Roast Ty-ragic Tyrone

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wally, would be rapt if Tyrone turns out to be a Finals player .

Would he ? methinks he would be rapt if we made the finals but i will wait and see if he praises Ty if he is in the team if this happens.

i am not getting carried away with this game last night but am happy that he showed something. Missed a couple as well.

didnt see the game but kudos to him for having a go and showing something.
i still think others are in front of him for a kpf spot and i would still like to see him string 5 or 6 games together at coburg like last night before we play him in the ones.

for me it will take a couple of seasons of good consistent performances with no shirking to pencil him in as a player. not one preseason game of ring a ring a rosy.

this is the trouble with so many of our supporters one decent showing and we have a superstar.our players get to live on that potential tag for yrs because once they played a decent game.

this is the trouble with so many of our supporters one decent showing and we have a superstar.our players get to live on that potential tag for yrs because once they played a decent game.

Hardly. No-one in this thread has made an outlandish statement except for those who are already writing him off! :mad:

Hardly. No-one in this thread has made an outlandish statement except for those who are already writing him off! :mad:

are there people writing him off?
geez and i thought most were saying he needs time and has shown little or next to nothing to date. which until last night was a fact.

oh i see any criticism at all even if its warranted and correct is not wanted.

are there people writing him off?

...soft as butter...

...does that ring a bell...?!?!...:p...

yep hes as soft as butter shirks a contest and plays scared. have seen it with my own eyes and its been a regular thing.
did it not happen last night well that would be a good thing.

are you saying he cant turn these things around because i dont recall saying he cant.
what i have said is he wont make it if he doesnt.
oh thats right your another of those with blinkers who thinks one decent hit out in a practise game makes a player.

good post and the debate in a nutshell.

everyone knows im highly critical of our players but geez i think we are jumping the gun just a little bit with vickery.

have been saying hes a ruckman and hes not ready for afl. needs to play nearly all season at coburg.
to call for his head is a nonsense and i dont believe the club would be even thinking of making a decision on him for two seasons.
one thing for sure though i would be expecting him to have some decent input into games at coburg this yr.
players just cant come onto the list and stagnate they have to show some sort of improvement each yr.

two things. one hes only had two seasons and done little in those two seasons. for a skinny kid what did we expect. i think patience is not a strong suit of many supporters. development times vary for all kids clearly if vickery is going to make it he will take longer to develop.

two. i think last night confirmed that vickery is not ready for afl and his development this yr should primarily be at coburg.
if players dont show any sort of mimprovement at all they deserve to be questioned i would call for some patience though and if hes still the same at the end of the yr question all you like.

my first post on this thread i believe. i stand by it. it to me has been a pretty general theme by most on this thread.
i also stand by my observations of what i have seen of vickery.no writing him off but pointing out valid deficiencies and very ordinary performances to date.
TO DATE hes hardly shown a thing fact.
i l sorry for those who cant discern between legitamite criticism and writing off of players. seems some get very sensitive about any sort of criticism at all and get all teary eyed.

my first post on this thread i believe. i stand by it. it to me has been a pretty general theme by most on this thread.
i also stand by my observations of what i have seen of vickery.no writing him off but pointing out valid deficiencies and very ordinary performances to date.
TO DATE hes hardly shown a thing fact.
i l sorry for those who cant discern between legitamite criticism and writing off of players. seems some get very sensitive about any sort of criticism at all and get all teary eyed.

Kudos to you. That was a surprisingly sensible post.

I'm not suggesting that he's shown much. By the same token, I recall how much Aaron Sandilands had shown after two years on Freo's list. Carltank fans keep talking up Robbie Warnock, who's had 4 (?) years in the system and only started to show a bit last year for the first time. Some of the expectations from this board being put on a 200cm kid are way too high...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kudos to you. That was a surprisingly sensible post.

I'm not suggesting that he's shown much. By the same token, I recall how much Aaron Sandilands had shown after two years on Freo's list. Carltank fans keep talking up Robbie Warnock, who's had 4 (?) years in the system and only started to show a bit last year for the first time. Some of the expectations from this board being put on a 200cm kid are way too high...

while sandi and warnock have taken awhile they both showed some very good signs unlike tyrone. neither have ever shirked a contest either.
and believe it or not sandilands did not take that long to have an impact in the ruck due to his size.
rookied in 2002
his 2003 contained 19 games where he won his fair share of hitouts.
the real criticism of him in his first two or three seasons was the lack of anything else other than winning ruck contests.

i still think he does not take enough marks or hurt on the scoreboard by kicking goals.

warnock well if i remember was very skinny like vickery his agility and endurance were standouts and his competetiveness at stoppages also.

his time at west perth 06 while not outstanding in his first season was decent he showed even then why carlton would go after him.

his second season he was thrown in the deep end for 12 games when sandilands went down with a groin injury. again he showed glimpses. i recall everyone over here talking about just how good a ruckman he could become in just his second season.

i believe in 08 he copped a foot injury that limited him and in the end cost him the entire 2009 season

imo warnock has showed plenty right thru his career to date.

for me i would like to see vickery at a proper playing weight and size then i think a lot of the obvious apprehension hes shown will disappear. until he gets to that size he needs to show some sort of improvement we cant have players just stagnate. it seems last night was a good step in the right direction.

