U19 Under 19's North Divison 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeh fair call. I think it's just disappointing for the four teams that made it to the pointy end of the season, that they then have to play on a ground like Garvey Oval. But i know what you mean.

as a banyule player can't say i am not dissapointed. Don't know why they had to move our game aswell. Pritty discraceful planning from the VAFA. If the VAFA is serious about making the Under 19's better than why are they playing the finals at a shit ground like Garvey while several seniors teams from A B and C (both senior and reserve) play in meaningless last round games. Just another example of the VAFA not giving a shit about the 19's

First week of finals changed to Garvey Oval.
Anyone know anything about this oval? Its St Damians home ground int he YJFL and out Bundoora way so that really means its going to be a piece of crap...pretty disappointing given that they were going to be played at the trinity grounds. I know Trinity would've had a home ground advantage but I reckon all 4 sides would've preferred a top quality ground to some unknown and likely dump (going by what Parade played on this year). Thoughts?

**Correcting my post...Garvey Oval is actually at Parade, I'm fairly sure it is the oval closest to Plenty Rd. It sucks.

Whats dissapointing is your post, stop whinging and get on with it, and for a twat that didnt even know which ground it was how can you comment on the state of it. You really did just sound like an upperclass tosser,
honestly mate.

Whats dissapointing is your post, stop whinging and get on with it, and for a twat that didnt even know which ground it was how can you comment on the state of it. You really did just sound like an upperclass tosser,
honestly mate.

gee your a legend! you went to the effort to signing up to bigfooty today just to write that? yeh, you're right buddy, initially i didn't know which ground it was on, that's why i corrected myself after i realised which one it was. it's barely whinging mate, more frustration that finals have been pushed to a ground which isn't in great knick from looking at it, as well as hearing from boys who go to Parade. Read properly and then write something intelligent, honestly mate.

As far as i am concerned everyone should forget about the ground and just focus on the task at hand. After all its the same conditions for either side now, whereas earlier OT had a significant advantage.

gee your a legend! you went to the effort to signing up to bigfooty today just to write that? yeh, you're right buddy, initially i didn't know which ground it was on, that's why i corrected myself after i realised which one it was. it's barely whinging mate, more frustration that finals have been pushed to a ground which isn't in great knick from looking at it, as well as hearing from boys who go to Parade. Read properly and then write something intelligent, honestly mate.

OHH yeh an intelligent post, is that why you assumed that because the ground was in bundoora it must be shit...
If you truly have done your homework then you would be able to tell me whats wrong with the ground? I have played there numerous times this year and at trinity last week and i would have to say that its in better condition than alot of other grounds we have played on this year.
So "Read properly and then write something intelligent, honestly mate"

i completely agree with benchwarmer2. no doubt that by having the semi-finals at Bulleen was a major advantage to OT but in all fairness, the grounds out there are the best in the competition. i know that if i wasnt affiliated with OT and was say Bulleen Templestowe, I would want to play on an absolute cracker of a ground then on a ground like Ted Ajani. It is an advantage but at the same time allows teams to play at the best of their ability without having to worry about injuries caused by a less than standard surface. From all reports Garvey Oval is a dirt heap with patches of grass (weeds).

As for big_sticks, mate, you can't come on and say what you just said. you completely contradicted yourself. bw2 never said that he was complaining, he just stated that it was a tad unfair to inform teams of the change now after releasing the finals dates and venues only days ago. I bring heath48 into this as it is a true indication that the VAFA really does not care about the under 19 competition if they change venues, times of matches without informing anyone. The VAFA released the dates and venues of finals matches not once, but twice on the VAFA website and the venue never changed. Now they do it through the fixtures section without notifying supporters etc through the VAFA website. I feel sorry for the Banyule, Fitzroy players who I believe would have cherished playing on such pristine grounds, they have been moved also which baffles the mind too as niether team had a home ground advantage. FYI, OT have only played on the main oval (Daley Oval) once this year and that's where it was going to played on Saturday so hardly a home ground advantage.

