U19 Under 19's North Divison 1

Remove this Banner Ad

yulas if you had have done your research you would have realised that old trinity were without their 3 best players in coulsen-hoffacker, jessop and pacconi. all 3 were playing seniors and both hoffacker and pacconi were state players and they also didn't play when you played old trinity in those awful conditions and i would put those 2 plus jessop ahead of any of your 6 players anyday.

I have come to the conclusion now that any one who trash talks on this forum is probably a really shit football player and trys to make up for it by being hard on this forum. I saw all three game: banyule v trinity, ivanhoe v banyule, ivanhoe v trinity. There is no way that any one who was properly involved in those games would be so petty as to come on here and be the tough guy. So please note this comment is not directed at the teams as i have seen them all play and do not question how tough they all are. It's directed at idiots which write on this forum and provide no insight or information or opionion other than 'We'lL flipping sMaSh yA!'

Does anyone who's played Bulleen reckon that they are improving or just staying at about the same level?
do you think they'll push for top 4 in the second half of the season?
HT08

I think it's time for tips. Here are my thoughts for the upcoming round:

Old Ivanhoe vs Old Trinity - Match of the round
Ivanhoe look tough to beat, however Trinity should provide more of a challenge then Banyule. OI by 20 pts.

Fitzroy Reds vs Old Camberwell
Fitzroy appear to be the inform side in the competition and should be able to knock off a Camberwell outfit that is still reeling from a 101 pt smashing. Fitzroy by 30 pts

Banyule/Viewbank vs Old Paradians
Banyule should bounce back from their embarrassing lose to OI, with a win against cellar dwellers parade. Banyule by 50+ pts

Manningham vs Old Essendon
Should be a good match between the 8th and 9th placed teams. Manningham to win 10 pts

Bulleen Templestowe vs Old Carey
Another good match, however Bulleen's home ground advantage should get them over the line. Bulleen by 20 pts

Looks like i was right on the money. Surprised to see that Bulleen/Temp won by 38 pts though. Any reason for this?

After all teams have had a chance at playing each other once.
Who is everyone's tip for leading Goal Kicker as that's all the statistics that the VAFA website gives us.

Or even a favourite from each club....

MOST DANGEROUS FOWARDS.....

HT08

Well time for a mid season review .

How about we do a mid-season review when it is the middle of the season...
What are your thoughts on the year so far guys?

A few of my thoughts:
Ivanhoe: Good solid, tough team. Look the goods atm, and would be odds on favourite to take out the premiership. Solid, fit team which covers the ground well in all positions.
Trinity: Strong backline, who are def the second best team in the comp. Good running team, who should see Ivanhoe in the granny barring any errors. Can be susceptible to pressure, with an interesting forward set up.
Banyule: Solid team who are talking the talk but often seem to not walk the walk. Tough team, who work for each other well. Sydney Swans like.
The rest: fairly similar, just not competitive enough. Soft at it really, give some of the big boys some competition and will fight it out for fourth spot. Not enough depth unfortunately. Look to next season if you don't make the 4.

Crawf999

How about we do a mid-season review when it is the middle of the season...
What are your thoughts on the year so far guys?

A few of my thoughts:
Ivanhoe: Good solid, tough team. Look the goods atm, and would be odds on favourite to take out the premiership. Solid, fit team which covers the ground well in all positions.
Trinity: Strong backline, who are def the second best team in the comp. Good running team, who should see Ivanhoe in the granny barring any errors. Can be susceptible to pressure, with an interesting forward set up.
Banyule: Solid team who are talking the talk but often seem to not walk the walk. Tough team, who work for each other well. Sydney Swans like.
The rest: fairly similar, just not competitive enough. Soft at it really, give some of the big boys some competition and will fight it out for fourth spot. Not enough depth unfortunately. Look to next season if you don't make the 4.

