Unpopular Carlton Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

Controversional but ....

IMO Will Setterfield is more acclaimed version of Mitch Robinson.

Wins the hard ball - but if he doesn't take the short handball option on offer, he'll just bomb the ball as long as he can (more often than not to an opposition player).

Hopefully he gets this out of his game the more he plays and takes a page out of our book from the weekend in lowering his eyes.
Setters has not played well for us overall. But if we judge him as a player who has played "less than 10 games", he's got plenty of time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Setters has not played well for us overall. But if we judge him as a player who has played "less than 10 games", he's got plenty of time.
Yep I think some have sort of forgotten that he’s still a very raw player. Hardly played at the Giants and done a knee.

He’s basically a first year player. Not every player can come in and be a Walsh from the start. Setterfield clearly looked to be struggling with the AFL pace, but I liked the positions he was getting into and his ability to find the footy in congestion.

In the Richmond game in particular I thought he was quite good, he just needed to make decisions faster.

I’ve been sitting on this for a while

But I liked the silver clash strip last year and was disappointed when they got rid of it.

I’m with you on this... in theory. I loved the overall silver concept but that design with the weird pockets business and being more grey than silver didn’t quite nail it. But there’s something there if they revisit it properly

Shane Rogers is one of the most unfairly judged and criticised people in Carlton’s recent history. His assets of any real value he had to work with were something like Picks 7,13,28 and ~30 and Hampson. IF people had the choice last season to trade our pick 1 for all those picks not many at all would have done so. He pretty much had the equal to one number 1 draft pick to work with and Hampson.
He brought in Jones, Cripps, Doc, Bryne, Holman and Gowers.
That’s two stars including arguably the best player in the game. One very good fullback and three handy depth/role players. I’m not saying he was great at his job but the period he was in charge didn’t set us back at all and he was doing all this while he had Malthouse and McKay pulling strings they shouldn’t have been.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unpopular Carlton Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back