U19 Under 19's North Divison 1

Remove this Banner Ad

also when trinity and ivanhoe ran out onto the ground afta our match u cood tell the difference in age, strength and ability straight away, they were massive compared to both us and fitzroy.

The first thing I noticed as well, those two teams are huge. Will be a massive task for the Reds this weekend, but playing on a huge ground where it's possible to avoid too much contested footy will assist.

I watched both games on the weekend and the difference in standard was alot. The banyule/fitzroy reds game was an awsome game but didnt compare to the high standard and physicality of the ot/oi game...and i believe it was due to top aged players and also the amount of senior talent running around in unders footy, i think combined there was 8 senior players on the field who played A grade seniors this year!does make a difference.....
but il be watchen banyule next year closely

Go reds!

I watched both games on the weekend and the difference in standard was alot. The banyule/fitzroy reds game was an awsome game but didnt compare to the high standard and physicality of the ot/oi game...and i believe it was due to top aged players and also the amount of senior talent running around in unders footy, i think combined there was 8 senior players on the field who played A grade seniors this year!does make a difference.....
but il be watchen banyule next year closely

Go reds!

who were the 8 players? i thought the only senior players for OI were greer, spargo and del monte.

I think you will find its 6 OT players and 2 OI players. Spargo and Del Monte weren't qualified by OI.

from my knowledge i think its 5, not 6 from OT. You're right about OI they had Greer and Dioretes play a game each in the 1's.

Leetham = 6
Pacconi = 10
Howell = 7
Coulson-Hoffacker = 11
Jessop = 9

That's only 5. Tis true though, greater senior experience is a major factor I believe but it was a great game fought out by 2 quality teams with quality players all over the ground.

Team of the year time. This thing is always hard to pick and there is always some bloked who miss out who shouldn't, and some blokes get picked who don't deserve to.
Trinity and Ivanhoe would have 4 - 5 players each, 2 or 3 from Banyule and Fitzroy. 1 or 2 from Camberwell and Bulleen. and 1 each from OEG, Carey, Parade and Manningham. that is roughly 22-24.
Personally don't think that the team should have players who played the majority of season in the seniors. It should be based on those who have performed at this level. So that would make a few of those Trinity playes that the Hernia King mentioned ineligable in my eyes. Any one like to nominate players from their clubs?

Banyule:
Alex Dunnachie-
Stand out forward of this season has kicked the most goals in the division and literally won games for us this year....must be a certainty

Cam Mcdonald-
great season from the half back, one of the toughest footballers ive ever played with and always seems to do his job which included keeping Macready-Bryan to a total of 2 goals for both games.

Scott Shelton-
extremely quick player who had torn teams apart this yeah with his ball winning ability and also contributing with 25 odd goals for the season.

Rhys Mitchell-
another stand out backmen who again is another hard nut who never says die when the ball is in dispute. Did some very courages things throughout the year and found himself being seriously hurt many times and was a shame not to have him in the finals.

Thats my predicted nominations from banyule but it seems that the majority of the players will be from ivanhoe and trinity but i will not be suprised if Manningham have a few because they seriously have some stand out players in my eyes.

go yulas!

would have to be cam mcdonald from banyule definatly he is the greatest player of all time and with win our b&f by sooooo much.

also james vear small gocish forward pocket. lightning on the lead and deadly accurate. did an awesome job to kick 50 goals for the year considering the amount of ball that went dunnachie's way.

james gaul from bulleen reminds me of tony locket / brett deledio
always kicking bags and racking up 30+ touches with blistering pace and deadly skills. should well find himself with a team of the year geurnsey

chargers 08

i think its a bit stiff to not have players who have played seniors in that team of year. fair enough if they've played the majority in the ones but from an OT's perspective I would easily have Howell who played 7 games in the 1's in the team as he is, in my mind, the best CHB in North 1.

Other players from Old Trinity who deserve a look in include:

Nick Howell - CHB
Brett Robertson - FB
Ed Morrison - CHF
Lach Beaton
Ben Weiseenfeld

ahhhhh i just have a question for Banyule people here. Do you rate Uri Pech?????? Because he has been in the best almost more than anyone this season in your team and was singled out in the record this week. I quote 'Uri Pech had another good day to cap off a wonderful season for himself'. I have played/seen banyule 3 times this year and I know who he is but would not put him in the top 10 players in Banyules team!!! Just wondering what Banyule blokes think of him??

totally agree with you traitorshorts and i look forward to running the tan with you tomorrow morning. the blokes that do the record actually only go to watch 1 game a week and have no idea who plays well for other teams. they just go off the best, like everyone does really. without knowing the capabilities or performances of certain players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fitzroy

jesse dimond (onball/ half fwd. won colts leage b&f last year. racks em up and extremley creative. nearly a definite.)
chris polidoras (onball/ half fwd. freak hands beow knees racks them up. nearly a definite.)
rory angiolela (onball. massive leader. vice captain yarra team of year last year. nearly a definite.)
sam baker (hit with injuries 2nd half of the year but 1st half was truly elite. must be a show.)
tom cheshire (half back. 2nd year 19s great ball use. beats his man every week and always rebounds. just does everyhting right. dont no bout other half backs but one of the first picked in my team.)

