U19 Under 19's North Divison 1

Remove this Banner Ad

St. Bernards + Maggots (13.7.85) def. Fitzroy (13.6.84)

Poor form to blame umpires atko. First and foremost official scores were 13-7 to 12-12. Who should you blame for having 4 more scoring shots and losing by a point ?
Also no disgrace to lose by a point at the pit, you can safely look forward to the finals

St Bernards simply wanted it more than Fitzroy, Bernards outscored fitzroy 4 goals to 2 in the last against the wind.

The only free kick that went against Fitzroy all day was when the Fitzroy coach couldn't keep his mouth shut and gave away two 25m free kicks which resulted in a point just before half time, which fittingly was the end margin

Poor call Atko. You guys are better than that.

Better to focus on what Fitzroy could've done better to make the game less of a nail-biting contest. Anyhow, clearly the competition is alive and well.

OEG lost by 23 pts to the highly fancied Camberwell, with 3 key players missing due to senior and TAC cup duties.

Oh, and killworth is not that great;) a good defender, and a decent midfield stopped the ball delivered to him (like in previous weeks to allow him to kick bags of goals). Perhaps plays well against battling sides and fails to step on the big stage? just puttin it out there.

Comp is close.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Bernards simply wanted it more than Fitzroy, Bernards outscored fitzroy 4 goals to 2 in the last against the wind.

The only free kick that went against Fitzroy all day was when the Fitzroy coach couldn't keep his mouth shut and gave away two 25m free kicks which resulted in a point just before half time, which fittingly was the end margin

how much is bernards paying those umpires? dw, all the teams yet to play there will soon experience it.:mad:

OEG lost by 23 pts to the highly fancied Camberwell, with 3 key players missing due to senior and TAC cup duties.

Oh, and killworth is not that great;) a good defender, and a decent midfield stopped the ball delivered to him (like in previous weeks to allow him to kick bags of goals). Perhaps plays well against battling sides and fails to step on the big stage? just puttin it out there.

Comp is close.

i didnt see the game but apparently was a bit of a scrap fest that didnt exactly favour the big men. did drysdale play on killer?

i didnt see the game but apparently was a bit of a scrap fest that didnt exactly favour the big men. did drysdale play on killer?
nah drysdale didnt play on killworth, had another young defender on him. But Genovesi played seniors (OEG full forward) and has kicked bags of 8, 4, 5 goals this season, its a big loss. Was a good game.

4 goal wind blowing down the ground didn't favour the forwards. Kicking with the wind ball sailed 10-15 metres too far. Against it, most players couldn't kick penetrating kicks. For all that OC started like ferraris and I'm sure that mentally some of their blokes went home at half time, while OEG failed to take advantage with the wind in the second. To OEG's credit fought back well in the third quarter and were pressing in the last until the train wreck at the 3 minute mark which derailed their momentum, also couldn't understand why they persisted in attacking through the dead pocket on the school side
IMO OEG need another couple of class players like Drysdale (probably BOG) if they are going to seriously challenge the top 3

4 goal wind blowing down the ground didn't favour the forwards. Kicking with the wind ball sailed 10-15 metres too far. Against it, most players couldn't kick penetrating kicks. For all that OC started like ferraris and I'm sure that mentally some of their blokes went home at half time, while OEG failed to take advantage with the wind in the second. To OEG's credit fought back well in the third quarter and were pressing in the last until the train wreck at the 3 minute mark which derailed their momentum, also couldn't understand why they persisted in attacking through the dead pocket on the school side
IMO OEG need another couple of class players like Drysdale (probably BOG) if they are going to seriously challenge the top 3
true, the dead pocket was an issue. Those class players, as stated earlier, had TAC cup duties and were elevated to seniors. As for the forward excuse, any worthy forward can read the ball off the boot when it flies over their head once or twice. They should prepare themselves for that. OC full forward was well beaten on the day.

If anything, OEG need more discipline with the umpires to stop 50m penalties (or 25 i think they are in the VAFA) being paid which result in unnecessary goals.

OC set the standard theres no doubt.

Just a quick mention to OC's number 31 (the Stewy Dew look-alike), he is an absolute dog who needs to lose a few kg's and worry about the ball instead of constantly going the man. Kicked a few ass goals (one soccered, one floater from the boundary on his left foot) and celebrated like a hero yelling out "ronaldooo"...cmon buddy, your ego is almost as big as your body. Get over yourself. Not to mention his dog act behind play, dumping an OEG player into the concrete gutter. DOG

true, the dead pocket was an issue. Those class players, as stated earlier, had TAC cup duties and were elevated to seniors. As for the forward excuse, any worthy forward can read the ball off the boot when it flies over their head once or twice. They should prepare themselves for that. OC full forward was well beaten on the day.

If anything, OEG need more discipline with the umpires to stop 50m penalties (or 25 i think they are in the VAFA) being paid which result in unnecessary goals.

OC set the standard theres no doubt.

Just a quick mention to OC's number 31 (the Stewy Dew look-alike), he is an absolute dog who needs to lose a few kg's and worry about the ball instead of constantly going the man. Kicked a few ass goals (one soccered, one floater from the boundary on his left foot) and celebrated like a hero yelling out "ronaldooo"...cmon buddy, your ego is almost as big as your body. Get over yourself. Not to mention his dog act behind play, dumping an OEG player into the concrete gutter. DOG

well mate at the end of the day OC got the 4 points...you can say all you want about OC's number 31 but he dominated and thats all that mattered...also umpires were terrible

nah drysdale didnt play on killworth, had another young defender on him. But Genovesi played seniors (OEG full forward) and has kicked bags of 8, 4, 5 goals this season, its a big loss. Was a good game.

can't see how killworth has kicked that many goals, not quick on the lead at all, delivery to him wasn't bad.

because he is one of the biggest boys in the under 19's comp mate...maybe say that to his face if your game then make another comment
I wasn't going to mention it, but I did actually play on him on the w/e and he didn't have that much of it. I'm not saying he's a dud by any means, but I don't rate myself that highly as a player and I usually play on the back flank or wing, so his performance wasn't that impressive from my point of view. And yes, I did suggest that to him on a couple of occasions during the match, so I suppose that qualifies as 'game'.

Remove this Banner Ad

U19 Under 19's North Divison 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back