• YOOOOO

Votes: 34 29.3%
  • Conca

Votes: 19 16.4%
  • Why don't we have both?

Votes: 63 54.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm thinking maybe 28 + 31 for Yeo + 29? Would work well for both parties imo.

Saying that, even if it is just for pick 31 I'm not going to be overly displeased with it. We're virtually getting Yeo for free

Why not wait?

What if a better player became available after the deal was done?

If the plan is to wait - then why not wait until 1pm Friday

The starting positions were our3rd rounder and them wanting our second rounder.

After 15 days we just pony up our 2nd rounder.

Aside from the dubious methodology employed in this trade period, it sends out a message for future trades - just hod out and WC will blink.

If that pick was what we planned on giving - just do so straight away and get on with it.

Brisbane are the ones under the gun - 5 trades to sort out in now 4 days - they are the ones under pressure to deal, not us

I'm thinking maybe 28 + 31 for Yeo + 29? Would work well for both parties imo.

Hope it's at least something like this, not because it is that much better than pick 28 for Yeo, but because the deal won't just end up being the Brisbane opening position. I'd like to see some indication of negotiation being involved in the deal.

If WC started out willing to eventually pay #28 if push came to shove, they should've just kept pick 6 and not bother dealing with Collingwood in the first place. Risking not being able to select either Sheed or Acres in the first round is not worth having pick 31 in hand, especially in this weak draft. If WC pay #28 to Brisbane and miss out on Sheed or Acres, the parties responsible deserve the arse. Incompetent trading, short-sightedness and a lack of backbone leaves for no confidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Risking not being able to select either Sheed or Acres in the first round is not worth having pick 31 in e.

I know this might not be a popular statement but I could almost guarantee you that Vozzo and his team would have done these deals to secure both Yeo and a strong young mid, either Acres, Sheed or another. They would have tested the waters with the other clubs and even bartered to secure the kid of choice. The club and Vozzo are not that naive to squander any chance of getting the pick we need out of the draft.

If WC started out willing to eventually pay #28 if push came to shove, they should've just kept pick 6 and not bother dealing with Collingwood in the first place. Risking not being able to select either Sheed or Acres in the first round is not worth having pick 31 in hand, especially in this weak draft. If WC pay #28 to Brisbane and miss out on Sheed or Acres, the parties responsible deserve the arse. Incompetent trading, short-sightedness and a lack of backbone leaves for no confidence.

But if we land either with our first pick?

I know this might not be a popular statement but I could almost guarantee you that Vozzo and his team would have done these deals to secure both Yeo and a strong young mid, either Acres, Sheed or another. They would have tested the waters with the other clubs and even bartered to secure the kid of choice. The club and Vozzo are not that naive to squander any chance of getting the pick we need out of the draft.

It could be said that Vozzo was hopeful of acquiring a strong young mid in the first round of the draft. Such can't be guaranteed. I understand their want for Yeo, but the lost opportunity cost of trading down the first rounder only to eventually give up the pick Brisbane initially asked for makes little sense.

What has to be weighed up is whether a downgraded first rounder is of what value compared to pick 31. If WC were willing to give up #28, then the downgrade only to have #31 to use isn't worth it, IMO.

Vozzo may well have tested the waters, so to speak, but the waters, like the tides, have been constantly changing. The ground for Vozzo's plan when he enacted it have suddenly changed, and it seems to have come unstuck and left him in the situation where he's now seemingly having to improvise.

Then that part of the trade turned out all well and good, but it still wouldn't account for giving up #28 when holding the whip hand.

tesseract maybe we should wait till we know the full details of the trade before we cast judgement and further more see who we select with the full range of picks that we use.

Whilst I can appreciate the general unhappiness with what we have alleged to have done I am prepared to wait till all the cards have been revealed before I tee off.

I daresay the Lions have shifted the goal posts a bit while the discussions have gone on too. It would probably explain why they bungled the Hawks/Longer deal, why none of their players have been traded yet and we've jumped through hoops to get Yeo for seemingly no reason.

