Unpopular Opinions you have (non-football)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perth Zoo is rad. Used to love going there as a kid.

I went to Berlin Zoo which is one of if not the oldest zoos in the world and I found parts of it pretty shit. A polar bear shouldn't be kept in a small rocky enclosure with greenery - it's a ******* polar bear. Give it ice and snow.

Habitat recreation and breeding programs for endangered animals are brilliant.
I went to chicago zoo in December one year and it was a ****ing miserable place to be. African animals outside in the 0c temps, chimps enclosure had shit smeared all over the glass, tiger and lion outside pacing a tiny window looked bored and **** and not a single zoo employee to be seen

The San Diego Zoo is a great zoo, they have an Australia section with kangaroos, koalas, wombats etc.

They have pandas too but they were off limits when we were there due to one of them giving birth, was one of the main reasons we went there.

Zoos arent just about animals on display - there are some great breeding programs going on which is particularly important to endangered species.

Perth zoo has an amazing native species program which are then released back into the wild and there Sumartran orangutan breeding program is world renowned.

This is just one small zoo so imagine what others across the world are also doing

Zoos arent just about animals on display - there are some great breeding programs going on which is particularly important to endangered species.

Perth zoo has an amazing native species program which are then released back into the wild and there Sumartran orangutan breeding program is world renowned.

This is just one small zoo so imagine what others across the world are also doing
Unfortunately I'd bet that a majority of zoos aren't doing what Perth zoo is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zoo quality probably goes back to the ownership. There's zoos that function almost like animal charities and there's zoos that just exist to make somebody profits.

I hope the 1500m swimming outrates both state of origin and gridiron, its netter than both of those tripe.

I couldn't care less about the Olympics - just another corrupt sporting organisation where people think more about how they can line their own pockets than the financial damage it does to the country it's being held in

The Olympics get my attention a bit when they actually are on, but I've never been one to sit down and take a lot of interest in the events like others do.

Give me the World Cup over it any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back