Unpopular Carlton Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

Bolton has had three years now to learn something about game day coaching as teh key decision maker - next year the gloves will be off regarding his glaring inability to counter basic opposition coach moves. No accident to see how poorly Carlton has performed as far as game day moves go with Neil gone. If barker is an answer to Craig leaving - someone needs a smack.

Amen brother. Seen enough, not upto it. Whilst the likes of Kennedy form crucial on ball structure, we are going nowhere. Need to fast track Paddy and hope we can pick up 2 gun midfielders in the draft. We are going to desperately need a quality ruck man to cover or possibly replace Kreuzer. The journey men we have relied upon will no longer cut it.

We should have traded Murphy when we moved Gibbs on. Don't see the value of retaining him demonstrating limited leadership. Would have loved to pick up a second rounder for him. He has become one of those players who rack up possessions without making an impact. I don't buy the loyalty argument. If its true that his manager shopped him only to find out offer significantly higher, I see no reason why we shouldn't shop him around. His body can't take the rigours of playing as an onballer and he has been less than convincing as a small forward so I don't see a future role for him. If we are to move forward as a club we need to be more cutthroat and put the clubs interests ahead of its players. You have to admire Clarkson for moving on Lewis and Mitchell. Its what sets Hawthorn apart from other clubs.

Dirk
Just shows that BB did not learn too much in his time there. To make matters worse, we helped them recruit Mitchell by doing a deal that helped them.

Amen brother. Seen enough, not upto it. Whilst the likes of Kennedy form crucial on ball structure, we are going nowhere. Need to fast track Paddy and hope we can pick up 2 gun midfielders in the draft. We are going to desperately need a quality ruck man to cover or possibly replace Kreuzer. The journey men we have relied upon will no longer cut it.
Just on the ruck situation....I reckon it might be time to plan for life after Kruez.
Can we somehow make a play for Pruess?

We should move Kreuzer on if we can find a decent offer for him this offseason.

I’ve always loved big Kreuze and hate how injury and the teams success has heavily impacted his career but I think it’s time we moved on.

Unfortunately he’s too unreliable in my opinion and he’s not exactly young anymore.

Charlie needs to have more impact on the scoreboard and Harry needs not to go missing for large patches for me to be 100 percent convinced but it's all there and we have two of the best young key forwards in the business aged 21 or younger. Personally, I wouldn't trade either of those two for any of the other KP prospects from that year, which seems to be turning into a superdraft for KP prospects, particularly forwards. I'm very happy with the way we handled those first three picks, in year's past we would have just drafted Josh Schache at number one as 'savior of the year' and would have virtually squandered any other draft or trade assets through cloudy judgement.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pruess - yes please
Glad this is the unpopular thread.

Not keen on Preuss at all as we have bigger holes to fill and Lobbe and Phillips are arguably as capable as Preuss in the ruck and around the ground. Plus we have Casboult who could be trained to Ruck now that harry and Charlie are blooded.

Norfs going much better with Goldy than Preuss - as he has not played one game this year, and Preuss is contracted till 2020 so will not come cheap.

Yuk!

We should move Kreuzer on if we can find a decent offer for him this offseason.

I’ve always loved big Kreuze and hate how injury and the teams success has heavily impacted his career but I think it’s time we moved on.

Unfortunately he’s too unreliable in my opinion and he’s not exactly young anymore.

Makes sense. Move on one of our better players, who gives everything. It would be a great look for the club, trading a player who may or may not have a serious heart issue. I can see the opposition clubs queuing up. Hey why don't we trade Cripps? We could pick ensure 4 picks in the top 10. He is getting hammered every week and therefore will become an injury liability in a few years.

Glad this is the unpopular thread.

Not keen on Preuss at all as we have bigger holes to fill and Lobbe and Phillips are arguably as capable as Preuss in the ruck and around the ground. Plus we have Casboult who could be trained to Ruck now that harry and Charlie are blooded.

Norfs going much better with Goldy than Preuss - as he has not played one game this year, and Preuss is contracted till 2020 so will not come cheap.

Yuk!

Phillips can't stay on the park, Lobbe is 30 next year and Cas is a liability once the ball hits the ground. We desperately need a young ruckman. Preuss is the perfect fit.

Phillips can't stay on the park, Lobbe is 30 next year and Cas is a liability once the ball hits the ground. We desperately need a young ruckman. Preuss is the perfect fit.
You know we did draft a young ruckman at pick 30 last year and looks impressive at this early stage .
Lobbe was very impressive yesterday if he plays like that the job is his next year if Kruez doesnt come up .

You know we did draft a young ruckman at pick 30 last year and looks impressive at this early stage .
Lobbe was very impressive yesterday if he plays like that the job is his next year if Kruez doesnt come up .
We need more than one ready made ruckman. If Kreuz can't play again, that leaves Lobbe and Phillips. TDK ain't ready to shoulder the responsibility.

We need more than one ready made ruckman. If Kreuz can't play again, that leaves Lobbe and Phillips. TDK ain't ready to shoulder the responsibility.
Lobbe and Phillips have had their injury issues granted .
Id actually expect TDK to get some games next year and together with Mckay who can ruck id expect they will be our long term tandem ruckman in 2 years .
Think it would be a waste of a reasonably high pick say 1 of our later 2nds when we have other pressing issues .
Maybe we'll take a young ruck with a later pick or another ruckman out of favor with a later pick just cant see us giving up anything of value for a ruckman atm .
Might be wrong however .

Remove this Banner Ad

Unpopular Carlton Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back