Toast Tyson Goldsack - Hung Up His Boots, (27/8)

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately I recall Kennedy getting hold of him that season, I'm pretty sure. He does seem to match up on Darling better though.
But dont forget that time Goldsack took Kennedy to the cleaners when our other defenders went down. Cant remember which season honestly, maybe 2014.

I love Goldy. I want to see him play afl again but I'm just not sure about 2018. He bleeds for the club, I'd love to see him get a one year contract. As Pendlebury said on jock & journo "Goldy isn't going through this recovery to play VFL". We find ourselves in a very interesting position with Tyson. We will know a lot more after next week. He has been great for us no matter what happens from here.
#TheSackIsBack

I love Goldy. I want to see him play afl again but I'm just not sure about 2018. He bleeds for the club, I'd love to see him get a one year contract. As Pendlebury said on jock & journo "Goldy isn't going through this recovery to play VFL". We find ourselves in a very interesting position with Tyson. We will know a lot more after next week. He has been great for us no matter what happens from here.
#TheSackIsBack
Yup and as Bucks said, he didnt do all of this work to have no impact. I reckon if he gets through 3 qtrs of VFL and looks alright then we play him

Jack Darling is Goldsacks bunny.

Get through VFL next weekend and he will definitely be in and will head straight to Darling...the sight of the Sack marching down will get in his head and he will go to water.

Let Howe zone off and double team Kennedy, and we will get them just like 2007!

Goldy will have play a strong game this week to have any chance for West Coast. More likely return is the following week.
If he has a good game, it could worth the risk against West Coast

Last edited:
Not liking that form. Shouldn’t earn a spot based on that effort. But, I’m happy either way if he plays - I trust the coaches call
2 possessions doesn't seem to justify a recall, but maybe there is hope that he will step up a level on the big stage. We probably have to take a risk against WC after our previous experience with Kennedy and Darling. But didn't we have both Moore and Howe in that game yet the WC forwards dominated? At least Goldsack would offer something different. If we rely on the opponents of the big WC forwards to subdue them in order to win the game, then we are in trouble. Grundy and the midfield must deny WC the ball and our forwards take full advantage of their opportunities.

Last edited:
Goldy laid some nice tackles,moved well and seemed to be timing his jumps better today. He certainly wasn't prolific but played a role.

Madgen really doesn't look up to an AFL final so if it comes down to it , I'd be happier to back either Goldsack and/or Moore in and take the risk. Appleby would be more able to rise a level too I'd say but obviously height comes into it there and some moves would need to be made if he came in for Madgen. We really are lacking height against WCE and I think we're going to have to take some big risks rather than keeping the status quo.

Goldy laid some nice tackles,moved well and seemed to be timing his jumps better today. He certainly wasn't prolific but played a role.

Madgen really doesn't look up to an AFL final so if it comes down to it , I'd be happier to back either Goldsack and/or Moore in and take the risk. Appleby would be more able to rise a level too I'd say but obviously height comes into it there and some moves would need to be made if he came in for Madgen. We really are lacking height against WCE and I think we're going to have to take some big risks rather than keeping the status quo.

You called it right!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Comeback story of the year, absolutely warrior.

He'll rise to the occasion. I remember a couple aeasons back his effort against Freo with one shoulder cook and kept throwing himself into contest after contest as we held on to win in a thriller.

Would leave the pitch in a coffin for the club, I'd play a 2 possession Goldy over most of our defenders in a heartbeat.

❤️

Comeback story of the year, absolutely warrior.

He'll rise to the occasion. I remember a couple aeasons back his effort against Freo with one shoulder cook and kept throwing himself into contest after contest as we held on to win in a thriller.

Would leave the pitch in a coffin for the club, I'd play a 2 possession Goldy over most of our defenders in a heartbeat.

❤️

Can't say I have the same faith and think it's a mistake bringing him in personally, however I've written Goldy off a number of times and he always proves me wrong without fail. Here I am hoping for a repeat of that on Saturday.

Can't say I have the same faith and think it's a mistake bringing him in personally, however I've written Goldy off a number of times and he always proves me wrong without fail. Here I am hoping for a repeat of that on Saturday.
But we are almost sure to lose with Madgen and Oxley in defence, so rolling the dice on Goldsack seems logical in the circumstances. It's a risk we have to take if we intend to win this game.

There's no way his effort can be worse than an Oxley or a Madgen.
He will have some physical presence in sticking a tackle I just hope he can hold up in 1v1 duels.

He will have some physical presence in sticking a tackle I just hope he can hold up in 1v1 duels.
Finals experience is worth 10% over any player on the cusp.
He has always stood up in finals.

Perhaps he has been told there won't be a finals campaign for him next year or at least the writing is on the wall.
Then an insane recovery time after doing an ACL. This guy is loaded with willpower and won't go wondering.
Exactly what we need in finals time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Tyson Goldsack - Hung Up His Boots, (27/8)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back