I'd say it's unprofessional but Rob Kerr's been put between a rock and a hard place this trade period and this is the only strategy he's got.

Also, look what they did with the Mitch Clark Fremantle/Melbourne thing: They stalled until Clark got a better offer and they got a better deal. They are willing to change deals up against good faith. I'd like to think Vozzo's gone in with this in mind and isn't trying to f**k around so as to raise their ire.

tesseract maybe we should wait till we know the full details of the trade before we cast judgement and further more see who we select with the full range of picks that we use.

Whilst I can appreciate the general unhappiness with what we have alleged to have done I am prepared to wait till all the cards have been revealed before I tee off.

If you look back at my post #1919 on the previous page, it began with "If", and as such makes for a hypothetical. My opinion and take on how this trade is playing out stems from that hypothetical actually being the case.

If this board were to wait until the trade is all said and done before folks could/should comment on it, then Chief's BF business goes belly up. I find the sometimes used comment of "we should wait till we know the full details of the trade before we cast judgement" is a nice and polite way of intending to silence those with views that they don't agree with. (That may or may not be the case with you).

Isn't this the frustrating thing of rumours and part reports?

You want to go off at the proposed trade, but you hold back just in case it isn't so, then by the time the actual deal comes out (even if it is as reported) you're over it anyway...

Isn't this the frustrating thing of rumours and part reports?

You want to go off at the proposed trade, but you hold back just in case it isn't so, then by the time the actual deal comes out (even if it is as reported) you're over it anyway...

It's the downside of a long trade period. Clubs, players and their managers are involved in negotiations, sometimes quite difficult ones, and are happy to provide "information" that assists those dealings to a ravenous media hungry for any tidbits of information to provide to fans desperate to find out what's happening

Information is often repeated without scrutiny and is just accepted before being relayed as truth. Tonight I've read that we are prepared to give pick 31 to Carlton for bootsma and that Carlton aren't accepting our offer of a player

The trade period has also been more active than previous years

Couple that with a draft pool that from 6 - 15 or 20 that is unusually even (and there's now debate over whether the top 5 is as cut and dried as first thought) and there is a lot of uncertainty for misinformation to thrive

The irony is that with this huge thirst for information the biggest deal since Judd went unreported despite the seeds for it being sown in the wake of last years grand final. There wasn't even a whiff until it was announced

I daresay the Lions have shifted the goal posts a bit while the discussions have gone on too. It would probably explain why they bungled the Hawks/Longer deal, why none of their players have been traded yet and we've jumped through hoops to get Yeo for seemingly no reason.

I'd say it's unprofessional but Rob Kerr's been put between a rock and a hard place this trade period and this is the only strategy he's got.

Also, look what they did with the Mitch Clark Fremantle/Melbourne thing: They stalled until Clark got a better offer and they got a better deal. They are willing to change deals up against good faith. I'd like to think Vozzo's gone in with this in mind and isn't trying to f**k around so as to raise their ire.

If Rob Kerr has shifted the goal posts as I suspect he has, WC should in no way continue to keep giving ground, as they did by bettering their initial offer of #44 by bringing it down to #31. To compromise and then compromise again, without any compromise being reciprocal, only makes for Brisbane acting the bully and WC willingly playing the weak-willed pushover. It's time for Vozzo to hold firm and say '#31 is our best offer, and we won't be budging. We've compromised in spite of having the leverage, so now it's your time to come to the party'.

Rob Kerr being in a difficult spot with so many players wanting out isn't an excuse. Reneging on #31 because he and Brisbane are going through a tough time isn't WC's issue or fault. WC shouldn't compromise and cut Brisbane any more slack if Kerr has reneged and thus acted in bad faith, as well as the fact that WC have already taken steps to satisfy Brisbane by acquiring #31.

The irony is that with this huge thirst for information the biggest deal since Judd went unreported despite the seeds for it being sown in the wake of last years grand final. There wasn't even a whiff until it was announced
From that point of view - huge respect for the Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

News UPDATE - Elliot Yeo now an Eagle

Back