Unpopular Opinions you have (non-football)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bearing in mind that this is an unpopular opinions thread...

I think the interest should be in affluent families having kids who can afford childcare and a proper education for them.
Then across the road the welfare cheats in state housing have popped out 6. And its my teacher fiance has to deal with the little shits in the classroom, and our taxes have to pay for their education, housing, policing and the list goes on...
Again, this is likely to be an unpopular opinion.

Given this is an unpopular opinions thread I'll weigh in, looking at things from an unpopular purely clinical/callous/self interest point of view.

The plan here wouldn't work as all these people in a way are acting out of self interest.

The smart affluent people you refer to most likely are well off, have a great deal of freedom and a pretty good life and are happy. They don't want to sacrifice that and give up their freedom to have a child/potentially get stuck in a rut with less options etc so they give breeding a miss. No amount of government compensation would =the money they already make/make up the costs of having children. It would also be middle class welfare.

Now poor people on welfare more then likely are in bad circumstances have crap prospects so actually don't have to make as big a sacrifice in terms of giving up freedom as rich people. Now while they are still impacted by the costs of children already being on a shoe string budget means they will notice less and government compensation can make up the shortfall.

Now I realise there is a lot more to having a family than simple economics but don't kid yourself it is a selfless decision either way. It's the opposite. i.e. The vast majority of people having kids aren't doing it for the good of the nation/our collective future etc it is because they want them. Similarly people not having kids aren't doing it due to environmental strain/overpopulation it's because they don't want them. Actually a selfish decision either way.

After seeing the favourite meat thread, I think Bacon is extremely overrated.

BLASPHEMY!!

bacon.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back