TW believes Tambling is on the verge of superstardom within 12 months

Remove this Banner Ad

lids2004roar

Premiership Player
Nov 30, 2006
AFL Club
Richmond
Was on Ch7 news earlier, they're signing him up for another 3 years!!! :D:D:D

Best of all to all you doubters out there it was nice to see that the coach of the team seriously believes Tambling is on the verge of super star status and it should happen within 12 months!

TW wants Bling at the club real bad.

...for a damn good reason too :thumbsu: :cool:

Thats all very nice Benny ... and genuinely good to see the boy commited to the club ... but i`ll empty the aggots when i actually see it dished up on the park instead of it just being talk and hype .

Richmond have been "gunnas" for 25 years now ... talk is cheap and i am over it ....

Like 1980 and PLSC hace been saying for a while now , stop talking about it and start delivering

Jesus Terry, give us a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just want the kid to get a kick on a regular basis and turn out to be a decent player. Superstardom? He's so far off that it's not funny.

He would know better than us, I'm just passing on the info and IMO it is fantastic to see such faith put in the youngster.

Chances are if TW is this confident to not only offer a 3 year contract, but to publicly state he is likely to reach superstsrdom within 12 months, then he must have some damn good indications to back up his opinion.

BTW it's not just talk - the long-term contract speaks for itself. If TW just came out and said he expects Bling to be a superstar this year then fair enough, but the contract means he is not just talking **** to please the fans. He honestly believes it.

Jesus Terry, give us a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just want the kid to get a kick on a regular basis and turn out to be a decent player. Superstardom? He's so far off that it's not funny.
Haha. He is closer than Raines and Simmonds were at the same time in their careers and look how valuable they are now.

I think that Tambers will be a gem. You can feel it when he plays. Anyone who expected any more from him in the first two seasons was expecting too much. He will step up this year and be a top line player come 2008. That is my opinion.

He would know better than us, I'm just passing on the info and IMO it is fantastic to see such faith put in the youngster.

Chances are if TW is this confident to not only offer a 3 year contract, but to publicly state he is likely to reach superstsrdom within 12 months, then he must have some damn good indications to back up his opinion.

BTW it's not just talk - the long-term contract speaks for itself. If TW just came out and said he expects Bling to be a superstar this year then fair enough, but the contract means he is not just talking **** to please the fans. He honestly believes it.
Righto Scrappy ... you`ve been on the Schmackos :thumbsu:

Haha. He is closer than Raines and Simmonds were at the same time in their careers and look how valuable they are now.

I think that Tambers will be a gem. You can feel it when he plays. Anyone who expected any more from him in the first two seasons was expecting too much. He will step up this year and be a top line player come 2008. That is my opinion.
Clubs can't afford to keep kids on a list for five years if they're noit performing. So far Richie has done nothing to warrant a contract extension of three years. They should be telling him to perform and then we'll talk about contracts. rewarding him for what?
For our sake I hope terry really knows what he's doing.

as i said in the other thread what is it with us and over the odds contracts some people never learn

lids and raines i can understand because they acheived top results in the rising star awards, tambling and polak have done NOTHING and are living off their repective number 4 draft pick selections

he would be cheap atm and i can understand the signing but 3 years is not the right example to set, you can have faith in a player and thats all good but its about performances not potential

good to see benny is excited :rolleyes:

Like I said Benny, I don't believe you should reward people for nothing.
reward him with a 3-year-extension at the end of the season after he's been told to pull his finger out.
But I'm old school.

Fine with that. Hardly likely to be megabucks and so far as potential goes he's at the top of our list. I certainly don't believe in overpaying, but that sort of security should hopefully encourage him to break out rather than get comfy.

We shall see.

Clubs can't afford to keep kids on a list for five years if they're noit performing. So far Richie has done nothing to warrant a contract extension of three years. They should be telling him to perform and then we'll talk about contracts. rewarding him for what?
For our sake I hope terry really knows what he's doing.
Problem is not many at our club have "earned" anything at our club for a loooong time .

