Toast Tyson Goldsack - Hung Up His Boots, (27/8)

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't got enough money
1 last try if this doesn't work I'm not playing anymore
"if you see kay" ( tell her I want her ) repeat 12 times

thats the one. Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo.

If the news that Goldy has done his ACL is confirmed this morning this is terrible news for the club. Buckley was trialing Goldy as a defensive forward all preseason to back up Cox and Reid. That would make Goldy our main taller forward when Cox plays further up the ground and Reid is resting on the interchange. Utilities are rare players and it's even rarer for utilities to cover the key positions as Goldy did last year at CHB. Our only other cover for Goldy is Murphy who will need at least 12 months in the system to play the sorts of roles that Goldy plays.

If the news is confirmed Buckley will need to restructure our forward line which won't be easy a couple of weeks away from the start of the season, but from a personal point of view, it must be terrible for the player himself who would have been looking forward to playing his new role for the team. I'm sure Goldy has the temperament to get over his latest setback and return better than ever in whatever role Buckley has in mind for him to play in the 2019 season.

Hope he has a speedy recovery and doesn't get too bored running endless laps of the oval during his rehab (Shaz will give him good advice).

Last edited:

Goody being a multi positional player is this boards biggest myth.
Every board should have a good myth, but just between us I don’t believe this is one of them.

Played really effectively as a key defender last year, was a wingman/defender/forward in his premiership year. Competed well and tackled hard over the two games so far this year.

His role is too apply tackles and great opportunities in the forward line, he is not the focal point up forward. If he was he would be more effective, because he can mark and he is one of the few that can kick straight.

Agree. Also, a few more like Goldy and we would not have required a "cultural refit" or whatever - yes yes I know we need "characters" but part of the value of players like Goldy is that they don't consume club/coach resources on off field issues.

The next handover has already been planned out, one former captain to another.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like I said they will and he will come back but he won’t be the same.

His age counts against him a bit (30 is not ancient) but his build and historical durability is a big plus for a decent recovery. Wouldnt write him off if he got a 2019 contract. Thats a discussion for later in the year though.

Hopefully the club gives the Sack an admin role like McCaffer as he’s the kind of character you want staying around the club.

Crap news.

If that mule played you in the first GF in 2010 it would have saved us from aging a few years.
I will always be greatful to Goldy for our Premiership.

I am also with mike123 on this as I don't think he is a "massive loss" as most here are saying.

I wish him all the best........Lars isn't an option because he has the rest of his life to live.
Why would he risk that standard of life by doing Lars?

Goldsack play Forward so they Might Debut McLarty

I doubt that very much. Very different players.

Goldsack might be 193 cm, but for most of his career he has been a flanker or wingman. He is genuinely quick, built like a whippet. We can afford to play him alongside Reid and Cox, cause that pace will ensure that the opposition defenders run the ball out under pressure

McLarty on the other hand is a big beast of a kid. A genuine KP player, but no way could this kid ever be a flanker or wingman, nowhere near the pace of Goldsack. If McLarty plays he plays instead of Reid and Cox. No way we could play 3 of em

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Tyson Goldsack - Hung Up His Boots, (27/8)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back