Trump - Harris Presidential Election 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's Pizz? Can't you read? Just like most left wing believers, you mock someone who disagrees with your point of view. And you think you're a comedian, which is hilarious. Brainwashed by the left wing media, I assume.
I guess he thinks I’m insulted or something. Just think it’s rather strange is all.

Who's Pizz? Can't you read? Just like most left wing believers, you mock someone who disagrees with your point of view. And you think you're a comedian, which is hilarious. Brainwashed by the left wing media, I assume.

That's not true, Antz. I don't mock anyone who disagrees with me. Not all are worthy of it.

Nor is it true that I think I'm a comedian.

But I'll be honest, I thought pizzle was a bit funny. The chance to deploy a middle English word for genitalia comes along very rarely. I saw the opportunity and I took it.

As for the 'brainwashed by the left wing media' thing, well, I feel rather mocked by it.

That's not true, Antz. I don't mock anyone who disagrees with me. Not all are worthy of it.

Nor is it true that I think I'm a comedian.

But I'll be honest, I thought pizzle was a bit funny. The chance to deploy a middle English word for genitalia comes along very rarely. I saw the opportunity and I took it.

As for the 'brainwashed by the left wing media' thing, well, I feel rather mocked by it.

Your true colours shine through, reflecting your authenticity, which is quite disingenuous. Keep persevering, champ.

Champ - there’s the winning move.

There’s no coming back from that.

I'm aware that "champ" is the word of the year. Do you like that? Does he think of himself as a hero? Am I giving him a big head?

Last edited:
The great orange grifter can't help himself thieving.

It must make frizzle warm and fuzzy that they used that song for his hero.

I used Vanity Fair as a source because I realise this is all made up by the radical left media.

No you had me pegged as a Dutton supporter. Your last post basically said so. Aren’t you man enough to admit when you get something wrong? I was never an anti vaxxer until Covid. Had Polio, TB vax etc.
Now I’ll never be taking another shot in my lifetime. Will you take the monkeypox vaccine? That’s the next push it seems.
Are you buying what they are trying to sell?
Serious question - RFK Jr and his former VP pick, Nicole Shanahan, both believe there is a link between vaccines and autism. Do you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is the Washington Post's assessment of Karmela Harris' speech at the DNC:

“In many ways, it was a speech a Republican of years gone by could have delivered: heavy on crime-fighting, securing the border, promising an ‘opportunity society,’ keeping America’s military the ‘most lethal’ in the world and standing up to dictators, such as Russian President Vladimir Putin.”

No person with connections to the Palestinian community was permitted to speak at the DNC. This is because Harris declared her full support and intent on continuing to support the Israeli genocide in Gaza:
“I will always stand up for Israel’s right to defend itself, and I will always ensure Israel has the ability to defend itself.”

In other words, more bombs and missiles to kill tens of thousands more in Gaza and potentially in the West Bank, Lebanon, Yemen, Iran and other countries in the region targeted by the US and its NATO allies.

Despite denouncing Trump as a criminal and a "threat to democracy", Harris did not mention how the Democrats planned to respond should Trump make another coup attempt through the Supreme Court, or incite political violence.

Instead, she appealed for unity with the Republican party as "neighbours", despite the fact that many of these so called "neighbours" are fascist politicians who tried to oppose the certification of Biden as president in 2021, and have since then continued to participate in Trump's stolen election campaign.

Harris made a series of populist promises about improving living standards, strengthening the social safety net. She makes such promises, and at the same time pledges ongoing military support for Israel and for Zelensky. Way back in the 60's Lindon Johnson tried "guns and butter" during the Vietnam War. It collapsed ignominiously.

Any Harris administration will be compelled to gut social spending to fund the ongoing US military rampage. Her promises are cynical lies. Over the last 40 years, every US administration - Democrat or Republican - has relentlessly moved to cut back on social spending.

With US commitments to military spending for its proxies in the Middle East(Israel) and in Ukraine (Zelensky), as well as funding for its voracious military nuclear development program, any Harris administration will be on collision course with the vast majority of the US population.

The main dangers in the US election are:

a) to underestimate the threat that Trump represents to democracy in the US
b) to imagine that democracy can be defended by voting for the Democrats.

Thought he would gt ahead before the media but don't think it helps.

Also this before he gave allegiance to Trump.

He is a strange one and would be unknown without the Kennedy name.
I have an American friend who is a Trump fan. He has a business that has benefited from Trumps last term when he restored a pipeline that had been stopped by Obama.
The last 12 months he has purchased these;
IMG_7654.jpeg

So I think even under Biden he is doing ok.
But now he is jumping up and down about RFK Jnr and his endorsement of Trump. Reckons it is a game changer that makes Trump unbeatable.
I have bitten my tongue on all things Trump when I said something and he got very, very upset.
So I don’t think I can mention what an absolute nut job this guy is. And how he has only endorsed Trump for a spot in his administration.
Trump complicates everything!