Our contract negotiations are a real worry ...... have always been scribbled out on potential and not deeds

The trend continues

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't believe you should reward people for nothing.

Yeah that's what I think too. I'm under the impression that his intense work ethic at training and his form in prac matches have played a role, but I'd like to know what Terry knows because it is unlikely he would reward him for "nothing".

Didn't Meyer only get a 1 year contract?

Also the hardest and most risky part about recruiting Tambling was getting him to live in Melbourne and for him to cope with football and family. He sounds happy in Melbourne now and is training harder than ever at a young age with a family. The major risks seem to have disappeared. Now it comes down to the final step: fulfilling potential.

Clubs can't afford to keep kids on a list for five years if they're noit performing.

Two words: Schulz + Pettifer.

And Tambling has only had 2 years. Fair enough you don't think we should wait 5 years for him, but can't anyone around here wait just a little bit more than 1 full season?

Didn't Meyer only get a 1 year contract??
All he deserved.
Fair enough you don't think we should wait 5 years for him, but can you wait a little more than 1 full season?
Not saying give the kid his marching orders. I hope as much as any of us that he plays 200 games for us. But three years is irresponsible IMO.

Hehe, hope you didn't hear the rumours that TW said he wanted to sign him up for five years then ;)

What do you guys think about long-term contracts in general?

everyone always loves to bring up the simmo deal but for every good their is gaspar,ottens, krakouer etc

i hate the argument that clubs will steal players because in soccer yeh that will happen but in footy even if your player wants to leave you will get a pretty good draft pick so you can afford to be a bit tight with contracts

To be honest Tambling will be a more valuable player than Lids.

3 years at the start of the season is a bit of a worry. I can certainly see where IDGAF and crew are comming from.

Tambling is killing pre-season, but so did Rodan.

However I am confident Tambo will display this in the season proper. Probably would be safer to talk contracts at end of season.

Schulz is another example of bigger contracts before season begins.

Fine with that. Hardly likely to be megabucks and so far as potential goes he's at the top of our list. I certainly don't believe in overpaying, but that sort of security should hopefully encourage him to break out rather than get comfy.

We shall see.

Spot on! Bling will go from strength to strength because he need not worry about being judged solely on this year. He has 3 years to prove himself and i believe he will.

Yeah that's what I think too. I'm under the impression that his intense work ethic at training and his form in prac matches have played a role, but I'd like to know what Terry knows because it is unlikely he would reward him for "nothing".

Didn't Meyer only get a 1 year contract?

Also the hardest and most risky part about recruiting Tambling was getting him to live in Melbourne and for him to cope with football and family. He sounds happy in Melbourne now and is training harder than ever at a young age with a family. The major risks seem to have disappeared. Now it comes down to the final step: fulfilling potential.

Two words: Schulz + Pettifer.

And Tambling has only had 2 years. Fair enough you don't think we should wait 5 years for him, but can't anyone around here wait just a little bit more than 1 full season?
schulz and pettifer are not good examples benny. pettifer has had 1 passable season in 6.i just dont see why people get excited about him. schulz has had 2 things save his bacon injury and his size. hes taken no real strides since he came to the club apart from a couple of cameos. if he fails this yr people will be walking around with egg on their faces.
tambling has been passable so far. he doesnt need to dominate games this yr he just needs to show steady improvement. i would have prefered to see him get a 2 yr deal with a 1 yr proviso depending on performance improvement this yr.
of course wallace is going to talk him up the comparisons to franklin are often and many.

^^agree, two years might have been the better option I think, massive upside this kid, buit two years should've been it given what he's shown so far - which has OK, but not super

I think the reason why TW and crew are aiming at 3 years is too gain a year or two of cheap contract.

If we gave him one year, he performs well... he may end up costing more to add him for another two years.

So over that three years (If you go the above strategy) he will most likely cost the club more if he performs.

Go three years in the one hit. you get his services cheaper in the last two years.....but also have the risk of Tambling not living up to his potential.

Remove this Banner Ad

TW believes Tambling is on the verge of superstardom within 12 months

Remove this Banner Ad

Back