman alone is worth more than pick 28.

Well i don't think he is otherwise GWS would have traded him for a better pick, There is a reason why GWS are looking like trading 4 players just for a 2nd round pick cause all of them are fringe players if i was Car i wouldn't be trading Menzel.

I don't mind a team getting fringe players from other teams to give them a chance but u have to be careful of getting to many, Last year they got Jones and Tutt also got Whiley and Jaksch and this yeah getting 4 players from GWS and Kerridge who is also a fridge player if they do that deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Troy Menzel [traded to Adelaide for #28 and Sam Kerridge]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back