FTA-TV Upcoming TV shows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
you may not be as big a snob as you think if you are watching that crap
I did say a couple of those shows have had poor moments, True Blood and The Walking Dead were probably the two I was talking about. I love zombies though and the first two seasons of TWD was EXCELLENT. It's fallen off a bit of a cliff since which sucks.

Just finished watching Ray Donovan, the first season. I liked it. Not sure where it is gonna go in season 2 as you have kinda found out everything about the back story.

Im a TV ****. I'll watch almost anything. It's a problem considering there's only 24 hours in a day...
Throw in the fact I like to play video games, watch sport, watch movies, listen to new music and play soccer there is hardly any time at all.

Ray Donovan has been slammed by the critics from what I've heard.
I dont listen to critics. That is like one guys opinion of a show. I listen to the masses to give shows a go and then form my own opinion. The masses on IMDB are usually pretty accurate. Ray Donovan is 8.1 on IMDB so I checked it out and really enjoyed the first season.

I dont listen to critics. That is like one guys opinion of a show. I listen to the masses to give shows a go and then form my own opinion. The masses on IMDB are usually pretty accurate. Ray Donovan is 8.1 on IMDB so I checked it out and really enjoyed the first season.

I know that everyone has different tastes but I tend to agree with the critics so I follow them to get a general consensus. I am yet to watch it so I can't really comment on that just like the following which is apparently atrocious too.

Im such a TV snob. You guys seem to be up for almost anything and will try a lot of shows. But I know just from the trailers whether they will be shit or not. Like Intelligence. I knew just from the trailer that it was going to be crap.

My TV has to be absolute top quality or me to watch. The characters have to engaging, the writing has to unbelievable, the acting top notch, the production values have to be hollywood movie type stuff. It needs to be boss or I simply wont watch it.

I know people who watch garbage like Arrow or Intelligence or Chicago Fire ... just all so shit.

It has to be absolute top drawer or I cant sit through it.

Game of Thrones
The Walking Dead
Sons of Anarchy
The Sopranos
The West Wing
Ray Donovan
Boardwalk Empire
Breaking Bad
Mad Men
True Blood
Deadwood

That kinda quality. Unfortunately it's few and far between and even some of those shows I have listed have had their ups and downs.

Complete TV snob.

jod, check out House of Cards and True Detective. Both are top notch.

If it's on TV in Australia it's usually shit.

Our TV stations are cheap and only buy those shows overseas networks want to dump.

Anything good will be scooped up by Foxtel (GoT, BB).

If I ever find myself grinding through a TV show I just stop watching it. Some shows need to quit while they're ahead. It's better for the actors and the writers. Just look at Friends or Seinfield. They knew when to stop and people now look back fondly at those shows and the actors are well respected. Then you look at a show like Scrubs, they didn't know when to quit and the actors have gone on to become losers. I'm sorry Zach Braff but your potential died somewhere and now it's lost forever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me shows have to work really hard to stop from going stale.

Once JD and Elliot had progressed through the ranks far enough the show lost direction.

The fun of the show was them being the newbies with Cox bossing them around.

Such a troll.

He could have left Scrubs at the peak and become a big star having shows written for him.

By the time Scrubs finished by going boring he wasn't young and hot anymore. Writers and producers would've avoided him like poison.

That's Hollywood.

Pretty sure Braff made a conscious decision to go into directing and producing rather than keep acting.

By begging for money on Kickstarter?

Hopefully he enjoys himself. If he was a successful actor he wouldn't be trying to get handouts on the internet to start his production career.

By begging for money on Kickstarter?

Hopefully he enjoys himself. If he was a successful actor he wouldn't be trying to get handouts on the internet to start his production career.
I'm not saying he's been a successful writer/director/producer (although the awards he got for Garden State weren't too shabby).

I'm just saying, pretty sure he chose to move away from acting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back