U19 Under 19's North Divison 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you changed your ladder prediction Damo?

I have actually.
I see it panning out a little more like this:

1- Fitzroy Reds
2- St Benards
3- Old Essendon
4- Old Camberwell
5- Old Carey
6- Bulleen Templestowe
7- Banyule/Viewbank
8- Manningham Sharks
9- Aquinas

I'm still expecting Fitzroy to win the flag, whilst OEG + St Bernards could go either way. Old Camberwell to finish out the 4. What do you guys reckon?

I have actually.

1- Fitzroy Reds
2- St Benards
3- Old Essendon
4- Old Camberwell
5- Old Carey
6- Bulleen Templestowe
7- Banyule/Viewbank
8- Manningham Sharks
9- Aquinas

I'm still expecting Fitzroy to win the flag, whilst OEG + St Bernards could go either way. Old Camberwell to finish out the 4. What do you guys reckon?
Wat do you base your ladder predictions on?

I have actually.

1- Fitzroy Reds
2- St Benards
3- Old Essendon
4- Old Camberwell
5- Old Carey
6- Bulleen Templestowe
7- Banyule/Viewbank
8- Manningham Sharks
9- Aquinas

well mate after ur first prediction its an improvement. but id like to see you give old camberwell a bit more credit. from what iv heard they have recruited some quality and will be the team to beat this year.

and surely after banyule's start u couldnt have them anywhere but last?

well mate after ur first prediction its an improvement. but id like to see you give old camberwell a bit more credit. from what iv heard they have recruited some quality and will be the team to beat this year.

and surely after banyule's start u couldnt have them anywhere but last?

I'd have to agree with nananana on that one damo. i havnt had the opportunity to watch old camberwell yet, but from what i've heard and obviously their results, i think its fair to say they'll be contenders

yep old camberwell are definatly the team to beat this year. ive been to all of their games so far this year n they are a formidable outfit. i live across the road from their home ground soo i walk down n watch them play. they have to midfielders that have absolutly been dominating thus far, from wat i can hear on the sidelines their names are Jase Edwards, and Beno! quality players these 2 are.

Thanks for your output guys.
I'm still weary of OC. They've beaten Old Carey and Aquinas, and they play Manningham this week, who they'll beat by plenty. With Banyule round 4, I think I'll have to wait until round 5 where they vs OEG. Then Ill confirm OC for 2009.
And nananana, im not sure about Banyule just yet...they versed Fitzroy round 1, and then Old Carey, so this week they take on Aquinas, that will be the indicator.
(BTW. Ive tipped Aquinas to win by 6 points.)

u have some interesting comments there damo5 i look forward to reading ur updated predictions in the coming weeks.

As for ur thoughts on Old Camberwell they are def a team to b respected, they have recruited some good young talent in the offseason, which i think will serve them well. Along with the prospect of having a U19 and U18 team they have players competing for spots in the top side. They also have 2 great coaches in Killa and Howard Mitchell who i dont think recieves the respect he deserves from the wat i see on the sidelines.

Once roshan finds some form after having a few injury setbacks in the preseason, and the return of Lewis Hogan from his spell in the VFL, they are looking even more like a team to be reckend with!

u have some interesting comments there damo5 i look forward to reading ur updated predictions in the coming weeks.

As for ur thoughts on Old Camberwell they are def a team to b respected, they have recruited some good young talent in the offseason, which i think will serve them well. Along with the prospect of having a U19 and U18 team they have players competing for spots in the top side. They also have 2 great coaches in Killa and Howard Mitchell who i dont think recieves the respect he deserves from the wat i see on the sidelines.

Once roshan finds some form after having a few injury setbacks in the preseason, and the return of Lewis Hogan from his spell in the VFL, they are looking even more like a team to be reckend with!

smashbox, it seems as though you know a lot more than some who, 'just lives across the road and walks down to watch them play.'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i do have a couple of friends who play in the team, and did play junior footy under howard and killa. other than that im just a keen spectator going to watch his mates play.

ripper games this week. camberwell, judging from results, looking good. dont know why people dont rate them, dont judge their school boy team on their 19's.

just wondering who the standouts at fitzroy are, and who does all the damage? after a 40 goal win, there must be a few key players?

ripper games this week. camberwell, judging from results, looking good. dont know why people dont rate them, dont judge their school boy team on their 19's.

just wondering who the standouts at fitzroy are, and who does all the damage? after a 40 goal win, there must be a few key players?

yeah will be interesting to see camberwell against one of the other better sides in a couple of weeks but the u19s are definately quite different from the school team last year

as for fitzroy im fairly sure its essentially the team that one the yarra colts premiership 2 years ago so im guessin the best players would go something like dimond angiorella (dunno how to spell) polidoras anderson pickering

yeah will be interesting to see camberwell against one of the other better sides in a couple of weeks but the u19s are definately quite different from the school team last year

as for fitzroy im fairly sure its essentially the team that one the yarra colts premiership 2 years ago so im guessin the best players would go something like dimond angiorella (dunno how to spell) polidoras anderson pickering

Reckon OCam are the real deal, got Killworth on his way to 100, last years school captain in Hart, and have Miriklis who had every game in the seniors last year. Dunno what he is doing in the unders

3 rounds into an 18 round season! In the EPL Hull City were 3th/4th after about 10 games, now they're 3 points above relegation!

You can't judge a season's performance on a handful of games!
Think you will find that BT are not the worst team by a fair margin. Old Camberwell are at this stage 10 goals better than any team. Old Carey is right amongst the group chasing. Fitzroy needs to play St Bernards, Old Camberwell and Old Carey before their results really show where they are - They are probably OC's biggest challengers, however think , like BT that you need to wait more than three rounds.

Think you will find that BT are not the worst team by a fair margin. Old Camberwell are at this stage 10 goals better than any team. Old Carey is right amongst the group chasing. Fitzroy needs to play St Bernards, Old Camberwell and Old Carey before their results really show where they are - They are probably OC's biggest challengers, however think , like BT that you need to wait more than three rounds.
Old Camberwell haven't played any team of note so far, just smashed pretty average sides

The boys from Fitzroy are tracking well. Only 5 of last season's PF side have 'graduated', whilst 4 of those remaining are currently playing seniors and could drop back if required.

Expect Old Camberwell (beautifully coached no doubt) and Fitzroy to set the pace, St Bernards will obviously be strong and Old Carey are traditionally solid. The wildcard will be Old Essendon.

Still - no point making wild predictions re: finals until the completion of round 6

Old Camberwell haven't played any team of note so far, just smashed pretty average sides

Reckon Carey would object to that! OEG have played one team of note and got pumped by 8 goals at home yesterday
And just to give you an update, Killworth kicked another 10 goals yesterday and Miriklis and Deev 4 each. and yes Scribe your assertion is correct, they are well coached

Remove this Banner Ad

U19 Under 19's North Divison 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back