Crawf999

do you think it's fair for people to criticise the whole team for the comments coming from a few individuals.
There's no proof that these people even play at the club so saying things like that banyule are arrogant and talking themselves up; why don't you think back to when you played them. Have you had any indescretions with the team?
i think that all the games that Banyule have played in this year have been in the right spirit and with the right attitude; any comments made on this site are only from individuals and not from a team perspective; so instead of rating the teams performance from what is typed on this forum; why not look at the results and see that they are currently the equal second best team in the competition.

HT08

ROUND 10 TIPS

OLD ESSENDON vs FITZROY REDS (ESSENDON GRAMMAR SCHOOL)
Good game to open Round 10. As I said last week, OEG are the most disappointing team in the competition and won't get any better in the 2nd half of the season. Will fight it out with Paradians and the Sharks for relegation. Fitzroy started the season poorly also but, to their credit, are finding some good form beating Old Camberwell last week who I probably would have had 5th, fighting off for 4th. Fitzroy now though, absolutely deserve their spot of 4th on the ladder. This weekend should be another good test for them and they should account for an extremely disappointing OEG at Essendon's home.

FITZROY REDS by 30 points.

OLD TRINITY vs OLD CAREY (MARLES PLAYING FIELD)
Trinity tested Old Ivanhoe last week and came off not that bad, only going down by 21 points at Ivanhoe's home ground. Humann went down injured and didn't play at all in the 2nd half which was a big loss and Trinity were leading at 3 qtr time. Trinity still have plenty of depth with a few of their boys playing seniors. They welcome young ruckman in Lachlan O'Keefe who is down at Collingwood after switching from soccer. Old Carey gave Trinity a decent run for their money a few weeks back and Trinity were very lucky to get over the line against their Neighbours. The X factor for Old Carey continues to be Thomas Macready-Bryan, who is leading the competition for goals, a terrific effort considering the size of the young man. Trinity will take the honours however this weekend against a competitive bunch of Carey boys.

OLD TRINITY by 40 points.

OLD PARADIANS vs OLD IVANHOE (NAUGHTIN OVAL)
Old Ivanhoe proved last week they are the best team in the competition and after playing every team are undefeated and look set for an extremely strong finals campaign. Alex
Diorietes was their best last week and is probably leading their B&F, will need to be tagged but looking at their opposition Paradians won't have anyone that will be remotely influential on him or the game. I'm tipping Old Ivanhoe to absolutely smash the shit out of Old Paradians who lost by 20+ goals last week to 3rd placed Banyule and Old Ivanhoe smashed them by 100 points. So if I do the maths and I'm not the greatest mathematician, Ivanhoe should win by over 200 points haha.

IVANHOE by 200 points.

MANNINGHAM SHARKS vs OLD CAMBERWELL. (STINTONS RESERVE)
Manningham are coming off a really important win for them last week, defeating an extremely disappointing OEG. I really don't want the Sharks to be relegated, they are a young team and are getting experience every game they play. OEG deserve to be relegated due to the crap that they are dishing out at the moment, need to pick up their game significantly to avoid possible relegation also. Time to get off OEG for a moment and focus on Old Camberwell. Have rated them highly this season, thought they would be sitting 5th or 6th come this period of the season but a few costly loses and smashing's have them sitting 7th. Need to find some form come the 2nd half of the season which I know they are capable of. Huddo, Cramer and Le Cerf all need to lift and when they do so will their team. I'm going to tip them away this weekend. Should be a good even contest.

OLD CAMBERWELL by 19 points.

BANYULE/VIEWBANK vs BULLEEN TEMPLESTOWE (TED AJANI RESERVE)
Banyule hit back at critics, including me last week, absolutely demolishing 16th placed Paradians by over 150 points! They won't find Bulleen much better opponents than what was dished out to them last week and should smash Bulleen Temp by over 50 points. Banyule have some good luck coming their way also, coming off an excellent % booster last week they are set for another massive boost in their %, which, if Trinity lose 1-2 games in the 2nd half (there's a small % probability of that happening) of the season may be enough to push Banyule 2nd on the ladder underneath Ivanhoe. No doubt we will hear the Banyule boys complaining of the surface that is Ted Ajani Reserve, and they have a right too, it's probably the worst ground going around in the VAFA, especially in the under 19's.

