Umpires in perth

Remove this Banner Ad

A few years back someone blamed it on the freemasons. I think we might have abandoned that theory a bit too quickly. I often hear them whispering in the hall next to Subiaco.

images (30).jpg

2017-05-01 21.59.05.jpg

Margetts clearly making the illuminati symbol. Wake up sheeple

Hahaha...thats rolled gold.

In all of the games that have been poorly umpired have you ever seen, even once, the AFL come out use the word 'bias'. That has never happened and never will, irrespective of the circumstances.

Such a weird comment, expecting that to fly
Well your first line was a correct response.
The other 2 made it seem like you took my comment seriously.

Come on, an umpire review taken seriously. No no no.

You want to talk about stress, you want to talk about stress?! I've just stumbled on to a major AFL conspiracy here, how about that for stress? Can we talk about Margetts? I've been dying to talk about Margetts with you all day.

I went back through the last ten years of Eagles players on instagram, twitter, facebook and a bunch of news sites, looking for photos and articles about player weddings. Stay with me here.

This seems unbelievable, but Dean Margetts has been best man at no less than fifteen Eagles weddings. So I think "oh shit, I gotta dig a little deeper!" 15, you gotta be kidding me! So I march my way down to Gillon at AFLHQ and I knock on his door and I say "Gillon! I gotta talk to you about Margetts" and when I open the door what do I find? There's not a single goddamn desk in that office there is.. no.. Gillon at AFLHQ. This competition is a god damn ghost town.

You want to talk about stress, you want to talk about stress?! I've just stumbled on to a major AFL conspiracy here, how about that for stress? Can we talk about Margetts? I've been dying to talk about Margetts with you all day.

I went back through the last ten years of Eagles players on instagram, twitter, facebook and a bunch of news sites, looking for photos and articles about player weddings. Stay with me here.

This seems unbelievable, but Dean Margetts has been best man at no less than fifteen Eagles weddings. So I think "oh shit, I gotta dig a little deeper!" 15, you gotta be kidding me! So I march my way down to Gillon at AFLHQ and I knock on his door and I say "Gillon! I gotta talk to you about Margetts" and when I open the door what do I find? There's not a single goddamn desk in that office there is.. no.. Gillon at AFLHQ. This competition is a god damn ghost town.

Thats already been put down. He was never a best man but is a mate of Dean Cox and attended his wedding.

No problem being a mate, not a crime yet but it does lead to a potential conflict of interest.

That is something the AFL needs to be avoiding but it has always refused to acknowledge any conflicts of interest

Have you ever seen Gillon and Margetts in the same place at the same time

Think about it

Thats already been put down. He was never a best man but is a mate of Dean Cox and attended his wedding.

No problem being a mate, not a crime yet but it does lead to a potential conflict of interest.

That is something the AFL needs to be avoiding but it has always refused to acknowledge any conflicts of interest
He's a Freo fan though so the conflicts of interest balance out surely.

He's a Freo fan though so the conflicts of interest balance out surely.

Yeah no he isn't.

That has as much credibility as the best man bulldust.

Added to that, conflicts of interest just do not balance out. Any potential conflict of interest is just something that has to be avoided.

An example of that are the rules surrounding conflicts of interest for state public servants. It is a requirement for any 'real or apparent' conflict of interest to be managed by removing the person from any decision making capacity and any decision made where the decision maker has a either a 'real or apparent' conflict of interest is to be treated as misconduct. It may in fact be criminal conduct if the decision maker responds to to that conflict (Eddie Obeid, anyone)

Yet for the AFL its business as usual. The AFL is in no danger of being regarded as an ethical organisation or one in any danger of being tainted with integrity.

You may want to ask yourself why you should be held to a higher standard than a national organisation and that would be a very good question.

Personally, we should not be using any local umpires for local teams and we should never allow umpires with any links to teams to officiate at their games I would include in that any umpires with any links to Freo...even if Pav decided to become an umpire for example.

Yeah no he isn't.

That has as much credibility as the best man bulldust.

Added to that, conflicts of interest just do not balance out. Any potential conflict of interest is just something that has to be avoided.

An example of that are the rules surrounding conflicts of interest for state public servants. It is a requirement for any 'real or apparent' conflict of interest to be managed by removing the person from any decision making capacity and any decision made where the decision maker has a either a 'real or apparent' conflict of interest is to be treated as misconduct. It may in fact be criminal conduct if the decision maker responds to to that conflict (Eddie Obeid, anyone)

Yet for the AFL its business as usual. The AFL is in no danger of being regarded as an ethical organisation or one in any danger of being tainted with integrity.

You may want to ask yourself why you should be held to a higher standard than a national organisation and that would be a very good question.

Personally, we should not be using any local umpires for local teams and we should never allow umpires with any links to teams to officiate at their games I would include in that any umpires with any links to Freo...even if Pav decided to become an umpire for example.
Margetts is definitely a Freo supporter mate

Margetts is definitely a Freo supporter mate

Ok he's best man at 15 eagles weddings as well then :drunk:

Even if he was a Freo supporter, and that is utterly absurd given how he umpires our games, would you still agree he shouldn't be umpiring games that involve a team he supposedly supports?

All I can see is you avoiding the issue and throwing in a known furfy as camouflage. Lets get back to the facts and discuss avoiding the obvious conflicts of interests instead of making up stuff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Transperth trolling West Coast.

Transperth_Events_-_2017-05-11_06.26.42.png

I meant it will be interesting to the neutrals who are obsessed with umpiring and free kick counts

Oh dear god, I pity the main board mods who will have to go through the game day thread

Even if he was a Freo supporter, and that is utterly absurd given how he umpires our games, would you still agree he shouldn't be umpiring games that involve a team he supposedly supports?

I agree with that, I don't think any Umpire would sacrifice integrity for the team they support/hate, but being beyong reproach is essential for the professionalism of the game.

And who knows - maybe it will help some conspiracy minded big footy posters piece their lives back together.

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpires in perth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back