U19 Under 19's North Divison 1

Remove this Banner Ad

they did not match us at all the feel of the game was that we had it under control from the word go and we understood wat a qaulity opposition they were and they are a qaulity team but i do doubt they will win many matches teams like fitzroy and bulleen are leaps and bounds in front of OEG. Also our CHF had a very good game but he is by no way near our best playa we have many best playas that get there job done week in week out and again we find this topic of being tuff and soft can we plz stop it cose its getting really old and i really dont think that anyone cares anymore, its all about who wins and looses and for all those UNEDUCATED??? people that tipped against well yet again we showed u that we are up for the challenge. And continue tipping against us cose we luv it.

few problems with this post,

1. If you are going to pay out on uneducated people write properly ya tossa.

2. Is there a hint of jealosy that your CHF had a good game and maybe not someone else such as yourself ?

3. Ill put the tip in early because after playing against you blokes and knowing a bit about Ivanhoe my tip for the, Match of the Round, is Ivanhoe pretty comfortably.

why are you going through someones post picking on every detail? do you get pleasure from that? by the way if you know us from experiance you obviously didn't win so are in no position to be paying out on teams that are better than yours.

few problems with this post,

1. If you are going to pay out on uneducated people write properly ya tossa.

2. Is there a hint of jealosy that your CHF had a good game and maybe not someone else such as yourself ?

3. Ill put the tip in early because after playing against you blokes and knowing a bit about Ivanhoe my tip for the, Match of the Round, is Ivanhoe pretty comfortably.

well said, totally agree. with your tip, why do you think Ivanhoe will win comfortably?

just had another look at the results from the w/e and noticed that fitzroy knocked off manningham but 121 pts! having played both sides i tipped fitzroy to win but didnt expect it to be that big. anyone got any ideas as to why this was the case? was manningham missing anyone or did fitzroy add some more blokes, or was it simply a case of fitzroy outplaying manningham?

manningham are just shit there's not much difference between winning by 10 goals or 20, it just depends on the team on the day and if one team packs it up at quater time.

well said, totally agree. with your tip, why do you think Ivanhoe will win comfortably?

Ivanhoe will easily match banyules so called "hardness" and will just have to many classy players. Hopefully they have their stock standard side as they have had so far for this season and not lose blokes to seniors or injury because at this point in time you would have to say they are the favourites for the flag.

I give Banyule a good chance. I have seen them a few times this year and they come across as a very discipline team who pay respect to the opposition. I agree with 'ohh you beauty' that Ivanhoe will be more skillful and probably bigger and stronger, but I think banyule will realise the enormity of the task and if they stick to their guns might frustrate an Ivanhoe which has not played a tight game for a year and a half. Thats not a dig at Ivanhoe, but the reality is they havent had to fight out four quarters all year.
Even though many on this forum percieve banyule as arrogant, they play a humble brand of footy and are probably the first out of any one to admit they arent the most slick team in the competition. I think they are just condfident that all of their team mates will work hard for the whole game.
After saying all this, Ivanhoes results prove they are the best team and I think they'll win, but it will be a cracker of a game

Ivanhoe are by far better than Banyule. Ivanhoe have far more talent and i think they will win by more than 5 goals. Banyule's defence wont be able to match the fire power up front for Ivanhoe.

i think after this match, Banyule will finally realise they need to step up to meet their so called "hardness".

should be a cracker game.

goodluck thecave and yulas.

I give Banyule a good chance. I have seen them a few times this year and they come across as a very discipline team who pay respect to the opposition. I agree with 'ohh you beauty' that Ivanhoe will be more skillful and probably bigger and stronger, but I think banyule will realise the enormity of the task and if they stick to their guns might frustrate an Ivanhoe which has not played a tight game for a year and a half. Thats not a dig at Ivanhoe, but the reality is they havent had to fight out four quarters all year.
Even though many on this forum percieve banyule as arrogant, they play a humble brand of footy and are probably the first out of any one to admit they arent the most slick team in the competition. I think they are just condfident that all of their team mates will work hard for the whole game.
After saying all this, Ivanhoes results prove they are the best team and I think they'll win, but it will be a cracker of a game

best post for the year, we no what a challenge we have ahead and just like heath said we are going to stick to our hard brand of footy and hope thats enough because we know we are not as talented as other sides but i think there are a few jeleous people in this forum who persist on putting us down and i hope we make a good game of it to prove you all wrong.
also i believe our strongest part of the ground is a backline and i do strongly believe that they are up for the challenge and will be able to deal with there so called 'fire power'

just had another look at the results from the w/e and noticed that fitzroy knocked off manningham but 121 pts! having played both sides i tipped fitzroy to win but didnt expect it to be that big. anyone got any ideas as to why this was the case? was manningham missing anyone or did fitzroy add some more blokes, or was it simply a case of fitzroy outplaying manningham?