BANYULE/VIEWBANK by 100 points.

HK

Not an amazing round of football to speak of. I am under the pump to restart my weekly post from some keen readers but those will have to wait until I finish my exam tomorrow (sorry loyal fans). Just a quick note, despite a few big outs for Trinity (including the best full back in the league Robbo, and the silky Leetham) there is a couple of big ins as noted by HK including Keefe, the Herminator, Beggs and of course the big named star in Coulson-Hoffacker. Will find themselves suiting a different but no weaker side on the park, and the flashy experience of Coulson will be telling as I predict he will kick at least a handful of goals, and 40+ possessions, if Carey want to be in with a sniff they will have to play at least two players holding the jocks of Coulson. nonetheless, i will endeavour to write more about the other games if i get the time/can be bothered. well done to ivanhoe on beating trinity on the weekend, top side who would think are a shoe-in for the grand final, whether they win it or not will be decided between banyule, trinity and perhaps another form side come finals time. bw2.

ROUND 10 TIPS

OLD ESSENDON vs FITZROY REDS (ESSENDON GRAMMAR SCHOOL)
Good game to open Round 10. As I said last week, OEG are the most disappointing team in the competition and won't get any better in the 2nd half of the season. Will fight it out with Paradians and the Sharks for relegation. Fitzroy started the season poorly also but, to their credit, are finding some good form beating Old Camberwell last week who I probably would have had 5th, fighting off for 4th. Fitzroy now though, absolutely deserve their spot of 4th on the ladder. This weekend should be another good test for them and they should account for an extremely disappointing OEG at Essendon's home.

FITZROY REDS by 30 points.

OLD TRINITY vs OLD CAREY (MARLES PLAYING FIELD)
Trinity tested Old Ivanhoe last week and came off not that bad, only going down by 21 points at Ivanhoe's home ground. Humann went down injured and didn't play at all in the 2nd half which was a big loss and Trinity were leading at 3 qtr time. Trinity still have plenty of depth with a few of their boys playing seniors. They welcome young ruckman in Lachlan O'Keefe who is down at Collingwood after switching from soccer. Old Carey gave Trinity a decent run for their money a few weeks back and Trinity were very lucky to get over the line against their Neighbours. The X factor for Old Carey continues to be Thomas Macready-Bryan, who is leading the competition for goals, a terrific effort considering the size of the young man. Trinity will take the honours however this weekend against a competitive bunch of Carey boys.

OLD TRINITY by 40 points.

OLD PARADIANS vs OLD IVANHOE (NAUGHTIN OVAL)
Old Ivanhoe proved last week they are the best team in the competition and after playing every team are undefeated and look set for an extremely strong finals campaign. Alex Diorietes was their best last week and is probably leading their B&F, will need to be tagged but looking at their opposition Paradians won't have anyone that will be remotely influential on him or the game. I'm tipping Old Ivanhoe to absolutely smash the shit out of Old Paradians who lost by 20+ goals last week to 3rd placed Banyule and Old Ivanhoe smashed them by 100 points. So if I do the maths and I'm not the greatest mathematician, Ivanhoe should win by over 200 points haha.

IVANHOE by 200 points.

MANNINGHAM SHARKS vs OLD CAMBERWELL. (STINTONS RESERVE)
Manningham are coming off a really important win for them last week, defeating an extremely disappointing OEG. I really don't want the Sharks to be relegated, they are a young team and are getting experience every game they play. OEG deserve to be relegated due to the crap that they are dishing out at the moment, need to pick up their game significantly to avoid possible relegation also. Time to get off OEG for a moment and focus on Old Camberwell. Have rated them highly this season, thought they would be sitting 5th or 6th come this period of the season but a few costly loses and smashing's have them sitting 7th. Need to find some form come the 2nd half of the season which I know they are capable of. Huddo, Cramer and Le Cerf all need to lift and when they do so will their team. I'm going to tip them away this weekend. Should be a good even contest.

