Banter TRTT Part 14: 2022 Goodbye (To 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep, although Biden is by far the oldest President on his first day of inauguration, 4 of the last 6 US Presidents have been in their mid 60s when they commenced their term.

I think its the nature of US politicking and the way political favours have to be earned over time to build up the millions necessary to run a Presidential campaign that make that so.
There’s a middle ground. I don’t want a 20 something with no experience of the world in charge, but someone starting in their 70’s is likely to be disconnected from the world of the day. A sweet spot of a leader 50’s or 60’s falls between the extremes. The US that’d be considered a baby.

There’s a middle ground. I don’t want a 20 something with no experience of the world in charge, but someone starting in their 70’s is likely to be disconnected from the world of the day. A sweet spot of a leader 50’s or 60’s falls between the extremes. The US that’d be considered a baby.
Someone with a functioning brain, compassion for others, an understanding of economics and history, with a worldview that doesn't have him/her at the centre of it would be good.

Someone with a functioning brain, compassion for others, an understanding of economics and history, with a worldview that doesn't have him/her at the centre of it would be good.

Pity he was only allowed two terms.

Is this for real? When did this happen? Got a link to this story?

EDIT: Found it - the context matters. It was a pre-organised women's business summit and the audio makes it quite clear there are kids in the audience to who he addresses his banter at the start of his speech.

He was being sensitive to the particular audience on yet another day of tragedy. His intro about ice cream and cookies is clearly aimed at the kids in the audience. He goes off script for a short time to talk about the Nashville shooting (at about the 13:30 mark).

Lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure where else to ask but has anyone got a ticket for sale for the gather round? Had a mate join in late to go over to Adelaide and we’ve secured tickets for him for everything except the double header involving Port, and the Adelaide v Carlton game (as well as the Hills game but I don’t even have a ticket for that lol).
Really want to show him a Port home game and also want him to be able to watch Carlton who he goes for. So if anyone has individual game tickets or got their hands on a 4 day pass they don’t need please do let me know!

Noticing that March is nearly over I was thinking that the Australian Grand Prix must've been moved to later in the calendar, but nope, it's on this weekend - I have seen absolutely bugger all about it in the media so far.
Bottas is on 360 tonight. That was all F1 could afford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back