U19 North 2 (2009)

Remove this Banner Ad

are the old xavs still playing at the dust bowl or have they pulled there finger out and hooked up a half decent ground this year?

Might as well have a crack at tips for what its worth. Be hard to get all 4 without knowing the early form, and turnover of players from last year, but here goes anyway:

Ivanhoe over the Combined OG's/Blacks unit by 25 - I think last years runners up will have too much continuity, while the Blacks' fill in players may be red hot, it might take a few weeks for them to gel with the OG boys.

Therry at home should get over Latrobe by 3 goals. Therry and Latrobe have a lot of hype about them this year. Whether it's warranted or not we'll know in a few weeks. Can't go past Therry at home though.

ESL to get over Rupo in a tight one (6 points) out in Sunbury. Will depend heavily on how many 19's get picked to play seniors, but Rupo could be vulnerable here. ESL did the job there last year, no reason why they can't again.

Xavs should be too good for Westbourne, should run out to 40 points+. Will be interesting to see how Westbourne go...lets hope they don't pull out at the last minute like last season. Xavs will always have good numbers to pick from, and should win this at home with ease.

Fitzroy with the bye... NOBS have been taken off the fixture.

Shame...would have been good to see Fitzroy finish tenth again. Guess they'll have to settle for ninth instead.

Will do a ladder b4 round 4.

Good luck to all for the weekend

are the old xavs still playing at the dust bowl or have they pulled there finger out and hooked up a half decent ground this year?

No dust bowl this year or at least for the first round we have been moved to some ground in bullen and the vafa site hasnt updated all our matches... It Manninghams home ground

Xavs should be too good for Westbourne, should run out to 40 points+. Will be interesting to see how Westbourne go...lets hope they don't pull out at the last minute like last season. Xavs will always have good numbers to pick from, and should win this at home with ease.

On Westbourne... what are the chances that this will become an 8 team league this year??

Feel sorry for the second Rupo u19 team. A hiding that's right up there with the 'best'.

Six eligible under 19s played senior footy yesterday. It didn't effect the premier team [won by 22 goals] but clearly robbed the second team of players who would have made the score respectable.

Hang in there boys. Maybe one day we'll take your feelings into account. Everybody likes to have a real chance of winning.

One day i will ask KB who you are. I don't know how Rupo cope with you!:thumbsdown: Your comments are always self-centred and not about the club.

I don't know what you are talking about. If the comments were about me then I would understand the criticism of 'self-centred'. The comment is clearly about the club. I feel a genuinely sorry for guys who take the footy field and get flogged. I've seen this occur over the last three seasons and it's a shame how the pattern is repeated so early in the year.

I'll pose a question. Did the premier team need to belt Marcellin by twenty-two goals? Did the second team need to get beaten by a greater margin?

Remember, the point of playing footy is to enjoy the experience. I'd hardly enjoy being on the end of the flogging.

You can ask KB. He probably knows.

Rupo don't care about my comments.

I don't know how you can turn an honest comment of concern into a criticism.

I don't know what you are talking about. If the comments were about me then I would understand the criticism of 'self-centred'. The comment is clearly about the club. I feel a genuinely sorry for guys who take the footy field and get flogged. I've seen this occur over the last three seasons and it's a shame how the pattern is repeated so early in the year.

I'll pose a question. Did the premier team need to belt Marcellin by twenty-two goals? Did the second team need to get beaten by a greater margin?

Remember, the point of playing footy is to enjoy the experience. I'd hardly enjoy being on the end of the flogging.

You can ask KB. He probably knows.

Rupo don't care about my comments.

I don't know how you can turn an honest comment of concern into a criticism.
Ok maybe a bit harsh, but consistently your focus is on the 19-2 which suggests a personal interest.
Secondly you consistently criticize using u19 in the seniors, and you have year in year out. If those 6 blokes had not played seniors, the seniors probably would have lost. The seniors determine how a club goes. I think 70-80% of senior sides running aroudn nationally would have had juniors playing.Yes everyone wants to enjoy their football, however i am sure plenty of those players from the 19-2 last year who played 19-1 on sat enjoyed it.

Also , do you seriously believe the 19-1 thought they were going to win by 22 goals, and what would you have told the players you would have dropped from the 1s to help out the 2s when they deserved to be there??

Finally if you think Rupo dont care, maybe you should re-read up and down's comments

On Westbourne... what are the chances that this will become an 8 team league this year??

No chance MUF. Have had 30+ on the track the last few weeks. 2007 coach Matt Campbell has returned after a year off due to work committments and brought several of the 2007 runner-up team back with him. The team will take a few weeks to gel, but I would be very surprised if we weren't roundabouts or better come finals time.

