Umpiring

Are they?

• Yes

Votes: 52 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • They will until this group has officially been broken, Hardwick aint Coach and Gale isn't CEO

Votes: 36 34.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I like how Pickett and Dusty got done for holding the ball when they had a split second to dispose of the ball but Gulden can duck (was called a duck correctly, that is also your prior opportunity) but then get out of the tackle and sit on the ground for 5 seconds sooking, then gets tackled again and it's not holding the ball.

I also like how anyone who plays Richmond is no longer required to dispose of the ball legally. Throws are fine especially right near goal.

What I really enjoy is something from last week. Apparently you can punch a Richmond player in the face right infont of the umpires, bad enough to get suspended but not have the free paid against and cost your team a goal.

Seems legit.

I like how Pickett and Dusty got done for holding the ball when they had a split second to dispose of the ball but Gulden can duck (was called a duck correctly, that is also your prior opportunity) but then get out of the tackle and sit on the ground for 5 seconds sooking, then gets tackled again and it's not holding the ball.

I also like how anyone who plays Richmond is no longer required to dispose of the ball legally. Throws are fine especially right near goal.

What I really enjoy is something from last week. Apparently you can punch a Richmond player in the face right infont of the umpires, bad enough to get suspended but not have the free paid against and cost your team a goal.

Seems legit.
They really hate Pickett.

Umps last night in the 1st, 3rd and 4th were just guessing at decisions. Absolute lottery.

Even we got frees at times that weren't there.
Any free we get we will take, as we don’t get to many lol.

Umps last night in the 1st, 3rd and 4th were just guessing at decisions. Absolute lottery.

Even we got frees at times that weren't there.
we are better umpired when it rains as they get on heat and cant cheat as much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah they never really got back to the club on the proof.

Biggest scam in AFL history, just swept under the carpet. I pretty much know for fact now, that the call was made with the wrong intentions.
Where does knowledge of fact come from?

Still waiting for the vision from Lynchs goal last year....

Illness rules Martin out of Lions clash
Roy Ward, with AAP

The sides will clash for the first time since last September’s elimination final thriller, when an opportunistic Joe Daniher toe-poke goal was the difference in a two-point win that featured 17 lead changes.

Tom Lynch thought he’d sealed victory for the visitors moments earlier, but his goal was overruled on review when replays suggested it had flicked the post.

When I read this in the Age before the Brisbane game, I emailed the campaigner to ask if he has actually seen this replay!!!???

No reply of course. The Age has gone to the dogs and Roy Ward is an amateur...

Did everyone know you can now handball with one hand?
Take a look at the Tylar Young highlights video on the Tigs website. At the 28 second mark, wraps up Buddy good and proper, and Buddy incorrectly disposes of the ball, but of course the ump calls play on. Buddy stops dead and calls for a free. Must be ingrained in the oppo now to expect a free coming their way.
p.s. loved seeing Buddy get towelled up by the young fella.

Take a look at the Tylar Young highlights video on the Tigs website. At the 28 second mark, wraps up Buddy good and proper, and Buddy incorrectly disposes of the ball, but of course the ump calls play on. Buddy stops dead and calls for a free. Must be ingrained in the oppo now to expect a free coming their way.
p.s. loved seeing Buddy get towelled up by the young fella.
This is the one I am talking about. Not sure on the timestamp, but it happened a second time during that game. 1 handed handballs, outlawed in the game. *Except against Richmond

Seems legit.
This one frustrated the everliving shit out of me. Once Gulden ducked there goes his prior opportunity.

The rules are extremely clear on this. That was a textbook holding the ball and would've resulted in just about the sealing goal rather than the margin being under a kick for the next few mins before JGTI stepped up.

What's the point of 4 umpires if none of them can call this??? It's either utter incompetence in them not knowing the rules or they decided to not pay it as it would've resulted in a Richmond goal. Either way it's just dogshit adjudication.

Adding on to this is the commentary. I don't know how much they're getting paid but not one of them said it should've been called holding the ball and was almost a sliding doors moment. They have access to the umpires microphones same as us, and would've heard the ump say that Gulden ducked hence why it wasn't paid high. Again, either utter incompetent commentating or they're being told to not mention clear missed free kicks (although they don't seem to mind calling them out anytime Buddy goes near the ball).

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpiring

Back