nah just owned them for 4 quarters
eventhough manningham had good patches of play they didnt have the fitness to use up all of vic park...fitzroy did and played excellent footy

best post for the year, we no what a challenge we have ahead and just like heath said we are going to stick to our hard brand of footy and hope thats enough because we know we are not as talented as other sides but i think there are a few jeleous people in this forum who persist on putting us down and i hope we make a good game of it to prove you all wrong.
also i believe our strongest part of the ground is a backline and i do strongly believe that they are up for the challenge and will be able to deal with there so called 'fire power'

I'm hoping that the Banyule boys can roll Ivanhoe. i think as yulas said they have a task on their hands but i don't doubt for a second that they aren't capable of knocking ivanhoe off. it'll be a nice clear day and the game should truly show the potential of both teams but i really would love to see Banyule get up. these guys talk smack but continue to win and i reckon their yapping will get up the goat of the ivanhoe boys. They're going to have to play disciplined footy like they did against trinity and try and outmuscle and bussle the well oiled ivanhoe machine. it's going to be a classic match but the best thing for the competition would be a banyule win and a hard fought one at that. the way banyule present themselves as a team is intimidating to any side and i believe they haven't reached their full potential. every week from training and match practice the banyule boys skills will get better and this is would be probably the only thing stopping them going all the way this year, so as the year progresses i'm betting they will too which will make other sides wary! that being said good luck to both teams, should be great. can't wait to see the result of this one! bw2.

I'm hoping that the Banyule boys can roll Ivanhoe. i think as yulas said they have a task on their hands but i don't doubt for a second that they aren't capable of knocking ivanhoe off. it'll be a nice clear day and the game should truly show the potential of both teams but i really would love to see Banyule get up. these guys talk smack but continue to win and i reckon their yapping will get up the goat of the ivanhoe boys. They're going to have to play disciplined footy like they did against trinity and try and outmuscle and bussle the well oiled ivanhoe machine. it's going to be a classic match but the best thing for the competition would be a banyule win and a hard fought one at that. the way banyule present themselves as a team is intimidating to any side and i believe they haven't reached their full potential. every week from training and match practice the banyule boys skills will get better and this is would be probably the only thing stopping them going all the way this year, so as the year progresses i'm betting they will too which will make other sides wary! that being said good luck to both teams, should be great. can't wait to see the result of this one! bw2.

fair call but i doubt banyules talk will get to the ivanhoe blokes as teams have already tried (and failed) to get under their skin. also, i'm sure that banyules skills will improve as the season progresses, but so will everyone elses!

interesting chat on the banyule boys. had seen that young sammy leetham played with the under 19s on the weekend? any news on how he went and whether he will play in the seniors again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

interesting chat on the banyule boys. had seen that young sammy leetham played with the under 19s on the weekend? any news on how he went and whether he will play in the seniors again?

good player, kid went well on saturday but it was against the bottom side which probably doesn't give the best indication on how hes going, but i would say at the rate the seniors are going you would have to have him pencilled in, as they are getting flogged each week.

p.s clune dont you play for old trinity?

had seen that young sammy leetham played with the under 19s on the weekend? any news on how he went and whether he will play in the seniors again?

From the rumours floating around, I heard that Sam tore it up on the w/e clune. Apparently he was just bouncing, running around people, and shaking tackles; making the raiders look like fools. Went all the way from the middle once and kicked a few goals even, as the results displayed. Are the selection committee down at OT relying on these comments clune? ps

From the rumours floating around, I heard that Sam tore it up on the w/e clune. Apparently he was just bouncing, running around people, and shaking tackles; making the raiders look like fools. Went all the way from the middle once and kicked a few goals even, as the results displayed. Are the selection committee down at OT relying on these comments clune? ps

no doubt the kid went well, dunno if the hype can be that big though seeing as how parade havent won a game, on a different note a new kid stepped up goes by the name of bear, surprisingly did well, has a bit of dash and is a go'er, lacks a bit in skill but isnt scared to have a crack

sam leetham is an absolute gun. was very stiff not to make the victorian squad. superb skills, lovely mover, just glides across the ground. from what i heard on the weekend he did actually tear it up. kicked a few goals and was breaking tackles left right and center. no doubt he will be back up into the seniors in no time.

time for a new topic,

Has there been any inclusions to the middle range teams that could be a factor getting into the top four. i.e has carey, fitzroy, camberwell or bulleen picked up any blokes who they havent had for the first 5 or so games that could help the teams win in those close games?

ROUND 8:

OLD CAREY VS FITZROY REDS:
This should prove to be an interesting game I think. There both pretty even teams on paper and on the ladder. The thing that I believe have Old Carey as winners for me is that a) They are playing at home. b) They are higher on the ladder than Fitzroy. If it is a dry day it should be a good game none the less. Having said that, Fitzroy came off an absolute smashing of the Sharks last week and will be working hard for another solid performance. The danger man for Fitzroy would have to be Borland after his 7/25 goal performance last week. Can't say any danger men from Old Carey as the vafa haven't put their best up but Macready-Bryan will have to watched closely again. OLD CAREY BY 15 POINTS.

