FTA-TV Upcoming TV shows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else watching 'Forever'?

I didn't go in with high expectations as it looked a bit cringey, but I'm really enjoying it 5 eps in (11 are out so far).

looks like a cross between quantum leap and castle, will check it out to pass some time

cheers mate

What's so good about Castle?

I hear about it constantly.

I also really like The Mentalist, in which I've heard it's similar to that?

Someone pitch it to me.

Anyone else watching 'Forever'?

I didn't go in with high expectations as it looked a bit cringey, but I'm really enjoying it 5 eps in (11 are out so far).

Watched all 11 episodes over the last 2 days and I'm really enjoying it. I just hope in the 2nd half of the season they move away from the weekly case being the centre point of the show now that we have had a big reveal.

Someone pitch it to me.
LOVE the Mentalist Have all the seasons on dvd , just waiting for the last season to come onto dvd. Edited after about a week :0 I haven't seen the Castle at all, but might look into that as well

Last edited:

Someone pitch it to me.
I'm not sure really, as someone said above, Nathan Fillon is just really suited to the role and doesn't have to try overly hard to be funny. Some of the weekly cases are brilliant when 'Castle' comes up with a wild conspiracy theory.

I don't even bother trying US free-to-air dramas anymore (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, and especially never CW). Just total trite. And that's not going to change now with audiences getting more fractured. A show with long, complex plots is never getting made again. Lost would not get a green light in 2015 [I know Lost got bad but that's not the point]. It's all cop shows and Woman's Day here on out.

US cable dramas, when they're good, going after a specific audience actually give a shit about the story and characters instead of being televised fast food.

Last edited:
I don't even bother trying US free-to-air dramas anymore (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, and especially never CW). Just total trite. And that's not going to change now with audiences getting more fractured. A show with long, complex plots is never getting made again. Lost would not get a green light in 2015 [I know Lost got bad but that's not the point]. It's all cop shows and Woman's Day here on out.

US cable dramas, when they're good, going after a specific audience actually give a shit about the story and characters instead of being televised fast food.
People like to watch shows where "they don't have to think". I don't understand this though, why watch something that doesn't stimulate the brain, what's the point?

Hannibal?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. Is that the one that got cancelled?

yes it is, but if you are liking Castle, Firefly is what you should be watching and then make sure you watch the movie and then make sure you come back and tell us how great firefly is and what a disgrace it got cancelled

yes it is, but if you are liking Castle, Firefly is what you should be watching and then make sure you watch the movie and then make sure you come back and tell us how great firefly is and what a disgrace it got cancelled

This is awkward I don't watch Castle.

Heard good things about firefly though from a few friends.

Castle is everything Moonlighting (Bruce Willis and Cybille Shepherd, but it's going back a bit) should have been, but never quite was. Same idea: odd couple, sexual chemistry, witty script. But the scripts in Moonlighting never were quite as sharp as they needed to be. Castle is a lot of fun.

And I have no interest in Firefly etc.

Well that's disappointing. I'm quite enjoying it myself.

I don't mind it - I just think they could do more with the premise, it just feels a bit cheesy/clichéd at times.

I'm watching Stalkers which I think is okay, but that looks like being cancelled too.

Watched all 11 episodes over the last 2 days and I'm really enjoying it. I just hope in the 2nd half of the season they move away from the weekly case being the centre point of the show now that we have had a big reveal.

Agree.

It had a little slump after the initial few episodes because it became more about the weekly case rather then the story of our main character. Episode 11 was great thought and it's pulled me right back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back