OLD CAMBERWELL by 19 points.

BANYULE/VIEWBANK vs BULLEEN TEMPLESTOWE (TED AJANI RESERVE)
Banyule hit back at critics, including me last week, absolutely demolishing 16th placed Paradians by over 150 points! They won't find Bulleen much better opponents than what was dished out to them last week and should smash Bulleen Temp by over 50 points. Banyule have some good luck coming their way also, coming off an excellent % booster last week they are set for another massive boost in their %, which, if Trinity lose 1-2 games in the 2nd half (there's a small % probability of that happening) of the season may be enough to push Banyule 2nd on the ladder underneath Ivanhoe. No doubt we will hear the Banyule boys complaining of the surface that is Ted Ajani Reserve, and they have a right too, it's probably the worst ground going around in the VAFA, especially in the under 19's.

BANYULE/VIEWBANK by 100 points.

HK
My tips: Fitzroy = 40 pts
Fitzroy seem to have good depth in the midfield able to bring good plyers form the bench. Good discipline building defensive walls whne they go inside 50. Great at stoppages (not centre clearances) No 4 bullocking strong type who loves to take on the opposition.
13 dimond? flashy and great user of the ball - stays oustide from stoppages and receives and sues well - must run with to negate.
3 Borland? not supertall but strong body and hands - kicks it well - does the double back lead very well do not underestimate. jsut a few that i noticed.

Old Trinity= 60 pts
Far to much depth and already well covered in earlier posts
Old Carey are limited to a few good players - they love to isolate the quick small forward - who is very good - his space has to be taken or pressure midfield to restrict his speed. No 1 Arthur? very quick but inand out of it.13 (i think) good player athletic dark hai -tries hard to be tough and can play.Not enough depth to win.

Old Ivanhoe = 100 pts
Don't know much about either accept from these forums - one sided I suggest.

Old Camberwell = 24 pts
Manningham have improved and have been up for a few weeks but do not have the depth to overcome Old Camberwell who have underperformed recently.

Banyule = 18pts
Bulleen temp good spirit and very competitive but lack the depth to beat an even Banyule.

more about oter sides next week.

benchwarmer2 that is a massive in for trinity. any reason as to why he's playing 19's this week and not against the blacks in the 1's. has been one of the few solid performers in an otherwise disappointing team. old carey are going to need someone to run with him all day, when playing 19's is one of the most dominant players in the competition. hk mentioned that humann went down against the hoes, any news if he's going to be playing this week? another solid contributor to that team. good luck carey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

benchwarmer2 that is a massive in for trinity. any reason as to why he's playing 19's this week and not against the blacks in the 1's. has been one of the few solid performers in an otherwise disappointing team. old carey are going to need someone to run with him all day, when playing 19's is one of the most dominant players in the competition. hk mentioned that humann went down against the hoes, any news if he's going to be playing this week? another solid contributor to that team. good luck carey

as a result of playing state footy and missing the chance for a week off, coulson is probably pretty physically fatigued and a week or two in the 19s will see him get a little bit of a break that his body probably needs. he'll give carey a run around this weekend. as for humann, injured knee and out for at least two weeks.bw2.

pardon the pun but ur a goose

did you take a week off after coming up with that ingenious piece of literary? Looks like it with the results today. Better concrentate on the Footy instead of your comedy career mate, because I don't think you have a finals spot stitched up just quite yet.

nobody tipped bulleen to get over banyule/viewbank which they did by 12 points. Not disrespecting any side that plays them but Bulleen are always best on there home ground and have only lost one team at home this year and that was ivanhoe

nobody tipped bulleen to get over banyule/viewbank which they did by 12 points. Not disrespecting any side that plays them but Bulleen are always best on there home ground and have only lost one team at home this year and that was ivanhoe

Interesting to note "onballer"
I have seen them twice now at away grounds and did not look overly impressive not tall or quick etc - did compete well though.
Have not seen banyule yet - maybe they have had a good run till now?

