Unpopular Opinions you have (non-football)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

• Over-population is probably the biggest problem around right now. What better way to fix this than to stop 'donating' to Africa? Most of the money ends up in the wrong hands and is pocketed by charity CEOs. All these years of work yet nothing much is changing in a majority of the country. Let natural selection run it's course and stop trying to 'save' the them all.

You obviously have no idea how this works. Non-government aid from charities only makes up a very small proportion of the money that goes to Africa and similar developing regions. Most is multilateral from the UN etc. and bilateral from one government to another. (admittedly the last one often ends up in the hands of corrupt government officials to line their own pockets)

How about stop trying to save greedy multinationals etc. and instead help those who actually need it most? Although the world is overpopulated, it's countries like ours contributing most to the problem by consuming the most resources and producing the most emissions. The first world has a much bigger footprint than developing nations.

I would say most of them are away of popular opinion.

The question, are they serious, is it ironic, or are they serious and hiding behind irony?

aP4NoZG_700b.jpg

You obviously have no idea how this works. Non-government aid from charities only makes up a very small proportion of the money that goes to Africa and similar developing regions. Most is multilateral from the UN etc. and bilateral from one government to another. (admittedly the last one often ends up in the hands of corrupt government officials to line their own pockets)

How about stop trying to save greedy multinationals etc. and instead help those who actually need it most? Although the world is overpopulated, it's countries like ours contributing most to the problem by consuming the most resources and producing the most emissions. The first world has a much bigger footprint than developing nations.

Too many people not living off the land correctly due to the modern world. Countries like us need to be more insular. Stop growing shit and raping the ecosystem for export only and stop importing shit from factories in china and what not. We waste some serious shit here.

I'm a left winger for the most part and have voted ALP and Greens more often than thr Coalition, but studying environmental engineering at uni and working in environmental consulting has exposed me to quite a few hypocritical greenies.

Theres some stunning contradictions when you see that the greens are the most aggressive opponents to high density development when you consider from a land conservation, water conservation and carbon reduction perspective it is a logical solution to dealing with inevitable population growth in cities.

the hate for manbuns is so OTT.

they aren't even popular anymore but I've no idea why people find them so offensive.

everyone just jumped on the bandwagon "fücking hipster w***ers"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember a year or 2 ago when Grundy from Collingwood was touted as a "different cat" and there was attention on his hair style. Fast forward a few years and shitloads of players and people general have the same do. Are they all different cats as well? Maybe now non man buns are the different cats?

Or, who gives a **** if a footballer is a different cat, beautiful snowflake, yada yada... As the long as they aren't breaking laws and being campaigners, what does it matter?

I think man buns look good
Depends what people mean by them. Anything that is combined with shaved sides and back looks horrible.

A legitimate pony tail type style can look okay on some. However there seems to be an abundance of pasty white males who grow their hair long, tie it up and end up looking like they're ready to audition for a role in The Patriot.

I tried growing it for a man bun for almost a year, but gave up when my hair become ridiculously curly and tiresome to maintain as it looked like complete shit the majority of the time no matter what I did to it.

The whole modern look is bad. Since when has rolling up jeans, wearing runners and wearing bloody vests looked good? Oh and I'll add a cap or beanie just to top it off. Its horrendous.

I wear runners everyday as I hate the feeling of thongs and sandals are eh.

What about people who have their hats backwards?
Hat+fail.jpg

Depends what people mean by them. Anything that is combined with shaved sides and back looks horrible.

Spot on, there's a big difference between a man bun and a top knot IMO. Man buns are fine and have been around throughout history, top knots are the new fad and they look ****ing horrid.

I have my hair cut that way but would rather spend five minutes running a comb through it than be seen in public with a top knot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back