• YOOOOO

Votes: 34 29.3%
  • Conca

Votes: 19 16.4%
  • Why don't we have both?

Votes: 63 54.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

28 is under's for Yeo, he'll do well for you guys.

Has the skill and talent to eventually become an AA.

In saying that, I hope he breaks both his legs round 1. :)

:eek:

I hope you break both your legs round 1 and have to order your beer at the ground through creative use of a smuggled RC helicopter :(

Serious question, would we have been better off swapping 1st round and 2nd round picks with Brisbane for Yeo? Maybe thrown in a player (they've got a lot of spots to fill) because that's only a two pick upgrade?

Edit: Eh, only one spot upgrade so never mind, answered my own question. If only they'd beaten Geelong!

In 12 months time you'll all be laughing that you got him for pick 28. The kid will be a gun, bookmark it.

there's no doubting he looks the goods, and is no doubt worth pick 28. but it's not about what he's worth, it's about getting the best deal we possibly can for the club. the kid's out of contract, wants to come home, has nominated west coast as his desired destination... freo were the only other club in the running, and they were offering pick 35 or whatever, and 31's a definite upgrade on that. given our midfield needs, we should have been stubborn about keeping 28.

In 12 months time you'll all be laughing that you got him for pick 28. The kid will be a gun, bookmark it.

Many of us agree with that, but we wanted to be laughing even harder as we got him for a third rounder. Then, when we realised that won't happen, we wanted to at least chuckle that we got him for our later second rounder. We just want to feel like we've clearly won at the trade table for the first time in a while...

I make assessments on past experiences .
You tell me how successful has Vozzo been at pulling off great trades in the last 4 years ?????

He hasn't been in the role four years. Apart from Port being hardarses over Ebert our trades in the past couple of years have been reasonable.

It's more a question of how well our recruiters identify the best option at 11 anyway.

Piss weak trading.

Can understand the gamble with 6 to 11, reasonably confident that Sheed/Acres will be available at 11 but to give up 28 when we didn't have to is pathetic. Will be gutted if Cripps is taken with pick 28-30.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't worry, if we draft a WA boy with pick 28 you'll get him back in two years anyway.;)
In two years, Oey Toille will be traded to West Coast for pick 6, which they acquired from Collingwood for picks 11 and 31.

Remove this Banner Ad

News UPDATE - Elliot Yeo now an Eagle

Back