Anyone now who won the Fitzroy game today - not on VAFA
site yet.

BT winning today might secure them 4th spot given the draw... good for them but surprising result.

I have seen them twice now at away grounds and did not look overly impressive not tall or quick etc - did compete well though.

site yet.

BT winning today might secure them 4th spot given the draw... good for them but surprising result.

We have had a good run, we have had 22 players every week and for the past 3 weeks we have had 18 players. Bulleen are an excellent side and worked us out from the very start dropping 2 men back into our forward line stopping our 2 leadin goal kickers from having any real impact at all. Also can someone from bulleen tell me why there ground is such a disgrace, why dont they play at bulleen park, someone soon is going to get seriously injured. Our top 4 spot is really under threat now and believe that if the mental status of the team doesnt change we could find our selves out of the mix pretty quick with the next two games being hard ones.

We have had a good run, we have had 22 players every week and for the past 3 weeks we have had 18 players. Bulleen are an excellent side and worked us out from the very start dropping 2 men back into our forward line stopping our 2 leadin goal kickers from having any real impact at all. Also can someone from bulleen tell me why there ground is such a disgrace, why dont they play at bulleen park, someone soon is going to get seriously injured. Our top 4 spot is really under threat now and believe that if the mental status of the team doesnt change we could find our selves out of the mix pretty quick with the next two games being hard ones.

I count 24 on the VAFA website playing yesterday for banyule. Last week you had a crack at trinity saying that 'all their stars played against Ivanhoe'. You couldn't possibly know all their stars you are simply going off when you played them. I am not going to make outlandish claims like you had all your stars in because I don't know every banyule players. But I can count.

site yet.

Fitzroy got up by around 3 goals. OEG led by 2 points at three-quarter time, but Fitzroy's strong midfield (Angiolella, Dimond, Jenkins and so on) took over in the last quarter.

Looking forward to Fitzroy V Banyule this weekend. Massive game for both teams. I think the loser might fine them self very vanurable to fall out of the 4. I didn't think I would be saying that about Banyule a few weeks ago but after fitzroy it doesnt get any easier as they take on Trinity.

Thanks Yulla - not sure you should have made it so clear as to how you where beaten (take away the space of the forwards etc) but agree it's game on for you now.
Re Bulleen ground if it is an issue - refsue to play on the ground - surely player safety comes first?
Fitzroy only just getting over a struggling (according to past threads OEG will not give them lots of confidence though.

Is it a 2 horse race O.I and Trinity with others making up the numbers?

is the real battle for remaining 2 spots in the 4 with:
banyule, Fitzroy ,BT, and even Carey and Camberwell still with some chance?
Interesting few weeks ahead..

Fitzroy got up by around 3 goals. OEG led by 2 points at three-quarter time, but Fitzroy's strong midfield (Angiolella, Dimond, Jenkins and so on) took over in the last quarter.

Cheers Blue king - all players you mentioned are quality - why did it take them so long to get going against a struggling OEG?
Are OEG better than the ladder position suggests? I am yet to see them and have heard mixed reports.

If you are Fitzroy player how do they compare to recent sides you have played?

Cheers.

I have alot more respect for your comments YULAS compared to the cave's, however a couple of things:

1) Like the goose said there are 24 players listed as playing on the w/e so i'm not sure you can use that as an excuse

2) A quality, top 2 team (as you claimed to be), should be able to find a way to combat a flood (or two extra men back).

3) Having played on the ground i understand how dangerous and hazardous the surface is. BT has got to have the biggest home ground advantage in the comp. However that being said, a good side should be able to win anywhere in any conditions.

4) Based on what i have seen/ heard I agree with the fact that your mental attitude needs to change in order to remain very competitive however i think you guys will still make the top 4.

Also i agree with 'is that so' in that BT are solid at home, but pretty poor away. I dont think their as good as some people think.

Remove this Banner Ad

U19 Under 19's North Divison 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back