HK

OHH yeh an intelligent post, is that why you assumed that because the ground was in bundoora it must be shit...
If you truly have done your homework then you would be able to tell me whats wrong with the ground? I have played there numerous times this year and at trinity last week and i would have to say that its in better condition than alot of other grounds we have played on this year.
So "Read properly and then write something intelligent, honestly mate"

What you have just said is categorically wrong. Garvey is a disgrace and you know it. The only ground it is better than is the other one at Parade! Read properly and please don't write back because I don't think you are capable of anything intellgent.
As others have said lets move on. Who will win league B & F? My money was on Walsh from Banyule until he got pinched by seniors.

rederzz mate. you just want to disagree with me on everything. i said last 2 weeks!! you should have beaten bulleen by more at home and you lost to old camberwell which should have never of happened. last weeks 75 point smashing of old carey was a win you needed to have to get some confidence. im not having a crack at that game because you obviously got the job done strongly. jesus.

hate giving the late reply.. but yes u did say 2 weeks.. and i think it was a loss we needed to have.. after being on such a roll and not losing a match for quite some time.. yet i think that loss came down to them playing well and us not fielding our strongest time.. so a loss we needed to have and a 75 point win.. isnt a 'really bad last 2 weeks' in my books

i completely agree with benchwarmer2. no doubt that by having the semi-finals at Bulleen was a major advantage to OT but in all fairness, the grounds out there are the best in the competition. i know that if i wasnt affiliated with OT and was say Bulleen Templestowe, I would want to play on an absolute cracker of a ground then on a ground like Ted Ajani. It is an advantage but at the same time allows teams to play at the best of their ability without having to worry about injuries caused by a less than standard surface. From all reports Garvey Oval is a dirt heap with patches of grass (weeds).

HK, we know Trinity's grounds are one of, if not, the best grounds in the VAFA, but having OT play a final/s at their home ground is unfair to OI, Banyule and Fitzroy. The VAFA have done the right thing moving them.

I am from BT, and if i had the chance to play a final at Ted Ajani, id jump at the chance. Training and playing half the season there gives you a benefit that far outweighs the negatives. I can tell you that all season, not one BT senior/reserve/club 18 or u19 player has succumbed to a serious injury. We know Ajani is not in the best nick, and hopefully the committee will be on the councils back during the off season, but give it a rest mate. Concentrate on the game this week instead of where it's played, and you should be right!

Boys Boys Boys

The game was moved due to the unplayability of one of the Trinity Grounds. "Too Much Rain"

The move had nothing to do with the advantage to OT or the disadvantage to OI, FR or B.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boys Boys Boys

The game was moved due to the unplayability of one of the Trinity Grounds. "Too Much Rain"

The move had nothing to do with the advantage to OT or the disadvantage to OI, FR or B.

Unplayability because of "too much rain" is another excuse from the actual school, Trinity Granmar, not wanting to play anymore vafa games on it so they can start preparing it for cricket season. The school do this all the time when seniors have a bye or are away and the 19's request to use the main oval. They did it last year and they will continue to do it into the future.

Regardless, will make the finals series alot more interesting and closer. Going to be one of the great finals compaigns for some time. Yearly wrap and finals previews to follow in next few days.

HK

the ground was no disadvantage to reds or banyule, we dont play trinity there.
just looking foward to some good footy being played this weekend, regardless of the surface

Unplayability because of "too much rain" is another excuse from the actual school, Trinity Granmar, not wanting to play anymore vafa games on it so they can start preparing it for cricket season. The school do this all the time when seniors have a bye or are away and the 19's request to use the main oval. They did it last year and they will continue to do it into the future.

Regardless, will make the finals series alot more interesting and closer. Going to be one of the great finals compaigns for some time. Yearly wrap and finals previews to follow in next few days.

HK

Anyone who's been around the block at OTs knows exactly who calls the shots on the use of grounds at the Marles Playing Fields.

If "Sangers" says you can't use it, you can't use it. Whether he's poisoned it, dug it up, rolled it back, cored it, smoked it, rented it out to the touring rugby team from Botswana, he has the final (in fact only) say.

