UFC 302: Makhachev vs Poirier

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
RIghto we're back this weekend troops for a fun card! Predictions in bold for fun, I think Islam will be too strong for Poirier everywhere, he hasn't been that active lately but I'm sure training his arse off so shouldn't be an issue.

Costa gets beat up but he can always win with a power shot. His head kick game from in close was on point against Whittaker, I think he'll look to land that one as Strickland seems to stay in front of you.

I. Makhachev vs. Dustin Poirier155 lbs
S. Strickland vs. Paulo Costa185 lbs
Kevin Holland vs. M. Oleksiejczuk185 lbs
J. Almeida vs. A. Romanov265 lbs
Randy Brown vs. Elizeu Zaleski170 lbs
Roman Kopylov vs. CĂ©sar Almeida185 lbs
Grant Dawson vs. Joe Solecki155 lbs
Phil Rowe vs. Jake Matthews170 lbs
Niko Price vs. Alex Morono170 lbs
Mickey Gall vs. Bassil Hafez170 lbs
J. Edwards vs. Ailin Perez135 lbs
André Lima vs. Mitch Raposo125 lbs

Damn, thought this was still a while away. Very pleasant surprise!

Makhachev vs. Poirier - Islam's confidence in his striking, which is very good but not on Poirier's level, is the only thing giving me some pause. Still, have to hugely favour Islam to continue the dominance.
Strickland vs. Costa - Bit hopeful here, but I thought we saw a glimpse of the pre-Izzy Costa in the Whittaker fight, and his go-forward style does actually match up well against Strickland.
Holland vs. Oleksiejczuk - Holland should win this comfortably.
Almeida vs. Romanov - Romanov looked like a stud before the Tybura fight, hasn't looked great since, including the latest win. He's a legit HW and a top wrestler though, so will be interesting to see if Almeida can physically dominate him like he does to everyone else.
Brown vs. Zaleski - Really tough one here, both have impressed of late.
Kopylov vs. Almeida - I think the odds are wrong here. Kopylov has a grappling background, but has show little interest in using it in the his MMA career thus far. Almeida has gone the distance with Poatan 3 times in KB, and won one those fights, so standing with him isn't going to end well.
Dawson vs. Solecki
Rowe vs. Matthews - Definitely a winnable fight for Jake.
Price vs. Morono
Gall vs. Hafez
Edwards vs. Perez
Lima
vs. Raposo

Yeah I just want a moment of Poirier backing Islam up against the cage and doing his left right barrage before he goes down. Won't happen but man that would be a moment
Poirier by guillotine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought commentary was bad in AFL, that was the weirdest commentary (pro Rowe) until way at the end, do these guys bet?

Probably first with the busted nose. One judge gave the 30-27 didn't they?
Yeah they did, I was surprised it wasn’t, I think just the range and dimensions of Rowe made him look good…. Might be Aussie bias

Yeah they did, I was surprised it wasn’t, I think just the range and dimensions of Rowe made him look good…. Might be Aussie bias

Oh don't get me wrong mate, IMO Joe and DC together are terrible. Fight on now Joe says "Got it in tight" then the very next second "he's almost out".

He was always going to beat that fat dude up and tap him, why carry on like you won the belt

Makhachev vs. Poirier - Islam's confidence in his striking, which is very good but not on Poirier's level, is the only thing giving me some pause. Still, have to hugely favour Islam to continue the dominance.
Strickland vs. Costa - Bit hopeful here, but I thought we saw a glimpse of the pre-Izzy Costa in the Whittaker fight, and his go-forward style does actually match up well against Strickland.
Almeida vs. Romanov - Romanov looked like a stud before the Tybura fight, hasn't looked great since, including the latest win. He's a legit HW and a top wrestler though, so will be interesting to see if Almeida can physically dominate him like he does to everyone else.
Kopylov vs. Almeida - I think the odds are wrong here. Kopylov has a grappling background, but has show little interest in using it in the his MMA career thus far. Almeida has gone the distance with Poatan 3 times in KB, and won one those fights, so standing with him isn't going to end well.
Dawson vs. Solecki
Price vs. Morono
Gall vs. Hafez
Edwards vs. Perez
Lima
vs. Raposo
100% so far. 6 down, 6 to come.

Dawson vs. Solecki
Price vs. Morono
Gall vs. Hafez
Edwards vs. Perez
Lima
vs. Raposo
100% so far. 6 down, 6 to come.
I jinxed it
backing up homer simpson GIF

Only one page of replies on this thread so far, bit of a surprise, especially given that we are in the middle of footy season, when you would think the bigfooty forum in general would be fairly active.

Islam seems like a near certainty to win this one, and if the past year or two has taught us anything, that means we may be in for a surprise...

Remove this Banner Ad

UFC 302: Makhachev vs Poirier

Remove this Banner Ad

Back