MMA-Other UFC 303

Remove this Banner Ad

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Lots of unknown around this Vegas card at the moment. Should be one of the biggest cards of the year, but the main event doesn't look secure at this stage. Hill v Ulberg is still an interesting match up and Garry v MVP could be a banger.

Anyway, does anyone think McGregor is actually going to fight or has the ship sailed? If it has sailed, who will replace him?

I was pleasantly surprised back in April when they announced Conor's return, I had been one of those people who thought he was probably never going to get back in the octagon, I was happy to be wrong.

nek minit

The last 24 hours or so have been bizarre, I can't tell if people know more than they are letting on, or if they are pretending to know more than they really do.

Ariel Helwani being a case in point, he is claiming to have been given the scoop, but he can't say exactly what it is, he spent 30 minutes going around in circles on this, what a clown show.

I'm hoping it is a contractual dispute and Conor has decided to play hardball in an effort to get out of his contract early.

As in, 'Agree to my new terms or I don't show up for 303'. Would put the UFC in a tough spot when they have left the rest of the card relatively bare, and already began bragging about a record-breaking gate.

I was pleasantly surprised back in April when they announced Conor's return, I had been one of those people who thought he was probably never going to get back in the octagon, I was happy to be wrong.

nek minit

The last 24 hours or so have been bizarre, I can't tell if people know more than they are letting on, or if they are pretending to know more than they really do.

Ariel Helwani being a case in point, he is claiming to have been given the scoop, but he can't say exactly what it is, he spent 30 minutes going around in circles on this, what a clown show.

I'm hoping it is a contractual dispute and Conor has decided to play hardball in an effort to get out of his contract early.

As in, 'Agree to my new terms or I don't show up for 303'. Would put the UFC in a tough spot when they have left the rest of the card relatively bare, and already began bragging about a record-breaking gate.
Ariel is a slimy rat, I doubt anyone has given him any real intel tbh. I think a lot of MMA 'insiders' are trying to look like experts without actually knowing

My guess is this is all about money on Conors side. If it was an injury, they'd seek replacements quickly as to not ruin the card

Rumours of Max/Chandler BMF. Nice fight but not the same feel as hoping Conor gets starched

What does Connor want?
Conor Mcgregor Wtf GIF

nek minit

I don't believe Ariel. I think he's trying to make it seems like he knows more than he does.

Still dont know it was cancelled because of him do we?

Them cancelling it has created more buzz than if it went ahead!
Haha the way coke Conor rambles these days and isn't funny at all your probably right press would have been a disaster

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ariel reporting that the fight is looking unlikely again.

Hard to know if Ariel knows what's going on or if he is just playing it up for views.

Either way the whole situation is bizarre, the event is meant to be 17 days away.

Looks more and more like Conor has decided to punk the UFC in retaliation for not letting him chase $$$ in boxing.

That would explain the instagram post, as in, 'Look, I could be 'injured', trololol'.

If that's what Conor is doing then I say bravo.

Hard to know if Ariel knows what's going on or if he is just playing it up for views.

Either way the whole situation is bizarre, the event is meant to be 17 days away.

Looks more and more like Conor has decided to punk the UFC in retaliation for not letting him chase $$$ in boxing.

Ariel is ****ing pissing me off. If you're not going to tell us what you apparently know, then shut up.

That would explain the instagram post, as in, 'Look, I could be 'injured', trololol'.

If that's what Conor is doing then I say bravo.
I think Conor is trying to strong arm them for more $

If true I've no idea why the UFC doesn't just release a statement explaining that Conor has a valid contract and is expected to fight at 303. Makes him look bad to whatever few fans he has left

The Irish barely like him any more, this isn't 2016 Conor. The show goes on if Max/Volk jumps in, less PPV but way less costs too

I think the fight goes ahead and Chandler ends him

I think Conor is trying to strong arm them for more $

If true I've no idea why the UFC doesn't just release a statement explaining that Conor has a valid contract and is expected to fight at 303. Makes him look bad to whatever few fans he has left

The Irish barely like him any more, this isn't 2016 Conor. The show goes on if Max/Volk jumps in, less PPV but way less costs too

I think the fight goes ahead and Chandler ends him

UFC have paid him 5 million a couple times for fights which is massive unders for someone of his popularity but they generally go any higher then that.

UFC have paid him 5 million a couple times for fights which is massive unders for someone of his popularity but they generally go any higher then that.
$5m if true is still what he signed. I'd suggest he earned way more than that, especially for Khabib.

He also gets his booze brands advertised on shows, I believe that was part of his contract, so the value he got from that via his business far exceeds $5m anyway

$5m if true is still what he signed. I'd suggest he earned way more than that, especially for Khabib.

He also gets his booze brands advertised on shows, I believe that was part of his contract, so the value he got from that via his business far exceeds $5m anyway
1718266845439.png
Majority of his money comes from PPV's... no other UFC fighter would be getting anywhere near the money McGregor does.

Funny how Ariel pretends to be some insider with heaps of knowledge. Never had a sniff Khamzat was out...

Just cryptic "we'll know more today or tomorrow", oh no shit.

I actually think the fights on, which is potentially dumb of me, I just don't see what they're playing at if it's off and not announcing it

Remove this Banner Ad

MMA-Other UFC 303

Remove this Banner Ad

Back