Any social system that allows an individual like Trump to be president and then presents him again with a chance to overthrow constitutional democracy is an insane social system in its death throes.

He does not "complicate things". He is a symptom of historical necrosis.

In many ways, he clarifies things.

The Harris strategy (in part) intends to reclaim 'middle' America, not least the right-wing voters who are increasingly disaffected by Trump.

She wants to make America 'the most lethal fighting force' the world has ever seen (hip hip hooray), she's a patriot, Walz is America's Dad, Palestinians should neither be seen nor heard, etc.

All the plonk presidents from inglorious years gone by have risen from the speaking circuit to announce Harris as the saviour of the union.

Nothing will ultimately be saved, not unless they can start funneling large amounts of money into the pockets of everyone not in the top 10%, and that just isn't the American way.

The Harris strategy (in part) intends to reclaim 'middle' America, not least the right-wing voters who are increasingly disaffected by Trump.

She wants to make America 'the most lethal fighting force' the world has ever seen (hip hip hooray), she's a patriot, Walz is America's Dad, Palestinians should neither be seen nor heard, etc.

All the plonk presidents from inglorious years gone by have risen from the speaking circuit to announce Harris as the saviour of the union.

Nothing will ultimately be saved, not unless they can start funneling large amounts of money into the pockets of everyone not in the top 10%, and that just isn't the American way.
JB, this post is quite a condemnation of Harris in its way. I will tell you how i read it:

Harris is trying to attract right wing voters disaffected with Trump. I absolutely agree...this is indeed her strategy. She made that clear during her DNC speech with rhetoric that MAGA would be proud of. The crowd responded with USA, USA chants.

So what does one draw from this? If Harris is seeking to win Trump voters, how can anyone view her as a bulwark against Trump?? She is seeking to emulate Trump!

She wants to make America "lethal fighting force". This is not a statement to be considered in a light minded manner, Under conditions of war in Gaza and the Ukraine, where the US is already intervening (by supplying arms, training, GPS data, moving battle ships into close quarters etc) how can one think of the conversion of America into a "lethal fighting force" as anything other than a threat of lethal world wide military intervention?

You finish up by saying that nothing will be saved unless Harris starts funneling large amounts into the pockets of everyone except the top 10%. However, her economic policies (the "opportunity economy"- ie opportunity for Wall St billionaires) will do the very opposite, as you yourself admit (''that's not the American way")

So, if "nothing is ultimately to be saved" (the only conclusion to be drawn from your post), what do you see is the way forward for the vast working population of the US?

JB, this post is quite a condemnation of Harris in its way. I will tell you how i read it:

Harris is trying to attract right wing voters disaffected with Trump. I absolutely agree...this is indeed her strategy. She made that clear during her DNC speech with rhetoric that MAGA would be proud of. The crowd responded with USA, USA chants.

So what does one draw from this? If Harris is seeking to win Trump voters, how can anyone view her as a bulwark against Trump?? She is seeking to emulate Trump!

She wants to make America "lethal fighting force". This is not a statement to be considered in a light minded manner, Under conditions of war in Gaza and the Ukraine, where the US is already intervening (by supplying arms, training, GPS data, moving battle ships into close quarters etc) how can one think of the conversion of America into a "lethal fighting force" as anything other than a threat of lethal world wide military intervention?

You finish up by saying that nothing will be saved unless Harris starts funneling large amounts into the pockets of everyone except the top 10%. However, her economic policies (the "opportunity economy"- ie opportunity for Wall St billionaires) will do the very opposite, as you yourself admit (''that's not the American way")

So, if "nothing is ultimately to be saved" (the only conclusion to be drawn from your post), what do you see is the way forward for the vast working population of the US?

The Harris campaign makes political sense. They're willing to estrange themselves from the small proportion of Dem voters who take progressive economics and genocide seriously.

In return, they'll pick up a more significant number of conservatives who are horrified by another term of Trump.

They are not quite emulating Trump. They'll pitch for reproductive rights, support Ukraine, avoid overt racism, take a hard line on illegals without demonising them, give the constitution due respect etc. But they are positioning the Dems upon ground which has historically been occupied by many Republicans, maybe slightly to the right of someone like John McCain.

There's a lot to not like about it. If I was a US citizen, I can't imagine voting for Harris.

That might change. The difficulty in formulating and articulating the agenda of a new government when you're still the VP of the old regime shouldn't be underestimated. This leaves us to pick through the minutiae of banal statements, searching for the portents of something different and better, and my current disappointment might one day become jubilation.

But I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back