Unpopular Opinions you have (non-football)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Far more common and annoying IMO. Can't say I've ever been particularly "hassled" by anyone who is religious, but I've had to sit through many an anti-religious rant.
Because I'm probably more an the "hardcore" atheist side. When have you guys had to sit through anti-religious rants? just out of curiosity?

I find Atheists (most of the time) only respond to people who make outlandish claims about life in the first place.

Because I'm probably more an the "hardcore" atheist side. When have you guys had to sit through anti-religious rants? just out of curiosity?

I find Atheists (most of the time) only respond to people who make outlandish claims about life in the first place.

In my experience, the "hardcore Athiests" seem far more willing to espouse the "evils" of religion unprompted, than religious types preach to you unprompted. Don't really understand why people get so worked up about something they don't do or don't believe in, but that's just me.

The same place everyone expresses their inner-most thoughts and beliefs - Facebook.

I know this is football related, but I'm talking about all the off-field stuff too.

Adam Goodes s*ts me. Cant stand the kent. Didn't deserve Australian of the Year.

In before I'm called a racist. He could be black, white, purple or green - just cant stand him.
I think you'll find that a lot of people would agree with you on that one.

In my experience, the "hardcore Athiests" seem far more willing to espouse the "evils" of religion unprompted, than religious types preach to you unprompted. Don't really understand why people get so worked up about something they don't do or don't believe in, but that's just me.
As far as i'm concerned people can believe what ever they want, personally couldn't give a shit.

But when they start bringing religion into public schools/politics and try to force it onto people(like Abbott is currently trying to do) that's when I get shitty and I find most atheists get shitty.

Maybe i'm just lucky as I don't see that many facebook religious/atheist rants. But I have wondered over to r/thefacebookdelusion on occasion and wow do we have it lucky compared with americans :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. The majority I've met don't try to make you feel inferior for believing in different things

individuals are usually fine, and so is the community spirit, but it is the mass mentality and hatred that religion can create that is scary.

Breaking Bad bored the shit out me, never got through the second season.
In a similar vein, 'Sons of Anarchy' bores me. I never got through the second episode.

Have watched bits and pieces of random episodes since, and it still hasn't hooked me. Maybe my perception of what a motorcycle gang is "meant to be" is skewed (have never had any association with anyone even close to that sort of thing), but I just don't find the main characters convincing as bikies.

This massive ongoing media focus on the Madeline McCann disappearance is ridiculous. There are children going missing all the time that don't get the time of day. Just cos its some rich western couple. Pretty obvious they are in on it.

This massive ongoing media focus on the Madeline McCann disappearance is ridiculous. There are children going missing all the time that don't get the time of day. Just cos its some rich western couple. Pretty obvious they are in on it.

Not necessarily, but I agree with the whole ongoing media crap is OTT.

Relentlessly hearing about this Essendon drug scandal stuff - its turned me off the game. Ive lost track of where its all at, and frankly don't give a shit.

2nd season in a row that's been hijacked by Essendon's crap.
Hand them infractions, or don't. Just get it done with.
It shouldn't take this long.

It lets the media and f*ckwits like Barrett justify their jobs

How dare the media report on one of the biggest stories in the sports history. Its not their fault ASADA have let it drag on forever.

Yeah and everything that is said about it is blown up and shoved in our faces. Over and over and over and over.

That's the story with football these days. Everything is analysed to death, and every dead horse beaten, paralysed, dissected into a million pieces and beaten again. Pre-game 'expert' analysis, 'war-rooms', tv show after tv show, half-time analysis, special comments, Doc Larkins, Bruce MacCavaney frothing, interviews in dark rooms, Gladiator voice-overs - if you ever listen to what any of them say its actually just the same thing repeated using different words, or they just talk absolute shit. Its cringeworthy.

What ever happened to just calling the f**king game? 'Matera sets sail for home' - that's enough, no more. The Channel 9 cricket commentary team back in the 90's was so great cos it just filled in things and didn't feel the need to say things just for the sake of it.

Footy can f*ck off - f*cking sick of all the wank that comes with it these days. Done with it.

Rant over.

Sorry everyone. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back