FTA-TV Upcoming TV shows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really looking forward to Season 3 of Rake, best Australian TV show for mine from the last few years.

I'm also interested to see what the Americans do with their big budget adaptation of Rake that's due to air soon (part of me cringes and part of me is hopeful of a very good adaptation).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Couldn't find a thread on it but 4 episodes in and Intelligence is pretty disappointing. There just doesn't seem to be anything in it. They can't just rely on Gabriel's tech to keep the viewer interested.

They've tried with the whole wife thing and the other agent with the chip but IMO it's been lamely done so far.

yep boring seen it before crap which is a shame cos Sawyer is watchable, there's just nothing going on

yep boring seen it before crap which is a shame cos Sawyer is watchable, there's just nothing going on

It's almost 100% the writers fault IMO.

Sawyer can't solo carry a show like a James Spader, but he is certainly a great acting talent.

Re: Intelligence I fell asleep watching ep 3 not going back. I feel like Sawyer is a very one dimensional actor and is all wrong for the role he's been cast in. Apart from that the shows pretty boring.

You just know the wife will pop back up with some bullshit excuse of how she survived being blown up.

I'm really looking forward to Season 3 of Rake, best Australian TV show for mine from the last few years

Rake is awesome.

I'm also interested to see what the Americans do with their big budget adaptation of Rake that's due to air soon (part of me cringes and part of me is hopeful of a very good adaptation).
/quote]

Few Aussie actors in US adaptation. Watched few minutes and so far so good.

I'm really looking forward to Season 3 of Rake, best Australian TV show for mine from the last few years.

Couldn't agree more, best since Seachange IMO.

ABC are really pulling out all the stops at present, Doctor Blake Mysteries last night, Doc Martin tonight and Rake Sunday, throw in the Swedish show The Killing on SBS Tuesday night and I'm probably watching more free to air at the moment then I have for ages.

Throw in True Detective on Monday and it's five straight nights of quality television. Pity they're fairly short series and will all be over in about eight weeks though.

Not sure if anyone's across the whole Amazon Pilots stuff, but there's 5 pilots for shows you can watch although whether they get picked up for a full season is still tbd. Watched Transparent which I thought was pretty great and hope that get's picked up. Might watch The After next which is sci-fi/apocalypse genre.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1001155581

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've just watched 2 pommy shows that are pretty good. The first is "Inside Number 9" from the makers of "League of Gentlemen" and "Psychoville", very dark.

The second is "Life of Rock", a pisstake mockumentary from the makers of "The Fast Show".

Recommend both

Not sure if anyone's across the whole Amazon Pilots stuff, but there's 5 pilots for shows you can watch although whether they get picked up for a full season is still tbd. Watched Transparent which I thought was pretty great and hope that get's picked up. Might watch The After next which is sci-fi/apocalypse genre.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1001155581

I watched the After, had to wash my eyes out with acid afterwards, good luck sir!

yeah watched The After, Chris Carter from X files fame was behind it so i thought it might be worth a look, the actors in it are terrible, for some reason they swear every second word and there was a random naked scene, felt like another attempt at Lost with an X files twist, was pretty crappy

also caught this

and it felt extremely networky, kinda preachy too, on par with The blacklist for what it's worth

and last but not least

probably the pick of the bunch which isn't saying much, better than the trailer makes out to be but nothing groundbreaking here

I couldn't find a thread (pretty sure there was one though) but the TV show Heroes is coming back as a reboot called Heroes: Reborn the only details confirmed are that it will be 13 ep season next year. I havent seen anything about cast etc but you would think that most would be returning.

This article sums up the show pretty well I think.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/02/24/heroes-reborn-analysis/

Anyone know if the second season of The Americans is being shown on Foxtel?

Is there going to be a second season of Vikings?
Already out.

looking forward to this

I like most series that HBO do, I've been in IT for nearly 20 years, and I'm currently working for a Valley based company, so I want it to be good. But I'm not sure what to make of this, something about it doesn't feel right...

Seven to film drama series based on Molly Meldrum's life - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...tar-Molly-Meldrums-life-Countdown-series.html

In4this.

Anything in particular people would like to see included in this?
His relationship with Wake Up Jeff.

Anyone watching The Millers? I wanted to like it because of the Arnett factor but it's fairly woeful. He's should be doing better stuff than this...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back