To me it shows that mabe he prefers playing forward as I think it was his possie at TAC level. Intersingly I looked at the RFC site at his bio & it has Ty at 95kg I would think that that would be about the weight for him to gain or feel confident to compete as a forward but still maybe giving away 10 or more kg at times in th ruck. Thoughts ??

my first post on this thread i believe.

...NO its not...:thumbsdown:...

...you called TV...'soft buttered' 'low-rated' 'shrirker' 'skinny runt'...months back...in a thread called...'how do you rate our draft'...

...its only recently after a great volume of criticisms to your negative descriptions towards TV....that you have back pedalled...and moderated your stance somewhat...in that TV would benefit from spending more playing time at coburg...

...and now that he has kicked 5 goals against port...he has according to you only some...

...valid deficiencies and ordinary performances...:p...

...you wrote him off...:thumbsdown:...

my first post on this thread i believe.

...NO its not...:thumbsdown:...

...you called TV...'soft buttered' 'low-rated' 'shrirker' 'skinny runt'...months back...in a thread called...'how do you rate our draft'...

...its only recently after a great volume of criticisms to your negative descriptions towards TV....that you have back pedalled...and moderated your stance somewhat...in that TV would benefit from spending more playing time at coburg...

...and now that he has kicked 5 goals against port...he has according to you only some...

...valid deficiencies and ordinary performances...:p...

...you wrote him off...:thumbsdown:...

sheesh you still here having a cry.
just for you i still describe him a soft as butter skinny runt shirker who plays scared. its a criticism based on what ive seen. how thick are you.he should be at coburg to develop.
how you manage to turn that into me saying we should delist him is beyond me. of course i dont rate him to date. but i have consistently said we need to give him time.

like i said some are so sensitive to any sort of criticism they cry like babys seems you are a baby and a not too bright one at that.

poor old jak having a cry because big old claw dared criticise one of our players boo hoo get a grip of yourself.

In fairness Jak, Claw only pointed out what he saw as his deficiencies and said on a number of occasions that he still needs more time, preferably playing at Coburg.

I do find it a little bemusing though that last week many were saying he needs to show something and when he does we get "it's only one practice game" sort of tripe.

Yes it is only one game and yes he needs to do it more often (talk about stating the bleeding obvious) , but it is a step in the right direction.

Small steps...from little things big things grow..blah blah blah.

Time will tell.

I can understand people on this forum bashing the kid, even I think he is a spud.

But yesterday was a good day for him, no one can take that away. He showed last night that he could-maybe-somehow make it, and I hope he does.

Don't call him a god, but admit that yesterday was one small step for him.

Let's not get carried away over a practice game. It's the real stuff that counts. If he can do it then it changes things. Right now, I still think vickery is a concern.

poor old jak having a cry because big old claw dared criticise one of our players boo hoo get a grip of yourself.

...not at all...

...its all about you...

...and about your own personable method of pre judging young players having a go...

...its called damming with faint praise......look it up...

...you certainly would know how to crush a young aspiring footballers ego
spirit and confidence...'softbuttered' 'low rated' 'shirker' 'skinny runt'...

...its about flexibilty, discernment astuteness empathy judgement...look them up...

...to be fair...some players may need the occassional coaches blast...and some to be quietly and empathtically spoken to...

...one method does not work for all...

...its unfair to focus on deficiences to the excusion of all else...

...to be fair...where is your encouragement, positive support of TV...no unequivocal ifs and buts...

...great coaches...like parents, teachers...dont break spirits...they nurture their growth lest they shatter a diamond in the rough...

...not at all...

...its all about you...

...and about your own personable method of pre judging young players having a go...

...its called damming with faint praise......look it up...

...you certainly would know how to crush a young aspiring footballers ego
spirit and confidence...'softbutterd' 'low rated' 'shirker' 'skinny runt'...

...its about flexibilty, discernment astuteness empathy judgement...look them up...

...to be fair...some players may need the occassional coaches blast...and some to be quietly and empathtically spoken to...

...one method does not work for all...

...its unfair to focus on deficiences to the excusion of all else...

...to be fair...where is your encouragement, positive support of TV...no unequivocal ifs and buts...

...great coaches...like parents, teachers...dont break spirits...they nurture their growth lest they shatter a diamond in the rough...

...why do you write like this?...

...you are probably right with what your saying but I always skip through your posts because they are coloured differently or have wierd full stops at the front and end of every sentence...

.................it's annoying.....................

.................please stop......................

.............please...........................

..:p..

...why do you write like this?...

...you are probably right with what your saying but I always skip through your posts because they are coloured differently or have wierd full stops at the front and end of every sentence...

.................it's annoying.....................

.................please stop......................

.............please...........................

..:p..

no their not weird their just full stops

sheesh you still here having a cry.
just for you i still describe him a soft as butter skinny runt shirker who plays scared. its a criticism based on what ive seen. how thick are you.he should be at coburg to develop.
how you manage to turn that into me saying we should delist him is beyond me. of course i dont rate him to date. but i have consistently said we need to give him time.

like i said some are so sensitive to any sort of criticism they cry like babys seems you are a baby and a not too bright one at that.

wow. youre a bully arent you?
have issues at home or something? or are you just insecure about your past?
nobody likes a negative person. if youre negative, you die quicker.
never liked you. thats probably not going to change. actually i hate you.
next time when you criticise a player or anyone, make it constructive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back