Unleash the truth ....

Remove this Banner Ad

For what its worth, I will see all the Thomas Murphy's and Austin McCrabb's and Greg Madigan's and I will raise you a

SIMON CRAWSHAY....

and I'm going all in...

Without a doubt the greatest cabbage to ever play senior football at the hawks. Just Horrible...

Crawshay vs Murphy would have been close.

Re: unleash the truth

[/QUOTE]Murphy's OK he just is not up to the standard we expect or need, he is much better when his job is to cover the 3rd forward.[/QUOTE]
lol Is this some sort of joke ?? He's been trying to cover the 3rd forward all year without success.

No club would consider picking up Murphy.

I don't blame Murphy as he is glaringly short of being an AFL footballer but rather Clarkson's stubbornness in continuing to pick him. And yes, Murphy has definitely cost the club games this season - a season that has been marked by some level of misfortune with injuries but despite this the club should still should have played finals with the blue chip assets it has.

For the record, Maccdadio I've been following the club longer then you and Murphy would be up there with my all time worst players to pull on a Hawthorn jumper.

How about Buddy kicking 2.7 against port
How about the clangers that Hodge has had as part of his game this season
How about Mitchell and Hodge not being able to handle a tag
How about Roughy only popping up every 4 or so games
How about Lewis and his brain freezes and giving up 50m penalties
How about Gilham, Croad, Ladson, Osborne, Ellis, Dew, Young, Williams, sustaining injuries - how bloody inconsiderate can you get

I loathe these sorts of threads. Why don't you take a ping at some of the senior players on our list. Some of the guys you mentioned shouldn't have even have been playing this season and your writing them off.

We give senior players the benefit of the doubt because they have "runs on the board" - why can't you then afford these young players the same respect.

For someone who says he has supported this club for a long time then it would seem you have very quickly forgotten just how BAD we have been.

Completely negative thread. Everyone on here knows my thoughts but even im sick of the the same stuff being regurgetated every day. Any one could sit down and tear apart every single bloke on our list for there overall performances this year but what does it prove. Yes we have underperformed, yes some players on our list are not at the required standard but im certain the match committee will sit down and review it all at the end of the season and try and iron out all deficiencies. There are 7 losers every week and only 1 winner at the end of the year so I feel pretty lucky to have seen the Hawks snatch a flag last year a couple of years ahead of time. We all like to vent, it makes us feel better but c'mon at some point you just have to start supporting irrespective with no strings attached.

Whoa! Are you ok mate?

I think you need to have somebody unscrew your head and put a new brain in and take out the lump of wood that's in your head and then screw it back on.

Don't go too far. I know you are really frustrated and angry about the way our team is playing, but there is no need for threads like this one to be posted up.

For what its worth, I will see all the Thomas Murphy's and Austin McCrabb's and Greg Madigan's and I will raise you a

SIMON CRAWSHAY....

and I'm going all in...

Without a doubt the greatest cabbage to ever play senior football at the hawks. Just Horrible...

I give you 'Barry Young'.

I rest my case.

Oh yeah, and the 14 year old kid is crazy.

Surely a card needs to be dished out here. I can say I know the rules off by heart, but if calling a player a moron is allowed, then I think I might end my time posting here. Thats a joke. No player deserves that. Simon Taylor is a nice guy, and tries his heart out week in and week out. Ok, he makes some mistakes and gives away too many free kicks at times, but that doesn't make him a moron. Please mods, send the kid back to school. I bet also, that a heap of people that get on here and bag Murphy probably wanted him brought into the Grand Final side too. He was flying this time last year, we dropped Gilham from the first final so that Murphy could fit into the side cause we needed him on all of those dogs medium size forwards. He isn't even close to the worst player ever. I wont name others because as bad as they might have been they would be 1000 times better than me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

murphy is just a guy who has been forced to play a key position when he is not a key position player. a victim of circumstance who has been battling his guts out for the club trying to plug the enormous holes that have opened up in our backline.

a lot of the young kids who have been pounded this year are most likely of similar quality to 3rd tier players at other clubs. it's just that at hawthorn we have been forced to play our 2nd and third tier players before they are ready. don't blame the recruiters for the quality of player that is going on the park. they're just not fully developed yet.

the one player I would certainly agree with (and I have been his supporter in the past) is simon taylor. what little brains he had have clearly been knocked out of him this season, because he has been giving away pointless freekicks and handballs of the like that pretty much cost us the game against geelong.

dowler, to a certain extent, is another who seems to not have the coordination you would expect from an AFL player, but he's still got plenty of time to prove himself.

take away the players we have lost to injury from any club and you will see that those remaining on the list are just as weak...

i still laugh when i hear Simon Crawshay name mentioned.

I have a poster from 1993, just had a quick look at it, wow half that team could get a mention here

Simon Crawshay
Tim Allen
Dominic Berry
and many many more

Theres at least 20 players in the last 20 years that were worse than Murphy.

Off the top of my head these guys all played senior footy for the hawks, and I would take Murphy over pretty much all of these guys:

Matt Little, Bo Nixon, Luke Brennan, Josh Thurgood, Harry Miller, Kingsley Hunter, Ben Kane, David Loats, Nick Stone, Tim Hazell, Bill Nicholls, Steven Rode, Barry Young, Matthew Dennis, Brad Lloyd, Todd Ridley, Kane Fraser, Leon Higgins, Scott Brow, Mark Bunn, Tim Allen, Domenic Berry, Ricky Nixon, Austin McCrabb.

It's been a crap year... we get it. But have a little bit of perspective.

Theres at least 20 players in the last 20 years that were worse than Murphy.

Off the top of my head these guys all played senior footy for the hawks, and I would take Murphy over pretty much all of these guys:

Matt Little, Bo Nixon, Luke Brennan, Josh Thurgood, Harry Miller, Kingsley Hunter, Ben Kane, David Loats, Nick Stone, Tim Hazell, Bill Nicholls, Steven Rode, Barry Young, Matthew Dennis, Brad Lloyd, Todd Ridley, Kane Fraser, Leon Higgins, Scott Brow, Mark Bunn, Tim Allen, Domenic Berry, Ricky Nixon, Austin McCrabb.

It's been a crap year... we get it. But have a little bit of perspective.

Actually, I rated Scott Crow and I would have Timmy Hazell, 'Chicken' Nixon and Billy Nicholls in my team before Murphy.

Great stroll down memory lane though MH.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_
Schoenmakers is a gun

No, he isn't. He's a good kid with potential who, at times, looks unsure of what he's doing and makes rookie errors. I hope he'll be a good key back for us, and I want to see him progress, but he's not a gun - let's be realistic.
ha ha my bad, i mean he looks like he could become a good player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unleash the truth ....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back