OLD IVANHOE VS BANYULE/VIEWBANK: *MATCH OF THE ROUND*
This will be an absolute belter of a game. Players and watchers are in for a solid game down at Chelsworth. Having played at Chelsworth last week, the ground was not that bad in dry conditions. If it is dry on Saturday then Ivanhoe I believe will get over the top of a hard hitting, physical banyule side but if its wet expect an upset as banyule, I believe perform better in the wet. It really comes down to Ivanhoes skills vs Banyules hardness. Key players for Ivanhoe will be Diorietes. Has polled well in the best in a number of games this year. For banyule, fresh from his 9 goal haul last week, Dunnachie will need close attention. Even with Greer possibly playing seniors again this week Ivanhoe are still a superior team and the benchmark in the competition. IVANHOE BY 20 POINTS.

OLD ESSENDON VS OLD PARADIANS:
Both of these teams are coming off 10 goal thumpings on the weekend and both will be looking to earn some respect back from the competition. I actually rate Old Essendon this year as they were such a solid team last year but are just struggling to get it all together. Playing at OEG they do have a home team advantage. At home they just look to strong over an under performing paradian side. Not too sure who the inform players for OEG but from Paradians peformance last week, OEG will need to monitor the influence of Doherty and Moleta. Both good players. OLD ESSENDON BY 30 POINTS.

OLD TRINITY VS OLD CAMBERWELL:
Another cracker of a game this weekend. Just missed out on my match of the round but will be enjoyable none the less. Old Camberwell will appreciate the beauty and fine surface that is the Hudson Oval down at bulleen as opposed to the garbage that they play on over at Gordon Barnard reserve. There is a lot of rivalry between these 2 teams, dating back to the school games in the AGSV. Set for a big crowd also with the seniors playing right next door. A massive out for the boys in green and gold is Rob Humann. Old Camberwell have dodged a massive bullet with Humann not playing as he is easily one of the best players in the competition. Trinity do however have plenty of depth and plenty of players which are starting to find some excellent form further into the season. Old Camberwell as well are starting to find some form and some of the more experienced players playing well are stringing together some good efforts. Key players for Old Trinity include Howell, Jessop and Leetham (if they don't play seniors), Robertson and Bear. Key players for Old Camberwell are Hudson and Cramer. I bet Old Camberwell are missing the class of Partington to the seniors but it should be a cracking game none the less. The matchup of Howell and Cramer is mouthwarting. Cousins going at it, classic! OLD TRINITY BY 25 POINTS.

MANNINGHAM SHARKS VS BULLEEN TEMPLESTOWE:
Manningham are coming off an absolute smashing last week by Banyule and will struggle again this week against Bulleen Temp. Still don't count them out. I really have no idea about these teams good players as I have hardly seen any of them play. And I'm also very tired and need to go to bed. BULLEEN TEMPLESTOWE BY 50 POINTS.

Good luck to all games this weekend. Should be another solid week weather wise, so hopefully all games are enjoyable and hopefully your team comes out on top.HERNIA_KING

Hernia King....always going for the safe tips, however i believe this week will be the round of a few upsets. Mid-season the shackles are about to come off...

Camberwell will upset old trinity. If Humann is to miss, as you claim, Trinity really lack strength and a special presence. Camberwell is underestimated and simply had an off weak last round against Carey. Camb by 18 points

Banyule will give Ivanhoe a shake I believe. I know there is something special in order planned. But Ivanhoe will still bring home the bacon, only just. Ivanhoe by 10points

No one really cares about the other games but i guess i have to do all tips.

Carey are pretty ordinary really, just on a good run, all playing momentum footy. In the same mould so are Fitzroy. 115 point smacking and this week they will dispose of Old Fairies by 30 points...at least.

Bulleen Temp will treat Manningham with contempt...Bulleen Templestowe by 30+ points

Finally in the match of the round (that no one cares about...) Old Paradians will not get there first win of the year, but will be close, in the dirtiest, roughest, worst game of football of the year. Essendon by 16 points

That's all folks....

ROUND 8:

OLD CAREY VS FITZROY REDS:
This should prove to be an interesting game I think. There both pretty even teams on paper and on the ladder. The thing that I believe have Old Carey as winners for me is that a) They are playing at home. b) They are higher on the ladder than Fitzroy. If it is a dry day it should be a good game none the less. Having said that, Fitzroy came off an absolute smashing of the Sharks last week and will be working hard for another solid performance. The danger man for Fitzroy would have to be Borland after his 7/25 goal performance last week. Can't say any danger men from Old Carey as the vafa haven't put their best up but Macready-Bryan will have to watched closely again. OLD CAREY BY 15 POINTS.

Not bad at all HK got the same tips although im gonna tip fitzroy in an upset.

Remove this Banner Ad

U19 Under 19's North Divison 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back