Reds matched it to half way, leading by two points at the major break. But its seemed OI came out hungrier in the second half creating about a 3 goal margin at 3/4 time which blew out to about 6 goals come the final siren.
As it's been mentioned both OI and OT are the big blokes of the comp and that showed yesterday with the reds able to match it with the legs but not quite with the body or in the air over the four quarters. Both Banyule and Fitzroy should be serious contenders next year with the bottom age lists so looking forward to some top quality footy next year. Good luck to all the blokes stepping up into seniors for good and to OI and OT for an exciting granny this week.

Reds matched it to half way, leading by two points at the major break. But its seemed OI came out hungrier in the second half creating about a 3 goal margin at 3/4 time which blew out to about 6 goals come the final siren.
As it's been mentioned both OI and OT are the big blokes of the comp and that showed yesterday with the reds able to match it with the legs but not quite with the body or in the air over the four quarters. Both Banyule and Fitzroy should be serious contenders next year with the bottom age lists so looking forward to some top quality footy next year. Good luck to all the blokes stepping up into seniors for good and to OI and OT for an exciting granny this week.

Pretty well summed up above. Wouldn't say OI weren't hungrier in the second half, they just started to work out how to play to their strengths (height and body size) and aimed to convert all their ruck tap wins into centre clearance wins. Reds kept trying to run and use space to make it as uncontested a game as possible, but OI were more accountable in the 2nd half and ran well defensively to have the game played on their terms.

Woody (#43) was undoubtedly the match winner, presenting in the forward line in the 3rd term to create headaches for the Reds' coaching staff and backline, before playing a kick behind in the final term and grabbing everything that came his way. He was fantastic, and I know the OTs brain trust will aim to negate him.

As for the GF, I'm a tad concerned about the OI lads' depth, and feel OT may run a bit deeper. The Hoers had 3 or 4 lads spending plenty of time on the pine, and whilst I'm sure they will all be delighted to be deservedly playing in a GF (wouldn't we all!), I hope they are able to rise to the challenge if it presents itself. Must say #24 sparked the side well when he came on, so he would be a good example of a 'pinch hitter' who could cause some damage. Boy did well.

Still, a couple of early injuries to OI's starting 18 could be a problem.

Should be a cracking game, but the extra week off will be critical come red time in the 3rd term. I expect OTs to run it out better and win by a couple of goals.

What a cracking game this is going to be. The Ivanhoe boys with the finals experience vs The Trinity boys with the seniors experience...

For those that want to go searching back, i think i predicted Greer to win the League BnF before the season began... wouldn't be suprised at all if that prediction came true... The kid is a freak, not sure how trinity are going to stop him seeing as he is a ruckman who takes contested plucks and is just as good at ground level (pretty hard to "negate" someone who does this).

Ivanhoe shut down a few of trinitys bigger name players last time. If they can limit the amount of ball Trinitys midfield get they will go very close to winning.

Watch out for Big James Mugavin to throw his weight around aswell, he is the sort of bloke that loves the finals intensity... Would imagine he'd have a few trinity boys looking over their shoulders.

Ivanhoe by 8 points

does the team of the year encompass just Under 19 (North 1) or all under 19's sides in the ammo's?

Hot Tip for Shaun McKenzie to run out with the captaincy and Cam McDonald for Vice! Both absolute freaks and are both very very very very good.
They will be very stiff not to make it but are good enough to play on for a couple more years and still be first class.

HT08

news out from old trinity is that the are pumped and ready for another crack at old ivanhoe in the 1 game that matters this season. nathan brown #7 makes some excellent points. those so called trinity 'guns' have been preparing hard and are going to be red hot coming into this content having had the week off. should be an exciting match...im pumped. trinity to win by 2 goals.

Regarding the TEAM OF THE YEAR!

Outstanding players from Old Essendon and Old Paradians, would they even be looked at even though they finished respectively at the bottom?

With the likes of Kandilakis (OP) who had stints in the 1's and 2's and Drysdale (OE) who did the same.

Let me no what you think will be the TEAM OF THE YEAR! :):thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

U19 Under 19's North Divison 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back