No arguments. Move on everyone.

Anyone who's been around the block at OTs knows exactly who calls the shots on the use of grounds at the Marles Playing Fields.

If "Sangers" says you can't use it, you can't use it. Whether he's poisoned it, dug it up, rolled it back, cored it, smoked it, rented it out to the touring rugby team from Botswana, he has the final (in fact only) say.

No arguments. Move on everyone.

Frase, Sangers goes off what the school says and Rohan Brown has said that they don't want any more games played on either the Daley or the Hudson as they want to start getting them ready for cricket season. Which is an absolute joke as its ages away and 2 more games on either ground isn't going to do shit, just another instance where the school doesn't really care about the 19's instead just focuses on the senior side.

Anyway, can't do anything about it now, it;s been moved. We just start to focus on the job this weekend.

HK

Frase, Sangers goes off what the school says and Rohan Brown has said that they don't want any more games played on either the Daley or the Hudson as they want to start getting them ready for cricket season. Which is an absolute joke as its ages away and 2 more games on either ground isn't going to do shit, just another instance where the school doesn't really care about the 19's instead just focuses on the senior side.

Anyway, can't do anything about it now, it;s been moved. We just start to focus on the job this weekend.

HK

Everyone is missing the point.

VAFA organised finals for the Under 19's heavily favouring one team. By luck, they have now averted serious dissent by three other teams.

Let the Games began, now at the Garvey.

so with finals this weekend and now we have all had our say on the change of ground onto the real topic, who's going to be the winners and the loosers on satuday. Lookin at results banyuls for has dropped right off. Old t apart from demolishing a side that only had 14 blokes on the field have not been wining as easy as most would have thought at this end of the season and the same can be said for OI who have only just gotten over some lowly oposition. Fitxroy have had a disapointing loss to old camberwell but rebounded with a easy win over old carey at the weekend. So lookin at all this its a tuff finals series to predict but im going to go with OI over OT by 20 points in a hand fought clash and Fitxroy to beat banyul.

Round 1 of Finals:
Banyule vs Fitzroy:
Banyule's performance in the second half of the season was a little dissappointing compared to their cracking start. However there lack of bench in some games is surprising considering their ladder postion. On the other hand, Fitzroy didn't have the greatest of starts but have proven themselves to be a major force and a massive wild card in the final series. I believe Fitzroy will just get over Banyule by 13 points.

Ivanhoe vs Trinity:
Both the power houses in the competition, with minimal weakness' in their line-ups. No need to hype the game up as we all know it will be a cracker. However Trinity will come out with the win as their seniors are now set for B-grade, so their will be no need to take their gun 19s players against Scotch. These players will be the deciding factor as they have managed to get them all registered through-out the season. Trinity by 6 points

Goodluck to all sides. Hope the weather is fine for some great football. This is one of the closest finals series i have seen for some time.
THE WIZ

Bout time this division got it's own bloody thread! Went and watched OLD ESSENDON vs OLD TRINITY today at the luscious Marles playing fields! Cracker of a game. Trinity dominated in the 1st quater but were unable to hurt on the score board. 2nd quater, Trinity switched off a tad i thought and Essendon kicked 3-4 goals in the first 10 minutes. 2nd half was all Trinity!!! Dominated every position on the field. Trinity's use of the football was far better than Essendons all day. Spotted up targets left right and centre and ran hard all day. Few individual I thought stood out.

Matthew Jessop - tough on baller, needs to shed a few but I remember him as a dominating player for them last year. Kicked a bag and was always dangerous. Skills could be a tad better but killed them in the middle and up forward. A very good player for them, in and under and also a good link up player. Future teams will need to watch him in the future games as he flies under the old radar!

