UEFA EURO 2024 (Winners: Spain)

Remove this Banner Ad

Think England did well to get as far as they did tbh. You'd struggle to get a better run to the final.

This probably shows there's a few problems there. They're a decent enough side but like several before them, they're not able to make it count when they need to.

Think England did well to get as far as they did tbh. You'd struggle to get a better run to the final.

This probably shows there's a few problems there. They're a decent enough side but like several before them, they're not able to make it count when they need to.
Same old same old.
Star players can’t make a star team.

England were top 1-2 squads in this tournament but a bottom 3 manager. Look at the players, then look at the performances. They were worse than 4-5 teams and only make the final coz of the draw. I said the quarter final between Spain Germany was the real final the rest was formality

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Southgate had too much faith in Bellingham, Foden and Kane turning around their shit form. Unfortunately for him they stayed a bit shit, should have tried different options earlier in the comp.

Bowen and Eze should have got a bit more of a chance.

Southgate had too much faith in Bellingham, Foden and Kane turning around their shit form. Unfortunately for him they stayed a bit shit, should have tried different options earlier in the comp.

Hard to replace and not trust Bellingham. The guy just came off an incredible campaign. Is even in the Ballon d'Or discussion. Foden also had a great campaign, so I can understand putting faith into them. But Harry Kane is the real issue. Was clearly not fit and not performing. Starting him has cost him a cup and probably his job. Reminded me of him starting in the Champions League final.

Had to sacrifice one. He didn’t.
Always been the problem for these English coaches. Just don’t have the balls or desire to make the team sacrifice ahead of players.
Goes back to playing Gerrard, Lampard and Scholes in the Same midfield with Rooney.

Always thought England would’ve won having Vardy as striker and play him up forward chasing and using his pace. Guess I get shot down every time for suggesting that

Doubt it. Martinez still started Ronaldo didn't he?

Kane won the Golden Boot.
Thoe goals were; A penalty, a 3 metre mostly uncontested header, a 6 metre tap in.

I think he's being treated a little unfairly, and he definitely isn't the entire problem, but the golden boot talk won't run (especially when 5 other players won it too).

Bringing up Martinez is just silly.

I get fans being disappointed at losing, especially back to back finals, but people can really lose sight of how hard it is to win tournaments. There’s a reason a team like Man City keep winning the league but only have 1 champions league. It is one or two moments that end up being the difference. Spain were clearly the best team but they still needed a great goal line clearance to avoid extra time.

England have a very good squad and their record at the last 4 tournaments is very good. If this group don’t win anything it will haunt them but they were a shootout and a late goal away from back to back Euro wins. If they win the next WC or Euros it goes down as their greatest period ever.

The manager and players need to accept some blame that both times they’ve lost to what was a team that outplayed them, but at the same time the fact they keep getting this far shouldn’t just be expected.

Yep, it's not like Southgate didn't have a heap of other options.
Realistically how often do teams do this in international tournaments?

I agree with you and I know in qualifiers/friendlies teams mix around a bit but in a major tournament, big stars are always played. Southgate doing that isn't new.

Thoe goals were; A penalty, a 3 metre mostly uncontested header, a 6 metre tap in.

I think he's being treated a little unfairly, and he definitely isn't the entire problem, but the golden boot talk won't run (especially when 5 other players won it too).

Bringing up Martinez is just silly.
Kane has 5 goals, 2 assists in 19 semi finals and finals in his career. 3 were penalties and one was a rebound from a saved penalty.
So essentially 1 open play goal in 19 games and zero in any of the 6 finals.

World class player with a world class vanishing act in big games.

Remove this Banner Ad

UEFA EURO 2024 (Winners: Spain)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back