Banter TRTT Part 14: 2022 Goodbye (To 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
CD's are far superior to streaming if you have decent gear, but yea no one cares anymore it's a blutoofing low bitrate wonderland.

Just saw this in a Limited News article about daylight saving finishing this weekend:

Western Australia

Western Australians also do not follow daylight savings, and will keep their clocks three hours behind the east coast on Australian Western Standard Time (AWST).

And youse eastern staters can keep you mitts off our GST money too!

lol

“My name is Joe Biden. I’m Dr. Jill Biden’s husband,” the 80-year-old president began his remarks at an East Room gathering of women-owned businesses.
“And I eat Jeni’s ice cream — chocolate chip. I came down because I heard there was chocolate chip ice cream,” he said.
“By the way, I have a whole refrigerator full upstairs,” Biden added at his only scheduled public appearance of the day. “You think I’m kidding? I’m not.”

The president then turned serious to address the shooting at the Covenant School, in which three students and three staff members were killed, calling it “sick” and “a family’s worst nightmare” before demanding once again that Congress pass a ban on assault weapons.

“It’s about time we began to make some more progress,” he said.

Remarkably, Biden again returned to the subject of ice cream with another shout-out to a rep from Jeni’s, an Ohio-based chain with shops across the country, including a location near the White House.

Stunned anchors on Fox News were forced to cut the vision on live TV as Biden continued to discuss ice-cream. “We’ll jump back in here, considering the moment, the school shooting that just happened left three adults dead - we were told he would be addressing this off the top,” a female presenter said. “It’s rather surprising, I thought a sombre President Biden would have come to the podium here and addressed the school shooting.”

lol

“My name is Joe Biden. I’m Dr. Jill Biden’s husband,” the 80-year-old president began his remarks at an East Room gathering of women-owned businesses.
“And I eat Jeni’s ice cream — chocolate chip. I came down because I heard there was chocolate chip ice cream,” he said.
“By the way, I have a whole refrigerator full upstairs,” Biden added at his only scheduled public appearance of the day. “You think I’m kidding? I’m not.”

The president then turned serious to address the shooting at the Covenant School, in which three students and three staff members were killed, calling it “sick” and “a family’s worst nightmare” before demanding once again that Congress pass a ban on assault weapons.

Remarkably, Biden again returned to the subject of ice cream with another shout-out to a rep from Jeni’s, an Ohio-based chain with shops across the country, including a location near the White House.

Stunned anchors on Fox News were forced to cut the vision on live TV as Biden continued to discuss ice-cream. “We’ll jump back in here, considering the moment, the school shooting that just happened left three adults dead - we were told he would be addressing this off the top,” a female presenter said. “It’s rather surprising, I thought a sombre President Biden would have come to the podium here and addressed the school shooting.”
Is this for real? When did this happen? Got a link to this story?

EDIT: Found it - the context matters. It was a pre-organised women's business summit and the audio makes it quite clear there are kids in the audience to who he addresses his banter at the start of his speech.

He was being sensitive to the particular audience on yet another day of tragedy. His intro about ice cream and cookies is clearly aimed at the kids in the audience. He goes off script for a short time to talk about the Nashville shooting (at about the 13:30 mark).

Last edited:
lol

I heard the news report on ABC radio early this morning and wondered why the Biden audio was clipped strangely short. He sounded like he was medicated too.

lol

He’s just playing to the crowd. Gun control? Pfft! Gimme some of that choc chip Joe!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CD's are far superior to streaming if you have decent gear, but yea no one cares anymore it's a blutoofing low bitrate wonderland.
I have an excellent HiFi set up at home...CDs are great when they're not all scratched up... which I unfortunately discovered this morning when I dug them out for the first time in about a decade.

I have been using Tidal for some time now.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Its crazy how old politicians are in general

Would you trust an 83 year old (or whatever sleepy Joe is) to do your taxes? Or manage a department store? Or cook your dinner? No. But we (collective we) let one run the most powerful country on earth lol

And that's STILL the sane option vs what the alternative was

Would you trust an 83 year old (or whatever sleepy Joe is) to do your taxes? Or manage a department store? Or cook your dinner? No. But we (collective we) let one run the most powerful country on earth lol

And that's STILL the sane option vs what the alternative was
Yep, although Biden is by far the oldest President on his first day of inauguration, 4 of the last 6 US Presidents have been in their mid 60s when they commenced their term.

I think its the nature of US politicking and the way political favours have to be earned over time to build up the millions necessary to run a Presidential campaign that make that so.

Thinking about the lost opportunity to have a thread called The Lobbe Lobby when he played for us :(

I seem to have a vague memory of something like The Lobbe Lounge existing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back