Dayne Coulsen-Hoffacker - have spoken about this kid for some time. Last years B&F winner in the 19's, played first 2 games in the seniors and had a run in the unders today. Completely dominated all day. No one went to him which absolutely baffles the brain! Was able to run free all day, just can't do that to a player like this. Excellent skills, spotted targets left right and centre. Strong overhead, kicked 2 ripper goals. Super fast and an excellent mover, smart player. Has the ability to break packs and is a game breaker. THE PLAYER TO WATCH FOR OLD TRINITY WHEN HE PLAYS!

Other excellent players were Humannn (as usual), Guerra, Howell (blonde kid down back) and Lane (the smoother mover)

All up an excellent game of football. Am a massive fan of Trinity this year. Massive improvement from last year with 2nd year players stepping up as well. My tip for the flag this year.

found out today that both lane and coulsen-hoffacker are playing tomorrow for OT. big ins. I refer to a post I did earlier in the season with a brief overview of the u19's who have been playing seniors for most of the year who are coming back into the team. I will add HOWELL to that too as he has been posting some good games in the 1's the last 4-5 weeks. Pacconi is another gun that has been playing good footy in the 19's.

found out today that both lane and coulsen-hoffacker are playing tomorrow for OT. big ins. I refer to a post I did earlier in the season with a brief overview of the u19's who have been playing seniors for most of the year who are coming back into the team. I will add HOWELL to that too as he has been posting some good games in the 1's the last 4-5 weeks. Pacconi is another gun that has been playing good footy in the 19's.

dont forget another gun, goes by the name of brett robertson, quite possibly one of the best backmen in the league...

saw an absolute cracking game yesterday down at garvey oval in bundoora between old trinity and old ivanhoe. tis true what people were saying in that the ground was an absolute joke. also the umpirining was incredibly disgraceful and the VAFA should be ashamed to put that kind of rubbish in finals.

ivanhoe looked to have the game sewed up mid way through the last quater but in the last 10-15 minutes the game was an absolute nail biter. the lead changed 5-6 times with ivanhoe kicking a goal and then trinity kicking one.

some really good players for ivanhoe were dioretes (bloke had the ball on a string, read it exceptionally well), greer was the best big man on the ground by far, . for trinity, the midfield was really good. jessop was bog for me, big ed morrrison was clean with his hands as was howell and beaton was also excellent.

came down to the last few minutes for the decider however. number 8 for OI (think its gianfagna) kicked a great goal on the run to put ivanhoe in front with about a minute to go. next centre clearance trinity won it, went forward, howell scopped up gave the hands off to coulsen-hoffacker (who ivanhoe did a terrific job against him, tagged him all day and really frustrated him, he did not have a touch in the 1st half and really struggled to break his 2 tags all day) however he got the last laugh, breaking his tag for the 1st time, kicking an absolute pearler of a goal on the run from the boundary on the wrong side for a left footer for the match winning goal. the crowd went absolultey crazy. it wasn't over however, ivanhoe went forward again and took a mark from about 30m out on a slight angle and the siren went. the player shanked the kick however and did not make distance. trinity won by 5 points.

trintiy go into the gf in 2 weeks time against the winner of old ivanhoe vs the reds to be played next week.

its gonna be a cracking last 2 weeks of football.

Does anyone know when the league releases the results for league bnf, do they wait for all sections to finish,

Havent had a great season this year by any means i think we lacked alot of depth and struggled each week for numbers but in saying that i think a few players from OP's could have been a threat to the bnf if we had of won more games and they could easily walk into a team such as OI or OT.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing....

congrats to fitzroy reds on the w/e winning a hard fought match would was in our hands for most of the game until a few very talented fitzroy midfielders took control of the game which cood also threaten the league bnf. also congrats to our guys who fought hard all year even though many dint rate us and most disliked us. Also Alex Dunnachie winning the goal kicking wood have to be one of the best performing players in north 1 this season.

also when trinity and ivanhoe ran out onto the ground afta our match u cood tell the difference in age, strength and ability straight away, they were massive compared to both us and fitzroy. Saturdays team featured 19 players that can play next year out of the 24 and thats not including the 3 bottom age players we had injured hopefully we can look like trinity and ivanhoe next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

U19 Under 19's North Divison 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back