Just wondering if we should look into the first round of matches seriously... Last years runners up losing by 10 goals.... 2 other teams losing by 150 odd and none of them being Fitzroy.... Can we really try and pick a top 4 from this?? Thoughts??

No chance MUF. Have had 30+ on the track the last few weeks. 2007 coach Matt Campbell has returned after a year off due to work committments and brought several of the 2007 runner-up team back with him. The team will take a few weeks to gel, but I would be very surprised if we weren't roundabouts or better come finals time.

Good to hear... wouldnt really want to lose another team this year.... btw is your number 8 really U19??? I hear he has a receding hairline

(Log in to remove this ad.)

La Trobe playing Rupertswood under lights this friday night. Should be a good hitout on one of the best grounds in melbourne. How is everyone elses grounds looking? it concerns me that Therry's other ground was worse than the one we played on last week

Tips for this week:

The two big losers from last week come together. It will be welcome relief to one team, and far worse for the other. I'll go with Latrobe for the home ground advantage, by 16 points.

Fitzroy had an extra week to prepare, and their first side notched up a massive 250+ win in North 1, so the talent hopefully filters through to their 2nds this year. Therry were obviously good last week. Will be an interesting game. Going on last week, I can't go past Therry, by 45 points.

ESL had a massive win away, and should be able to keep that momentum going into their first home game against Ivanhoe. Ivanhoe were surprise losers last week, and they'll be looking to hit back, but ESL had a big win and are looking in form. ESL by 5 goals.

OW had a loss last week, while OGs/UBs had a win. If it was at Como Park it would be an easy OGs win...but being out at Westbourne could see them notch their first win of the year. OW by 4 points in a close one.

Good luck to all

Tips for this week:

The two big losers from last week come together. It will be welcome relief to one team, and far worse for the other. I'll go with Latrobe for the home ground advantage, by 16 points.

Fitzroy had an extra week to prepare, and their first side notched up a massive 250+ win in North 1, so the talent hopefully filters through to their 2nds this year. Therry were obviously good last week. Will be an interesting game. Going on last week, I can't go past Therry, by 45 points.

ESL had a massive win away, and should be able to keep that momentum going into their first home game against Ivanhoe. Ivanhoe were surprise losers last week, and they'll be looking to hit back, but ESL had a big win and are looking in form. ESL by 5 goals.

OW had a loss last week, while OGs/UBs had a win. If it was at Como Park it would be an easy OGs win...but being out at Westbourne could see them notch their first win of the year. OW by 4 points in a close one.

Good luck to all

I tipped Therry to beat Fitzroy by plenty, but then I realised their North 1 team has a bye. They would not give their 2nds another week off, and put their north 1 team in to vs Therry would they. Hope not.
I also tipped Emmaus, Old Geelong and La Trobe.

obviously ivanhoe is shit this year. aquinas is gone. rupo will battle because footy is the only thing they have in their shite sorry lives. i guess its an easy premiership for xavs unfortunately.

Tips:

Rupo v Therry - Therry should be way too strong for a very weak Rupo team. Therry by 70
Ivanhoe v Westbourne - Ivanhoe seem to have found some of the form that got them into a grand final last year. Ivanhoe by 40
OGS v Fitzroy - same old story for Fitzroy from last season... and theres no holidays on atm which would mean a full squad for OGS. OGS by 60
Xavs v Emmaus - I think match of the round... Xavs had a good win for there only match so far and Emmaus have had a massive win and only lost to Ivanhoe by 30... im going for Xavs by by 18

Tips:

Rupo v Therry - Therry should be way too strong for a very weak Rupo team. Therry by 70
Ivanhoe v Westbourne - Ivanhoe seem to have found some of the form that got them into a grand final last year. Ivanhoe by 40
OGS v Fitzroy - same old story for Fitzroy from last season... and theres no holidays on atm which would mean a full squad for OGS. OGS by 60
Xavs v Emmaus - I think match of the round... Xavs had a good win for there only match so far and Emmaus have had a massive win and only lost to Ivanhoe by 30... im going for Xavs by by 18

My tip for you is to never tip again

Does anyone know why Ivanhoe and OW have a draw next to their names on the ladder, however the results show a win to OW?
Damo there was no dust-up to speak of so I can only assume it was a mistake on the website's behalf.

OW were just too good for Ivanhoe on the day.

Old Xavs went down to ESL and OW beat Ivanhoe who got up against ESL. I think this season is as tough as any to pick a clear winner, anyone could pinch the flag this year besides Rupey and Fitz.

C'mon, you'd have to say Therry is now a foot ahead of the rest this year...
On the basis of what exactly? Westbourne knocked them off in preseason, and they've won three games two against Rupey and Fitzroy.

Not saying they don't have a chance to win the flag, but it's not as clear cut as you would think which goes back to my point earlier.

Remove this Banner Ad

U19 North 2 (2009)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back